BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Did anyone buy Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

It's a bit good!

Yeah picked it up the other day. Always been a fan of the Deus Ex series - love the way you can choose how you want to do the missions. I usually try the stealth options to complete but invariably fail so end up blasting my way through.

Good soundtrack, very atmospheric, excellent gameplay depth but graphics are looking a bit dated now (especially in the facial technology when you look at something like LA Noire) but I can forgive that as the main thing is it's got a good plot and it's bloomin enjoyable.

Also picked up Dirt 3 recently - good if you like driving games and your willing to take the training wheels of and ramp up the realism a bit - I enjoyed it. Oddly enough though it gave me the strange urge to replay through GRID instead - much better game.

Hughesy, Tiger Woods 12 and Masters are the same game. You have to pay for extra courses, but to be honest it has enough courses that come on the disc. I have had for nearly 3 months now and still not bored of it.

Thought it was u that commented about it either in here or twitter.

Exactly same game? So the standard has plenty on it? Might get it - seen it for £18

Thought it was u that commented about it either in here or twitter.

Exactly same game? So the standard has plenty on it? Might get it - seen it for £18

Nope not me!

Yeah for £18 it is a very good game, there are quite a lot of courses, you can play career mode with the amount of courses available, as you play career mode there are some extra courses which if you want you can buy the course or just skip that event. All the big courses are already in the game.

This is by far the best Tiger Woods game (mind you the last one I bought was Tiger Woods 09), but decided to buy this after trying the demo.

• Backroom

I may get the Tiger game, I used to love them but then grew tired of them after the same game year on year with minor tweaks (same as I did with Smackdown Vs Raw)

I've been waiting for weeks for Gamestation to get more stock of Alice:Madness returns now as I have £22 credit there and want that game.

The wife is out on Saturday and I'm staying in with the baby and fancied a new game but don't know what, really bored of FPS games so they are out.

I may get the Tiger game, I used to love them but then grew tired of them after the same game year on year with minor tweaks (same as I did with Smackdown Vs Raw)

I've been waiting for weeks for Gamestation to get more stock of Alice:Madness returns now as I have £22 credit there and want that game.

The wife is out on Saturday and I'm staying in with the baby and fancied a new game but don't know what, really bored of FPS games so they are out.

This might not be up your alley at all but the newest MK has a story mode that is really long (unreal for a fighting game,) and I loved it. The new fatalities are great, the challenge tower lives up to its name (if not tediously,) and the game really got me excited for the MK series again.

Yeah picked it up the other day. Always been a fan of the Deus Ex series - love the way you can choose how you want to do the missions. I usually try the stealth options to complete but invariably fail so end up blasting my way through.

Good soundtrack, very atmospheric, excellent gameplay depth but graphics are looking a bit dated now (especially in the facial technology when you look at something like LA Noire) but I can forgive that as the main thing is it's got a good plot and it's bloomin enjoyable.

Also picked up Dirt 3 recently - good if you like driving games and your willing to take the training wheels of and ramp up the realism a bit - I enjoyed it. Oddly enough though it gave me the strange urge to replay through GRID instead - much better game.

Stealth is easy once you get the cloak.

I've moved on to Dead Island. It's keeping me entertained.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got Gears of War 3 yet? Didn't think they could surpass the tear-jerking death of Maria Santiago in GoW2, no spoilers here, but they did.

How powerful games are becoming relative to movies and TV shows.

Yup, just finished it tonight. Cracking game and excellent story, they deffo surpassed the Maria Santiago tear jerker of Gow2.

• Backroom

Anyone got Gears of War 3 yet? Didn't think they could surpass the tear-jerking death of Maria Santiago in GoW2, no spoilers here, but they did.

How powerful games are becoming relative to movies and TV shows.

Not played it not a bit fan of the GoW series but may pick it up on the cheap.

However some games can hit hard now, the 'end' to the fantastic Red Dead Redemption was like a sledgehammer to the gut.

Edited by Tom M
  • Like 2

Your not going to get much of a story on a racing sim. Visuals are a massive part of what makes modern racing games, I.e Weather effects, lighting, tyre wear etc

Thats where gameplay goes in. You can have a games that really is visually pleasing but very poor in the gameplay (need for speed, where all cars handle the exact same more or less, for example)

There are exceptions, such as Gran Turismo 5, looks great and has enough replayability for most