BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

• Backroom

I pretty much ignore most the zombies out and about, War is my favourite horse, got Famine at the minute and it sucks.

I loved riding through that little canyon north of Armadillo with War and setting a load ablaze.

Would recommend Castlevania as well, massive game.

I bought Medal of honor on PS3 and ill give you a word of advice, dont buy it.

The single player crashes like hell and the gameplay freezes up all time and the team you play with dont carry out objectives so you cant progress, its just full of bugs.

The multiplayer is truly awful, the first night I played it I thought it was great then a few days later when I played it again it was just getting worse, It lags like crazy, the weapons dont upgrade anything when you add things onto them, you get killed constantly in suspicous circumstances, you run into a safe place and find yourself dead because of bullet lag, and I dont want to even go into the amount of campers in the game.

Stay away from this game as its the most frustrating game I have played for ages and I will certainly be trading this pile of dog jam for black ops.

Edited by beerwins

The multiplayer is truly awful, the first night I played it I thought it was great then a few days later when I played it again it was just getting worse, It lags like crazy, the weapons dont upgrade anything when you add things onto them, you get killed constantly in suspicous circumstances, you run into a safe place and find yourself dead because of bullet lag, and I dont want to even go into the amount of campers in the game.

Stay away from this game as its the most frustrating game I have played for ages and I will certainly be trading this pile of dog jam for black ops.

It sounds almost exactly like Modern Warfare 2! Not going to bother buying Black Ops until I've rented it and tried it first. Got caught out by the overhyped mess that was MW2, and won't be as foolish this time. Can't believe they managed to make such a total balls-up of the the first Modern Warfare, was soooo disappointing. P2P servers so it was basically a lag vs. lag game, terrible maps, hardly any difference between the guns, ridiculous perks (heartbeat sensor? akimbo?? lol), hackers everywhere and as for the killstreaks, jeez. Choose the correct killstreaks, get to 7 kills then hide and watch the kills rack up. Got very, very boring very, very quickly. Thank God BFBC2 came out when it did!

This is the game I am most looking forward to (just looks awesome)

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/uk

Downloaded the demo, and it's OK. You can tell the people behind Burnout were involved as there's a few things been ripped from that series - particularly the 'boost' system. It did feel like it might get a bit same-y though? Think I'll wait for GT5 - if they ever manage to release it! Wasn't it originally supposed to be one of the PS3 launch titles?!

• 2 weeks later...

'AC: Brotherhood' is about Ezio's life after the end of AC II. It should probably be called AC II: Brotherhood.

As you'd expect it's more of the same with perhaps slightly more variation in the missions.

The big thing for me is that they've tweaked the combat. It's very much in the vein of Arkham's Asylum now i.e rather than just sitting there waiting for counter attacks, you can put a flowing combo together after the first kill. It makes tackling groups of guards much easier and rewarding.

They've also added a feature where you can recruit your own assassins - you level them up by sending them out on contracts. If they're in the city though (Rome - so far that's the only place you're allowed to go) they can be called in to assist you, which is a nice touch.

I wasn't going to buy it as I thought it was just a multiplayer game (so the marketing campaign was a complete bust), but it turns out that it's a fully fleshed out game. If you bought AC then you'll notice the jump in quality from that to AC II. I'd say they've improved on AC II with AC:B by almost the same. It's definitely worth a purchase.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

Finished the story today. Doing a fair bit of side missions (60% total Sync) it took me 16 hours. I would love to go on about the game and how good it is, but I have to agree with everything Exiled_Rover just posted. The Desmond Story progressed a lot more then I thought it would in a game that wasn't supposed to be III, but I loved it and now can't wait for when III does come out.

If you played AC II thoroughly and enjoyed it, you're going to love AC:B. Everything about the game (story mode wise) is better.

Multi player: So much fun. Don't find myself getting too mad when killed, and loving the tense anticipation the action brings. Big Fan. Recommend buy for anyone who likes this type of game.

Edited by American Rover12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...