BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

The Mrs asked me about what games she could put on my xmas list yesterday and once I started I couldnt stop. I already have Footman coming this Friday and PES the next but this is what I handed her:-

Bully

Scarface

Splinter Cell

Family Guy (I know this will be pants but I am a big fan and its pretty cheap anyway)

Buzz You may laugh but the Buzz games are awsome after a few beers

Final Fantasy (The proper new one is out next year)

In addition, were the hell did THIS come from and would it be any good do we think

So, any one else anything to add? (obviously, I would like to add God of War II but we will have to wait till next year for that little Gem)

Edited by DE.

Just bought Bully on Play. I've been looking forward to it but didn't realise it was already out.

I think I'll wait for to get a 360 before buying the new Splinter Cell.

Has anyone played Yakuza? I've heard mixed reviews.

Also I must recommend Gun for the Xbox. Too short but absolutely brilliant nonetheless.

Edited by Rovermatt

Has anyone played Yakuza? I've heard mixed reviews.

I can only speak from the bit I played but I didnt like it. Too many loading screens, the movie bits seem to go on for ages. At first the fight setup looks good but soon gets repetative - gta this is not.

Save your money

I can only speak from the bit I played but I didnt like it. Too many loading screens, the movie bits seem to go on for ages. At first the fight setup looks good but soon gets repetative - gta this is not.

Save your money

so like metal gear solid then?

god that game wound the ###### out of me

• 5 weeks later...

Bully is very, very good. I'm also struggling through Devil May Cry 3 which is fortunately a hugely enjoyable game because it's one of the hardest I've played.

Really enjoying Bully too - very polished game from what I can tell so far (just wish I was better at English because I keep failing) Nearly bought Devil May Cry 3 (speacial edition) because it was only £15 - wish I had instead of family guy.

By the way, Family Guy could quite possibly be the worst game I have ever played. The ONLY thing it has going for it is the normal Family Guy humour.

• 2 weeks later...

But seriously, I see no reason to bother with Scarface. I've have yet to read any redeeming reviews. Superman Returns looks like a laugh and may be worth a look.

I dont know if you have bought Superman yet but if you havent then take my advise and SAVE YOUR MONEY.

It is fun flying around for a bit but it soon becomes boring. I really enjoyed Spiderman and thought this looked the same and I thought that the only difference would be the flying instead of webslinging - very wrong.

Dont say you havent been warned.

Now, onto Scarface. I have been playing it for about 3 hours so far and have to say that I am not yet bored. The very first level really throws you in at the deepend - its like the last mission of vice city (the mansion) You seem to be able to have a full blown conversation with everyone in the street. The shooting modes are made all the better by the 'balls' meter. When you fill it, it kind of goes into a first person shooter where you are invincable for a few moments and every guy you take down you fill your health - its a nice touch because its something to be saved until you really need it. Some bits are taking me a few goes because it is quite hard and it sends loads of guys to kill you all at once - but its good that its hard and I am not walking through it.

So, from the games played recently - Recommend:-

Bully

Scarface

Pro Evo 6 (didnt really need to say that)

Buzz Jungle Party/BUZZ SPORTS (mainly for when people come back after the pub as it gets very competative - not really for sober moments though)

STAY AWAY FROM:-

Family Guy

Superman

Well, thats what I think anyway - others may think otherwise but I would love to know the comments if thats the case :P

I dont know if you have bought Superman yet but if you havent then take my advise and SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Yeah, thanks to xbox marketplace I've played the demo. It was ok but I can see how it will get boring after a while so it's sorta dropped of my list. May get it once it hits budget price.

Right now I'm waiting for Assassins Creed. Looks so, so good...

Yeah, thanks to xbox marketplace I've played the demo. It was ok but I can see how it will get boring after a while so it's sorta dropped of my list. May get it once it hits budget price.

Right now I'm waiting for Assassins Creed. Looks so, so good...

Thats the spirit, thought you had been lost to the marketing people for a moment like I was once when I have bought things like - Bart vs The Space Mutants - Men In Black - The Matrix to name but a few (I feel so ashamed :ph34r: )

I'll have to give it a go, that's a shame as it looked quite good. The other thing, I really want a baseball game for the 360 and I know some will be coming out when the new MLB season gets started, but will any be released in universal or pal format?

Have been playing Smackdown vs Raw 2007.

Now, I am not a fan of the tv programme - AT ALL however, I have always liked the games.

The new game lets you grapple with the right analog stick. Takes a bit of getting used to but does work well.

My only problem is that it takes sooooooooooooooooo long to load each screen