BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Already I'm convinced that my delay in purchasing a 360 was worth it. God of War II is jaw-dropping.

Been playing for a couple of hours now and it is as good as the previous outing which pleases me very much - just cant put it down (only stopped now for T)

Everyone with a PS2 or PS3 MUST have this game.

(Did you see those cheeky ladies on the first level - How they replenshed his energy that way is beyond me :lol: )

After the first statue battle you fall through into a room. There is a crack in the wall and if you destroy the wall there are two naked ladies sitting in the pool. You go over and do your normal button sincs to have your wicked way with them - its only to get his life bar full you know

I tell you what. I had a terrible time trying to get the golden fleece from that three headed monster (cerberous I think it might have been called) Took me about 10 goes (playing on normal difficulty - it asked me after about the 8th time if I wanted to make it easier but I declined and managed it in the end - turns out I found a way in the end to kill it quite easily)

Top top game. The Mrs asked me if I wanted to go to B & Q with her mum and dad today - sadley I have declined as I feel I must proceed with God of War :lol: Loving it so much I havent even had Resistance Fall of Man on yet.

Like I said about not liking driving games and loving motorstorm, the same has happened wth the first person shooter. Played the demo of Resistance Fall of Man and enjoyed it so went and bought it. Soooooo glad I did. Its stunning and I am loving every minute of it. Played for a couple of hours on the 1 player last night and really got into it. Also gave the online a run out - no problems here either.

Top game :tu:

With Spiderman 3 on its way this weekend I just wont have time for all that fitness work I had planned for the bank holiday weekend - shame :lol:

Edited by Cocker

Well, not had God of War II for long and have finished it. Still though, I will definitely play through it again on God mode :tu:

I wont spoil it for anyone but I was a little dissapointed with the ending.

Got it already on the 360 :tu: Haven't played it yet as I'm away for the weekend.

Did you get chance to play? I am very interested in what you think. The reviews that I have been reading dont sound very promising at all.

The main question is - do I buy this at the end of the month or not?

Did you get chance to play? I am very interested in what you think. The reviews that I have been reading dont sound very promising at all.

Still away at the moment. I'll give it a go tomorrow night and let you know.

Did you like Spider-Man 2? If you did, go ahead and get it.

It has its faults certainly. There have been some seriously fun parts so far, some parts that make you go "oh that's cooool" and on the flip side, some annoying parts bordering on frustrating. The web swinging is a lot of fun. A lot. It feels improved and it's almost exactly like seeing Spidey swinging in the movies. You can go from really high up to really down low as easy as anything and go really fast without much trouble. It's really cool to combine the web swing, web zip and jumps to move really fast across the city. The fighting is a bit annoying though, particularly the dodge feature which doesn't always seem to work as it should (then again, I may just suck at using it). You can string some seriously cool combos together pretty early in the game and you unlock new ones at a decent pace. You don't have to "buy" any upgrades. Swing enough and fight enough and you will unlock new moves or faster swinging. The camera is definitely dodgy which doesn't help during fights. Also, some fights seem to rely on you having to use the dodge and counterattack feature to get hits in. This is at least true when it comes to boss fights. There are parts during the game, mostly during boss fights (sometimes during chases or rescues too) where you get to a sort of cut scene but you have to play it out pushing the buttons that are prompted on screen. These can be a bit tedious at times but they look really cool for the most part and they give you a feeling of pulling off incredible Spidey like stunts that you just couldn't do in the regular gaming engine. The random crimes are brilliant. They happen spontaneously, you don't have to activate them by talking to a civilian like in Spider-Man 2. They are also much better then last time, much more varied and some of them can involve you doing various things like chasing someone down, taking out snipers, taking out thugs, stopping cars. Sometimes you have to do several of these things to stop a single crime. You actually follow the cops to find the crimes some time. Hear a siren? Follow the cop car and stop the crime!

There are also tons of other stuff to do in the game like; skydiving (yes that's right...), races, combat tours, bomb tours. There are tokens to collect and there are of course several missions to chose from. There's the movie story line and 8 or 9 others. The stories aren't really connected in any way though but are enjoyable enough. A lot of well known bad guys show up and it's fun to play out for a fan like me. I'm enjoying the game but it's not perfect. I am a bit biased maybe being a Spidey fan but it is good fun. A bit like Spider-Man 2 only bigger, longer, got more stuff to do, more bad guys, better looks.

