BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Thanks Joe. Guessing that the other players are rated as on the FUT web app. Dack top rated at 74. Armstrong up at 73, Nyambe and Kaminski at 72?

There's a few changes, as offline data has received 2020/21 updates as games have gone on, but FUT ratings aren't a million miles away right now. A new update will come out weekly and if we keep performing as we are, then the current FUT ratings will be far from their offline reflection in a few months

On 02/10/2020 at 10:57, JoeH said:

Yes, I am the offline data editor for Rovers, Barrow, Hull and Millwall.

Recoverite logo will be in the game within an update or two, it was a late release and just hadn't been put into the game. Not one that's in my control to be honest but I've raised it with the producers.

Ayala is in the team now, people just have to find the squad update section and download latest teams etc..

I'm playing FM 20 (got it for free on Epic Games Launcher...it was free there for a week, thought about sharing this fact on here but I didn't want to be responsible for anybody else returning to the addiction like I have! Sorry/you're welcome everybody). Do you have anything to do with the Rovers data for those or just on FIFA?

On 10/09/2020 at 22:18, RoverDom said:

I seem to have bought it bang inbetween two sales so paid full price. 

I started off decent but it went down hill after that. Now I've got back in the groove I might start again afresh. One thing that bugged me, I just couldn't get a decent performance out of Dack. Got the odd goal and assist but rarely hitting 7 or above in a match. 

I find there are certain recurring problems with player ratings in FM...the last one I played was FM 11 but I'm seeing many of the same issues here.

Central AMs seem to struggle to get good ratings. In fact all AMs seem to struggle to get good ratings no matter how good they look like they're playing when you watch the highlights, unless they get some goals or assists, which in my experience they won't do too frequently unless they're a certain type used a certain way (on FM 11 I used to get one with great long shots and decent pace and encourage him to shoot, that worked well).

Dack always keeps the play ticking over really nicely on mine but doesn't score many like the real Dack. This could be that my system is 4-2-3-1 wide gegenpress though, which has his role as advanced playmaker. Thinking about it, switching him to attacking mid attack duty might improve things for him, but I dunno if it would keep my team overall playing well. Dack's average for me is still 7.03 from 23 (8) games. 4 goals, 3 assists.

Rothwell and Arma are absolute menaces on my game but they keep fluffing the chances, so get 6.4 or 6.5 quite a lot.

Goalies are the worst for ratings though. I'll see a goalie pull several worldies before creeping slightly over a 7 if lucky, but let in one unstoppable rocket out of like 10 shots on target and get a 6.7. Practically impossible for them to score an 8 unless you thrash the opposition heavily. All ratings lifting the more you win by seems a bit daft too, it's a very newspaper thing to do, true, but this scoring system isn't like newspapers, using decimals, and, since we don't get to watch how the whole game plays out we are fairly reliant on those ratings to know how good our players are doing (and the other data I guess, but that's a hassle to wade through).

My left backs always do well though, even Bell who has averaged 7.11 (but is still second choice LB...first thing I did was grab Martin Olsson on a free, who has averaged 7.10 but over more games, and he usually plays the hard teams whilst Bell gets the easier ones during congested patches).

Another problem this game has is easy chances are frequently missed. Tons of chances are created, maybe to compensate for this, and maybe it's all intentional as an entertainment thing, but for me it draws me a little out of the illusion of realism.

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Do you have anything to do with the Rovers data for those or just on FIFA?

No I work for EA Sports, there is a data editor for Rovers for Sports Interactive's Football Manager, but I'm not aware as to who that is.

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

No I work for EA Sports, there is a data editor for Rovers for Sports Interactive's Football Manager, but I'm not aware as to who that is.

Whoever it is, they seem to think Bell and Armstrong have the same pace and acceleration, so I wanted a word ?

