BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

• Backroom

I'd love if they just updated it in a more modern Visual Novel style to be honest. It's not a genre that's huge in the West, but I'm sure it'd do good numbers in Japan and a respectable number outside of Japan through its name value in retro gaming circles alone. 

I have Symphony of the Night, but yet to play it. Never been big on the Castlevania games but I do want to get round to it at some point as it is universally acclaimed. 

PC Engine is amazing for anybody into shooters and has some solid platformers as well. It's a bit lacklustre as far as other genres are concerned, though, so for me it's still behind the NES & Master System as far as 8-bit consoles are concerned. With that said I probably have a bit of nostalgia bias towards the Master System!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

The new Medal of Honor VR game dropped. 170GB to install and will only run well on a dedicated SSD and a PC with the very latest and best CPU & GPU. They appear to have gone into the project with the aim of selling as few copies as possible. Let's create a game for a niche market and then only let people in an even more niche market actually be able to play it. Good job EA. 

Oh, and also the game sucks, so that doesn't help either.

On 10/12/2020 at 16:05, Exiled_Rover said:

Apparently Cyberpunk 2077 is terribly optimised on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Which is incredible as it was announced 7 years ago!

Yer I was going to buy it on release but glad I held off.

CD projekt are pretty good with this sort of thing by all accounts, so I'm guessing it will be patched up soon enough.

21 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It doesn't look next gen from what I have seen so far anyway. 

I think it was always being developed for the PS4/Xbox one but you can play it on the next gen consoles with improved loading times, better performance etc.

They are planning on releasing a "next gen" version next year sometime. If you buy it now you can get the next version for free I believe.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I think it was always being developed for the PS4/Xbox one but you can play it on the next gen consoles with improved loading times, better performance etc.

They are planning on releasing a "next gen" version next year sometime. If you buy it now you can get the next version for free I believe.

That's a bit of a mess after being in development for so long. Like most people will buy this version , then will they areally care that much about a next gen version? If I finish a game once, that's typically it. 

I'll prob hold off til I get a PS5, but that's cos I have so many games to finish ahead of it. 

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's a bit of a mess after being in development for so long. Like most people will buy this version , then will they areally care that much about a next gen version? If I finish a game once, that's typically it. 

I'll prob hold off til I get a PS5, but that's cos I have so many games to finish ahead of it. 

Yer, my time is a lot more limited these days with having kids/doing grown up things, so most games get finished once.

Unless a game really hooks me in of course.

Recently Dishonored 2 got a couple of play throughs because I thought it was class and the new game+ mode made it even better but more often than not, its done once and onto the next.

I'm gutted Cyberpunk is such a mess for current gen stuff, really looking forward to playing it.

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yer, my time is a lot more limited these days with having kids/doing grown up things, so most games get finished once.

Unless a game really hooks me in of course.

Recently Dishonored 2 got a couple of play throughs because I thought it was class and the new game+ mode made it even better but more often than not, its done once and onto the next.

I'm gutted Cyberpunk is such a mess for current gen stuff, really looking forward to playing it.

I liked the Dishonored games. A next gen version of that would be cool 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2020 at 13:38, DE. said:

Anyone picked up FM21? Am still on FM18 at the moment and wondering whether it's worth the upgrade. Have read some conflicting reviews and general consensus seems to be that the UI is awful. 

Yes, the match engine is much improved - but the new interface and removal of condition rating, and press gestures takes some getting used to.

Ive just won the Premier League and Champions League with Rovers on FM20 in season 2027/28!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

I’ve got some vouchers I got for Christmas for a PS5 for Game. They send they don’t expect any stock until next month, even then, it won’t be much. They reckoned March was when they would get some in properly. I’m not that bothered, as there are hardly any games out for it yet anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2021 at 12:45, benhben said:

Anyone managed to pick up a PS5 yet? Crazy how there is still no stock nearly 2 months after its release.

Is it a noticable improvement over my PS4 pro? Only really play call of duty.

I only use the PS for CoD as well. If there is a difference on the PS5 version of CoD on the next release I’ll probably upgrade then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 11:53, JPTSwindon said:

Yes, the match engine is much improved - but the new interface and removal of condition rating, and press gestures takes some getting used to.

Ive just won the Premier League and Champions League with Rovers on FM20 in season 2027/28!

Just completed my first season on FM21, managed to get Rovers up as runners up to Norwich. Good start to the Premier League, sitting 7th coming into November.

No real money to spend, but a good set of younger players (JRC, Dolan, Buckley, Vale etc) give options for the squad. Shipped high wage fringe players (Gallagher, Bennett, Evans etc) which gives room to sort new contracts for Armstrong etc.

• 2 months later...

I've just downloaded PES2021 Lite for free on the PS4.

Not had a PES game since about 2017/2018.

On the previous version back then they had lots of online tournament that started at set times of the day which gave you and hour to qualify and then went into a knockout stage. It used to last 1-2 hours per tourney depending on progress.

However on the Lite version all the tournemnts are either several hours with no ko stage (Home vs Away leagues) or the months-long E-competition. 

I know the lite version is stripped down. Does anyone know if the full (non-lite) game has the shorter tournaments like 2017/2018? Google isn't helping.

Edit - it's only £13 so I just chanced it.

Edited by Hasta

• 1 month later...

Was looking for something to play on gamepass and installed Resident Evil 7 (largely due to the Resi evil village hype) 

Its pretty messed up. Proper Texas chainsaw massacre stuff (to a point) and when the family are looking for you whilst you're trying to figure out what to do next it gets a bit tense at times!

Good game though, reckon I'm about halfway through.

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Was looking for something to play on gamepass and installed Resident Evil 7 (largely due to the Resi evil village hype) 

Its pretty messed up. Proper Texas chainsaw massacre stuff (to a point) and when the family are looking for you whilst you're trying to figure out what to do next it gets a bit tense at times!

‘Welcome to the family son’ scared me a lot more than it should have done!

16 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I found it started off good and then gets a bit repetitive, then the story really picks back up again about half way through. Stick at it.

13 hours ago, DE. said:

It's absolutely terrifying in VR. 

It is.  It must take hours and hours longer to complete in VR as you find yourself just creeping around every corner.

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It is.  It must take hours and hours longer to complete in VR as you find yourself just creeping around every corner.

I actually ended up completing the game in flat mode first, just so that I knew what was coming 😂 couldn't hack doing it first time in VR!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I actually ended up completing the game in flat mode first, just so that I knew what was coming 😂 couldn't hack doing it first time in VR!

I played it in VR at my mates, but fortunately only had the option  of playing it through in flat at home !