BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shit, so if I am on Sunday and the deadline is Monday to steal the treasure and I still haven't yet left the calling card, does that mean I am basically screwed? 

If you look on the calendar in game there is a calling card deadline. If you are past that point then you're screwed, if not then you are potentially okay.

Just now, DE. said:

If you look on the calendar in game there is a calling card deadline. If you are past that point then you're screwed, if not then you are potentially okay.

Mmm. Execution deadline is Monday. It doesn't say anything about calling card, but I haven't left one yet, so maybe it wouldn't call it that yet. 

Feck, having to go back a week and to the start of the palace would be very annoying, borderline too much. 

Shit, I should have kept more saves

• Backroom

If you are on Sunday and the execution deadline is Monday then I think you are unfortunately going to run out of time. 

The only positive in that the first castle is by far the shortest in the game, so it shouldn't take TOO long to get back through it.... still a pain though. I tended to get the castles done ASAP to avoid missing out on deadlines.

Shite. I like the fact the game doesn't hand hold, but I'm a bit pissed i'm in this position and it's letting me continue down the dead end. Like it says "execution date" on Monday, I didn't know anything about leaving  a calling card and having to lose a day because of that. 

Ya, I will probably fly through it, but I did a lot of stuff, including grinding in the previous week. Went from level 5 to 11. 

• Backroom

I think for the first palace at least you should receive some kind of warning if you're close to going past the calling card deadline, as a new player especially may not realise that you need an entire day (sometimes two) just to send the calling card and re-infiltrate the palace, which has to be done before the execution deadline. There's a bit of an assumption that the player has played previous Persona games and will automatically understand the deadline system. 

Best thing to do is just get the palace done ASAP. It has no impact on the social link side of things and means you don't have to worry about running out of days to finish getting the treasure. 

Just now, DE. said:

I think for the first palace at least you should receive some kind of warning if you're close to going past the calling card deadline, as a new player especially may not realise that you need an entire day (sometimes two) just to send the calling card and re-infiltrate the palace, which has to be done before the execution deadline. There's a bit of an assumption that the player has played previous Persona games and will automatically understand the deadline system. 

Best thing to do is just get the palace done ASAP. It has no impact on the social link side of things and means you don't have to worry about running out of days to finish getting the treasure. 

Ya, I have learnt a valuable lesson here. The tutorial is good, but it should point out the calling card thing for sure. 

See I didn't infiltrate it sooner because I was trying to do the social stuff with the guy who owns the cafe and also to stick to my schedule so he wouldn't give out to me. I even got a job in the 24/7! 

Just saw the following post on the IGN forum , kind of sums my feelings up 

Because the game doesn't tell you you need a full day to send the calling card until literally when you're about to send. I put off doing it because I was under the impression I had 2 days to finish everything. Nope. Now I have to start a week before losing all progress I made in those 7 days. I just did a lot of s*** and have zero interest in doing it all again. Why would the game wait until the very last moment to tell you that you need an entire day to something crucial to the progression of the game? I'm new to the series and I was having a blast until this. I lost 5 hours of progress because I thought I had a whole day left to finish. I don't even want to play anymore.

• Backroom

You may be able to buy those personas back from the compendium if you have enough money. That said I can't remember if you actually have access to the compendium that soon in the game... possibly not.

33 minutes ago, DE. said:

You may be able to buy those personas back from the compendium if you have enough money. That said I can't remember if you actually have access to the compendium that soon in the game... possibly not.

I do but I think it's only personas I had acquired, so they will be gone.. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I do but I think it's only personas I had acquired, so they will be gone.. 

You can add fused personas to the compendium as well, I'm sure mine went in automatically but I honestly can't remember. I also had about four save states going at once just in case something happened that I couldn't get out of. 

Just now, DE. said:

You can add fused personas to the compendium as well, I'm sure mine went in automatically but I honestly can't remember. I also had about four save states going at once just in case something happened that I couldn't get out of. 

Ya, see when it puts me back a week I think everything I did is gone. Feck, I should have come on here earlier. I thought starting the 28th would give me enough time. The approach served me well in exams, obviously not in person though. Might slog through again tonight. I like the game a lot 

• Backroom

Definitely redo it mate, the game is worth it. If you need any other advice then feel free to ask, I've sunk about 200 hours into the game through a couple of playthroughs. As long as you save regularly and get the palaces done as soon as possible you should be golden. Oh, and make sure you talk to the two girl wardens and get their social link started. I found out the hard way during my first playthrough that if you don't then you are unable to fuse the higher level personas :( 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 19:48, DE. said:

Definitely redo it mate, the game is worth it. If you need any other advice then feel free to ask, I've sunk about 200 hours into the game through a couple of playthroughs. As long as you save regularly and get the palaces done as soon as possible you should be golden. Oh, and make sure you talk to the two girl wardens and get their social link started. I found out the hard way during my first playthrough that if you don't then you are unable to fuse the higher level personas :( 

OK, so I powered through last night and completed the Palace. I literally flew though it. I only got to level 10 this time and not 12. Ah well at least I am back on track. I am looking forward to seeing what's next. 