• Backroom

I may be the only VR connoisseur on here, but regardless I decided to pre-order an Oculus Quest 2. John Lewis doing £20 off with a code... couldn't help myself. I've got a PSVR and the original Rift and love them both, but have to admit it's a pain setting up the Rift. The idea of a wireless headset for under £400 (or under £300 for the 64GB version) was too tempting. Could have gone all out with something like the Index or the G2 Reverb, but I'd probably have to upgrade my PC at that point as well which would make it closer to a £1000 investment. 

Release date for the Quest 2 is Oct 13 so not long to wait :) 

Anybody played a few seasons on FM 20 and seen how Ben Brereton turns out?

I'm probably about to sell him for about 12 million to Everton in January 2020 (can tell it's just a game, hah!) but I do have some concerns as his potential ability has consistently shown as being at least 4*, possibly 5*. I'll be slapping a sell on fee in there of course but it still keeps making me think I might be making a mistake. He's my only asset who I don't imminently need who I can get a lot of money for at the moment.

I don't massively need the cash, I'll only see 2.5 million of it as budget for this season anyway and I think I can squeeze my remaining budget to buy the three first-teamers I'm lining up. But I'd like to sign 17 year old Fran Lopez, who my scouts tell me is slightly better than Ben right now (different type of forward though, which my main style doesn't really use) and has potential of 4 to 4.5 stars. It's that 0.5 possible difference that's giving me pause for thought... although from past experience I'll probably be regularly hoovering up forwards with as much or more potential than Ben within a year or two, and that at 20 with only 2.5 CA he probably won't hit his potential anyway.

Selling Breo for 12 million and bringing in Lopez for 1.3 mill seems a no brainer (not sure if the owners will pocket the difference when deciding my summer budget though) but I'd just feel more comfortable if I knew how good BB really can get on here...

10 hours ago, DE. said:

I may be the only VR connoisseur on here, but regardless I decided to pre-order an Oculus Quest 2. John Lewis doing £20 off with a code... couldn't help myself. I've got a PSVR and the original Rift and love them both, but have to admit it's a pain setting up the Rift. The idea of a wireless headset for under £400 (or under £300 for the 64GB version) was too tempting. Could have gone all out with something like the Index or the G2 Reverb, but I'd probably have to upgrade my PC at that point as well which would make it closer to a £1000 investment.  

Release date for the Quest 2 is Oct 13 so not long to wait :) 

I'm a RIFT user - mainly for Elite Dangerous, but a few other games as well - Absolutely love it, apart from the massive motion sickness when exploring planets in the SRV, I really struggle with that. That aside VR is incredible for E:D

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I'm a RIFT user - mainly for Elite Dangerous, but a few other games as well - Absolutely love it, apart from the massive motion sickness when exploring planets in the SRV, I really struggle with that. That aside VR is incredible for E:D

Elite is really incredible in VR for sure. I don't think it's natively supported with the Quest 2 - you can hook the Q2 up to the PC or stream games from the PC to the Q2 wirelessly using Virtual desktop, but from what I've read there are some latency/lag issues. For that reason when i want to play games like Elite I'll probably still plug in the Rift. It's not a big deal hooking up a single sensor and sitting down. What annoys me is when I need to set up three sensors for room scale games like Robo Recall, Rec Room, Holoball, etc. The sensor setup and being tethered to the PC can be awkward at the best of times. Also having to connect everything up just to use stuff like BigScreen (cinema app) or Beat Saber is frustrating. I'm looking forward to the freedom and ease of use the Q2 will provide. 

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Anybody played a few seasons on FM 20 and seen how Ben Brereton turns out?

I'm probably about to sell him for about 12 million to Everton in January 2020 (can tell it's just a game, hah!) but I do have some concerns as his potential ability has consistently shown as being at least 4*, possibly 5*. I'll be slapping a sell on fee in there of course but it still keeps making me think I might be making a mistake. He's my only asset who I don't imminently need who I can get a lot of money for at the moment.

