BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I'm also enjoying Lego pirates of the Carribean at the moment, it's nice to play things that don't try and be epic or something beyond them

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Just thought i;d drop a quick message on here away from all the Rovers talk to shamelessly plug LEGO Lord of the Rings. We've had a really good year at TT Games and the final push is for Lord of the Rings to be a big success for Christmas 2012.

It's out 23rd November and a new trailer was released recently. It is very much on a par with the charm that was had with LEGO Star Wars, I think kids and older gamers alike who have a liking for the films / books will enjoy it. The game also features a huge Middle Earth hub to explore between the more linear levels of the game.

Here's a link to the trailer.

• 3 weeks later...

Please tell me someone else is playing the Walking Dead game by TellTale.

I've just finished the final episode and bloody hell was it good! So many tough choices. I've never been so emotionally moved by a game in my life!

If you haven't played it, I won't spoil anything. It's on offer on Steam at the moment for under a tenner (I think)

Go get it so I have someone to talk to about it!

Haven't asked Santa for any games this Christmas. Just nothing out at the moment that takes my fancy. Two games I am hyped for are 'The Last of Us' and 'Ken's Rage 2', both of which aren't out until next year.

Besides, there's still a few old-skool games I need to go back and finish.

Edited by Topman

I've just finished the final episode and bloody hell was it good! So many tough choices. I've never been so emotionally moved by a game in my life!

If you haven't played it, I won't spoil anything. It's on offer on Steam at the moment for under a tenner (I think)

Loving it so far. Have played episodes 1-4. Need to download 5. Looking forward to it

Has anyone played the new Assassin's Creed?

I've never played one before as I don't play the Playstation too much, and when I do it's usually either Fifa or GTA, but the advert looked good and I've heard the previous 2 were good.

I finished the main story last week.

After about 5 hours I was about to chuck it in as the storyline was very slow, but then it really picked up and I loved it. Really good storyliner and the gameplay is very good. It took me just over 25 hours the finish the main story. There are tons of extra side missions to do so I reckon that I can get circa 70 hours out of the game if I wanted.

Is there a disc based version of this available on the PS3?

Am I reading it right that it is £15.99 on the PSN will allow me to download and play the 5 episides?

• 1 month later...
Hotline Miami is absolutely nuts. Tripping b@lls.

Yes!

The soundtrack is amazing, very well styled also. Kind of like old skool GTA with more violence :)

If you like the indie games I am sure you have tried Super Meat Boy? If not it is amazing, for me the best game to be released in years (even though it is a bit old in the tooth now). It reminds me of old platform games and also comes up with some new twists.

Edit: Braid is another good indie platformer, more headmelting rather than old skool though.

Another favourite indie game of mine is Geometry Wars - proper old skool shoot-em-up.

On a similar note any of the older generation remember Elite? It seems like the king of games IS getting a release now that it has gotten funding. What a game :)

http://news.sky.com/story/1032971/elite-dangerous-secures-kickstarter-funding

Edited by The Hypnotic

Yes!

The soundtrack is amazing, very well styled also. Kind of like old skool GTA with more violence :)

If you like the indie games I am sure you have tried Super Meat Boy? If not it is amazing, for me the best game to be released in years (even though it is a bit old in the tooth now). It reminds me of old platform games and also comes up with some new twists.

Edit: Braid is another good indie platformer, more headmelting rather than old skool though.

Another favourite indie game of mine is Geometry Wars - proper old skool shoot-em-up.

On a similar note any of the older generation remember Elite? It seems like the king of games IS getting a release now that it has gotten funding. What a game :)

http://news.sky.com/story/1032971/elite-dangerous-secures-kickstarter-funding'>http://news.sky.com/story/1032971/elite-dangerous-secures-kickstarter-funding

Agreed, the soundtrack is class, suits it down to the ground.

Funnily enough I got Super Meat Boy a few weeks ago after being hounded to get it by my mate, I'm glad I did definitely. It's a ton of fun and also nuts like Hotline!

I've not played Braid however I keep meaning to, it's one of those. Sadly I know the twist at the end, do you think that would take anything away from the game if I play it?

Well.... I never completed Braid so I don't know, and don't reveal the twist lol! I got to the last level I think, certainly the last world, and stopped playing. It is a class game though in how it makes you think in different ways to solve the puzzles. The only game I can compare it to (and the comparison isn't immediately obvious) is Portal, another weird platformer that gave me a funny feeling in my head! I'd recommend Braid to the hilt, it can't cost much these days.