BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Killzone 3 multiplayer Beta is up on the ps store. 800mb and is move compatable

I downloaded the 3D single player Demo last night and have to say I loved it.

The main game isn't has heavy as Killzone 2 was (some said it was too sluggish - I liked that though to be honest - didn't make me feel like I was hovering). They have also fixed the recoil when you shoot. Killzone 2 you hit the trigger and if you held it to long you would be pointing to the ceiling - not now.

Its still hard as nails as well which I love.

Your team mate is still a little dumb and you see him just wandering out and getting shot to bits all the time.

The 3D really adds to what you are seeing though - especially when you strap the jet pack on. There are not really many pop out moments from what I have seen on the demo but the depth does grab you - you can see right down the length of the gun and you can really feel the difference from where you are and the enemy is.

Will be picking the main game up next week when its out

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the 3D single player Demo last night and have to say I loved it.

The main game isn't has heavy as Killzone 2 was (some said it was too sluggish - I liked that though to be honest - didn't make me feel like I was hovering). They have also fixed the recoil when you shoot. Killzone 2 you hit the trigger and if you held it to long you would be pointing to the ceiling - not now.

Its still hard as nails as well which I love.

Your team mate is still a little dumb and you see him just wandering out and getting shot to bits all the time.

The 3D really adds to what you are seeing though - especially when you strap the jet pack on. There are not really many pop out moments from what I have seen on the demo but the depth does grab you - you can see right down the length of the gun and you can really feel the difference from where you are and the enemy is.

Will be picking the main game up next week when its out

When you say 3D, does that mean you have a 3DTV?

When you say 3D, does that mean you have a 3DTV?

Yes I do.

On the Killzone front played for about 7 hours and have finished it - great game and gameplay alone I would recommend it to anyone but they really let us down with the ending. Obviously I wont spoil it here but still a little bit gutted.

• 2 weeks later...

SOCOM Special Forces is out on the 22nd april and you can get a sharpshooter bundle with it. Iv downloaded the Beta (available to all psn+ users) and have been very impressed. matchmaking is done quicker than you can fart and the respawns in ranked rooms makes it more COD player friendly

• 2 weeks later...

Downloadable content. ie you pay £5 and you get a couple of extra courses, levels, missions, maps to play.

100% correct for the parts they ripped out of the game.

There is a massive fuss about it on the EA Forums. Hopefully it will be the last time EA Sports do this but I doubt it.

I think there is a demo for the new Tiger Woods game on PSN.

Next game that I am going to buy is LA Noire, it's out at the end of May and looks IMMENSE.

I think most PS3 and 360 owners are waiting for this. It should the first blockbuster of the year. I will wait will for the reviews before I decide to buy it or pick up a Thai version :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sk9YjbbyJw

100% correct for the parts they ripped out of the game.

There is a massive fuss about it on the EA Forums. Hopefully it will be the last time EA Sports do this but I doubt it.

I think most PS3 and 360 owners are waiting for this. It should the first blockbuster of the year. I will wait will for the reviews before I decide to buy it or pick up a Thai version :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sk9YjbbyJw

It was EA that started the whole code to play online. If you dont have the code you have to pay £10 to get one.. Idea is so they can cash in on the pre owned market I think

DLC?

Yeah but is it much different than the old versions?

The main difference is you can play the masters, I loved that as I am not sure that had been done before. But it's basically the same game as last year with a few improvements. But then again I did buy a Thai version of this so even it was rubbish I would have not been worried about the cost.

It was EA that started the whole code to play online. If you dont have the code you have to pay £10 to get one.. Idea is so they can cash in on the pre owned market I think

That is 100% correct and to be honest I can understand why the did that but to release a game with Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links and then say you can buy extra courses for £5 is a joke

Oh and one of the other big features this year is 3D grass :rolleyes:

The main difference is you can play the masters, I loved that as I am not sure that had been done before. But it's basically the same game as last year with a few improvements. But then again I did buy a Thai version of this so even it was rubbish I would have not been worried about the cost.