My God, the sexual imagery in this game ? Like one sub boss is actually the top of a penis. Morgane then shouts "it's coming" at the beginning of battle. The incubus Personas blatantly have big erect penises. 

Somehow all of this works 

• Backroom

Haha, yeah, it's all very... Japanese. You'd never see that kind of stuff in a Western style game, but somehow they make it work. It's actually kind of amazing to me how popular Persona 5 has been with mainstream gamers. The game is engulfed in animé tropes and the general story is very typical of that kind of artform, so I didn't think it would gain the kind of traction it's experienced. It's way more popular than any of the previous Persona instalments. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

I watched FFVII: Advent Children for the first time in a while yesterday. It gets a lot of criticism but I really like it. I love how the characters are rendered and I dig the story. Granted if you watched it without knowing anything about the game you wouldn't have a clue what was happening, but why would you even watch it to begin with if you hadn't played the game? As far as I can tell it was made specifically for fans of the game, so I don't consider that a negative. It's nice that the movie just gets right into it, rather than trying to explain everything in case the person watching never played the game. For what it's worth the "complete" version, which was the one I watched, is definitely superior to the original cut and fleshes out the story nicely. The end battle between Cloud and Sephiroth still looks great. The graphics look a little dated by modern standards, but considering the movie is 15 years old it still holds up remarkably well in my opinion. It's a huge upgrade on The Spirits Within, which was only released 4 years before Advent Children.

• Like 1

I didn't like it when I watched it years ago. I'm very protective of the original, blocky, design of the characters. Maybe I would enjoy it more now. I'm ready for the new game though and the changes it brings. I'm just concerned as I have read speculation that there will be no world map. 

Loving Persona. I am just at the part where they have discovered the Palace which is a Bank. That guy is a good villain. Getting a bit sick of the cat telling me to go to bed though ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
On 12/07/2019 at 12:47, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't like it when I watched it years ago. I'm very protective of the original, blocky, design of the characters. Maybe I would enjoy it more now. I'm ready for the new game though and the changes it brings. I'm just concerned as I have read speculation that there will be no world map. 

Loving Persona. I am just at the part where they have discovered the Palace which is a Bank. That guy is a good villain. Getting a bit sick of the cat telling me to go to bed though ?

It is annoying when Morgana stops you from going out - gets much better when you can go out in the evenings and after Mementos though. The Bank palace was really cool... you've still got the most irritating/difficult one coming up though :lol: 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2019 at 21:50, DE. said:

I watched FFVII: Advent Children for the first time in a while yesterday. It gets a lot of criticism but I really like it. I love how the characters are rendered and I dig the story. Granted if you watched it without knowing anything about the game you wouldn't have a clue what was happening, but why would you even watch it to begin with if you hadn't played the game? As far as I can tell it was made specifically for fans of the game, so I don't consider that a negative. It's nice that the movie just gets right into it, rather than trying to explain everything in case the person watching never played the game. For what it's worth the "complete" version, which was the one I watched, is definitely superior to the original cut and fleshes out the story nicely. The end battle between Cloud and Sephiroth still looks great. The graphics look a little dated by modern standards, but considering the movie is 15 years old it still holds up remarkably well in my opinion. It's a huge upgrade on The Spirits Within, which was only released 4 years before Advent Children.

I actually watched this about a month ago for the first time since it was released. The Tifa v Loz fight popped up on YouTube, so I decided to watch it all.

I enjoyed it a lot more this time than before. 

The animation and graphics are incredible, given how old it actually is. 

I watched Kingsglaive shortly after, the work gone into that is on a different planet.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I actually watched this about a month ago for the first time since it was released. The Tifa v Loz fight popped up on YouTube, so I decided to watch it all.

I enjoyed it a lot more this time than before. 

The animation and graphics are incredible, given how old it actually is. 

I watched Kingsglaive shortly after, the work gone into that is on a different planet.

I was incredibly hyped for Advent Children when it first came out. I actually pre-ordered the Japanese first-print edition so that I could watch it ASAP. It didn't come with English subtitles so I had to print off a fan translation from some forum I used to be on and literally read the translation off paper as I watched the movie. Hilarious to think about, considering nowadays fansubs of popular Japanese media are released days if not hours after it airs. I watched Steins;Gate 0 concurrent with its Japanese broadcast airing last year and subtitled episodes were up 2-3 hours after the episode had aired in Japan. 2005 was very different! If I hadn't ordered a Japanese version of the film then I would have had to wait seven months for the English one to drop, which is also ridiculous considering nowadays stuff like this pretty much comes out in multiple languages or with subtitles from day one. AC released in Japan in September 2005 but didn't come out officially in English until April 2006! 

Anyway, those memories aside I've always thought AC was a good film. I really enjoyed it when it came out and still like watching it now. Admittedly there are some things I'm not a huge fan of, and I don't think the plot is anything special, but as far as being largely non-offensive fan service it does a fine job.