I don't massively need the cash, I'll only see 2.5 million of it as budget for this season anyway and I think I can squeeze my remaining budget to buy the three first-teamers I'm lining up. But I'd like to sign 17 year old Fran Lopez, who my scouts tell me is slightly better than Ben right now (different type of forward though, which my main style doesn't really use) and has potential of 4 to 4.5 stars. It's that 0.5 possible difference that's giving me pause for thought... although from past experience I'll probably be regularly hoovering up forwards with as much or more potential than Ben within a year or two, and that at 20 with only 2.5 CA he probably won't hit his potential anyway.

Selling Breo for 12 million and bringing in Lopez for 1.3 mill seems a no brainer (not sure if the owners will pocket the difference when deciding my summer budget though) but I'd just feel more comfortable if I knew how good BB really can get on here...

Brereton never develops in my opinion. 

I got £17m + add ons from Wolves after promotion and he failed badly there. Think he is mincing it about in the lower leagues on my save right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Brereton never develops in my opinion. 

I got £17m + add ons from Wolves after promotion and he failed badly there. Think he is mincing it about in the lower leagues on my save right now.

Thanks, that's helpful. Everton no longer seem to be willing to add any kind of sell on percent to the deal though, not even 10% of profit, without dropping their offer to just over 5 million!! Which is not only frustrating but changes the complexion of the deal. So it's good to know he doesn't seem to go anywhere. How far in is your save?

Annoying that the game will shift the sale price so dramatically over a small add on. I've played around to test and they don't care if I'm asking 10 percent of profit or 30 percent of total, their up front cash offer drops from 10 million to exactly 4.8 million. Stuff like that robs the game of its authenticity at times.

• Backroom

Anyone know of any good detective-type games going on PS4 or Steam? Currently finishing Return of the Obra Dinn, with Telling Lies next on my list. Want to build up a small collection while I have some spare dosh pre-baby.

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Anyone know of any good detective-type games going on PS4 or Steam? Currently finishing Return of the Obra Dinn, with Telling Lies next on my list. Want to build up a small collection while I have some spare dosh pre-baby.

If you haven’t played it yet, get The Last of Us Part II. It’s absolutely bang on IMO.

Very different to the first in many ways, but I’m just on a second play through now. 

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If you haven’t played it yet, get The Last of Us Part II. It’s absolutely bang on IMO.

Very different to the first in many ways, but I’m just on a second play through now. 

Not even played the first one. Might get both...

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Not even played the first one. Might get both...

I would. I don't have a PS, never have, but I've considered buying one pretty much just to play them. They look amazing, and the reviews back it up.

• 1 month later...

Anyone got a PS5 or Xbox X?

I currently have an Xbox One but I am sorely tempted to switch to PS5 for the new console.

A few games I really wanna play that are exclusive to PlayStation.

Downsides though are that Xbox game pass is decent and Microsoft recently acquired Bethesda/Zenimax and are likely to have earlier access/exclusive content for future releases.

Not sure what to do ?‍♂️

• Backroom

I'll pick up a PS5 at some point, but probably not until either PSVR2 is announced or a new Persona game. There's no games on the new platforms that make me want to upgrade yet. I think the Quest 2 will be my main upgrade for the next year or two. 

• Moderation Lead

I want a PS5, but there aren’t really any games out for it yet. I’ll probably wait until after Christmas.Trying to market GTA V as a PS5 is a bit of a joke too. That originally came out on PS3!!

• Backroom
3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I want a PS5, but there aren’t really any games out for it yet. I’ll probably wait until after Christmas.Trying to market GTA V as a PS5 is a bit of a joke too. That originally came out on PS3!!

Everyone expecting GTA6 at the PS5 launch and instead getting GTA5 again was pretty funny. It's a great game but it's amazing how much blood they are drawing out of that stone. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

It's on the PC Engine mini I own... but unfortunately they didn't translate it and so it's all in Japanese ?

I have a ROM of the Sega/Mega CD version but haven't played it yet. Supposed to be a cool game and would be a good candidate for a modern remake imo. 

• Like 1