Any questions, just ask and I'll try to answer them.

Many thanks for the write up there Shev :tu:

Yes, I did like spiderman 2 however, from your report it seems that some of the things I hated about Spiderman 2 are back again in this one:-

Bad camera

fight system

I remember being very annoyed in the last Doc Oc battle because the camera was all over the place and I could never get near him - most annoying.

Something that I did like the sound of is the cut scene battles - sounds like the God of War ones. The only problem that I have with these is that I sometimes watch the cut scene instead of consecrating on what button I should be pressing.

Hmmm, still in two minds if I should get it or not (still cant get it till the 25th) but I know I will be in Game on the weekend it comes out with it in my hand - hopefully it will be worth it.

cocker and the rest of the boys, can you help?

i have a PS3, and on resitsance 1 player, during the cheddar gorge level i am stuck on a section where you are the edge of a cliff-

the computer teammate says something like "quick, down here". It is an auto load bit, so when i start playing again i am stuck on that section- for some reason i cant seem to go anywhere-

where the hell do you go or what the hell do you do? probably being stupid but for some reason i cant figure it out!

should be on line in next few weeks for PS3, will let you all know my username to start whopping ass on motorstrom :ph34r: :lol:

may well go and get GOW2 now after your recommendation- i take it that plays fine on PS3?

Hi,

Ok, your first question I cant help with (which place is it in by the way? I am in Nottingham at the moment). This is mainly because I have been completing God of War 2. Cant see me getting much time before the weekend either what with the Football being on tomorrow and thursday. However, I suspect I will be romping through it at the weekend so will give you an update then - thats if of course you havent already sorted it (in fairness though, there have been a couple of times where I have wondered round a bit thinking where I should be going)

If you want to add me to your list, my name is - rover95 (the dam things never let me have cocker because they think its a swear word - I think)

And yep, God of War 2 plays with no problems what so ever on the PS3. As you have already read I cant reccomened this enough - even if it is a PS2 game and you have a PS3. I have finished it but still will keep it to hack and slash again when I get bored

Edited by Cocker

I am just approaching that level, so as soon as I know, I will let you know.

EDIT: And cheers for the advice regarding Motorstorm - I will be keeping it. I heard a rumour that the Resistance update would be chargeable though - I hope you are right and it is free...

Edited by Wolverine

cheers, will probably go buy GOW2 this weekend.

as for resistance, it definately is in the middle section of the cheddar gorge level.

when i load carry on campaign- it is called

"a Disturbing Discovery"

Cheddar Gorge 12.20 am.

still stuck and feeling stupid, ahhhhhhgggggg!

as for getting on line, my PS3 is in lounge on only full HD tv in the house, whilst my broadband is at other side of house in the study. i have no way of connecting via ethernet, and although it is wireless is doesnt have a strong enogh signal in the lounge so can't get on. its p*ssing me right off!

cheers, will probably go buy GOW2 this weekend.

as for resistance, it definately is in the middle section of the cheddar gorge level.

when i load carry on campaign- it is called

"a Disturbing Discovery"

Cheddar Gorge 12.20 am.

still stuck and feeling stupid, ahhhhhhgggggg!

as for getting on line, my PS3 is in lounge on only full HD tv in the house, whilst my broadband is at other side of house in the study. i have no way of connecting via ethernet, and although it is wireless is doesnt have a strong enogh signal in the lounge so can't get on. its p*ssing me right off!

That blows, you need to get it online to use the shop and get the updates (you need the update to play pro evo online - not sure about gow2)

This chedder gorge level, is it near nottingham?

That blows, you need to get it online to use the shop and get the updates (you need the update to play pro evo online - not sure about gow2)

This chedder gorge level, is it near nottingham?

i think it is after nottingham.

i think im going to have to set the PS3 up in the study for an afternoon, get it on line and get all downloads/updates etc set up.

pain in the arse- which downloads would you recommend?