That is 100% correct and to be honest I can understand why the did that but to release a game with Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links and then say you can buy extra courses for £5 is a joke

6 Courses on a full game? thats really poor on EA's part. Its like releasing fifa with Town Park stadium then saying you have to pay for the rest (though I would certainly buy Ewood Park if it was available)

6 Courses on a full game? thats really poor on EA's part. Its like releasing fifa with Town Park stadium then saying you have to pay for the rest (though I would certainly buy Ewood Park if it was available)

The problem is software companies are scared to stand up to EA or EA lock in sporting organizations to exclusive deals so people can not compete. Example The NFL they have an exclusive deal and Madden is the only NFL game ever year. The fans know nothing can really chance year in year out so EA get slated for their yearly update system.

The football market is either Pro EVO or Fifa which is better than just one provider but not much.

I am afraid this is the model that EA are looking to follow over the next few years, it is very possible that future FIFA's you will be able to buy additional stadiums or worse that some leagues are missing and you have to buy them as DLC. Eventually EA want to make their games subscription based, so you don't pay £40, but rather pay a monthly subscription, video below is from EA presentation this week:

I am afraid this is the model that EA are looking to follow over the next few years, it is very possible that future FIFA's you will be able to buy additional stadiums or worse that some leagues are missing and you have to buy them as DLC. Eventually EA want to make their games subscription based, so you don't pay £40, but rather pay a monthly subscription, video below is from EA presentation this week:

I was hoping they would go down the path of user generated content, they appeared to be in FIFA 11 with the whole create your own team and share online thing (lots of BRFC '95 teams out there.) It's a labour of love for some people, I'd be quite happy to recreate Ewood as an .svg or applicable format if I knew it would end up in FIFA 12. That's the beauty of UGC, you know it's been created by someone with a passion for a love of whatever it is they are creating, rather than a way to make a quick buck. Wouldn't it be great to build the Ewood of yesteryear (terraces, Nuttall St. etc) and play in the era of Clayton and Douglas? Even if they charged a fiver for unilimited access to UGC it would be worth it and they would easily recover the extra hardware costs, it will probably be more expensive for them to implement this silly monthly subscription and sales would plummet. They're just taking the business model from phone apps and Sky and applying it to an industry where it just won't work.

I have no problem with pay a subscription for a game as long as the game is free and the game actually changes with each season and does not become a squad update. Currently I have to xbox's in my apartment 1 for legal games and one for Thai versions that cost 80 Baht, £1.17, $2.65 or €1.86. Currently I have Mass Effect 2 and Bad Company 2 in real games and the rest at Thai versions. Mass Effect 1 and 2 were so good it was unfair not to buy them. Bad Company 2 is the best online FPS on the 360 again totally unfair not to buy them. I have nearly all the EA Sports games in Thai version and to be 100% honest there is not enough change each season to warrant buying them.

I am also a massive fan of Football Manager and again I buy that game it's brilliant and I spend so much time playing FM its just not fair if I don't buy the game. But again the changes from year to year are very small. One of the guys on FM forums has the perfect solution for this. You release a new version of the game ever 2 years and you give away a free roster update with the game.

As an example you buy Fifa 12 and you get the changes to the teams squads free for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons. There are 2 benefits to this idea, 1 it completely removes the idea that games are just squad updates. 2 It give EA 2 years to work on a game so they can really make some changes. I am fully aware that games are so advanced now that its difficult to see what they can add to make FIFA or Madden completely different ever 2 years. But its better than the current 1 year release calendar we have.

I disagree on FIFA - it changes a fair bit each year, whether it be a new free-kick system or penalty taking, there is usually changes.

Id also be happy to pay for extra content such as proper grounds for all EPL sides etc.

The new chants part of Fifa is a cool little thing, Iv got all the rovers chants in there which can be heard loud and clear throughout the game.