BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good Songs

Eddie

Does anyone have any good Rovers songs? If so say what they are! We are really lacking some good ones. Even if they are songs that we sing already that you think that we should sing more...or even just keep singing. Write down the lyrics and we can attempt to flood out the scottish .

• 2 weeks later...

The trouble with suggesting new songs is that you are open to ridicule - still, it has never bothered me before ! Thought I'd try and compose a song for Brad Friedel to the tune of the American national anthem

Star Spangled Brad

Oh say can you see

In this great Rovers' side

For how proudly he stands

That is Blackburn's Brad Friedel

USA's number one

Wears the stars and the stripes

And we Rovers will rise

To our fantastic keeper

And everyone knows

That his class always shows

In unbeatable form

While protecting his goal

And say is that Blackburn's Brad Friedel being bra- ve

As he dives at their feet

And pulls off a save

That's all folks.....

@#/?...not even right tune really

Seems strange that you should ask for songs and yet when someone takes the time to reply you can only muster an expletive ! As for the right tune - it's just about bang on and I would suggest you either don't know the Star Spangled banner or you've made up your mind that no outsider  will receive any recognition.

I never claimed it was great but I think it's okay - and as I said, the tune fits in fine...

Now Eddie - lets hear your tribute to Friedel...

I couldn't hum the tune RR but I like your words.

Cheers :)

Thanks Paul. It wasn't just flung together. I tried to make it rhyme like the U.S anthem - where in the first verse the second line rhymes with the sixth and the fourth with the eighth (I think).

Better keep to myself the one about Tugay and Blue and White's Turkish Delight - full of Eastern promise :  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
I couldn't hum the tune RR but I like your words.

Cheers :)

Thanks Paul. It wasn't just flung together. I tried to make it rhyme like the U.S anthem - where in the first verse the second line rhymes with the sixth and the fourth with the eighth (I think).

Better keep to myself the one about Tugay and Blue and White's Turkish Delight - full of Eastern promise :  :laugh:

Actually I thought it was a bloody good effort!

Now pleeeeaaaaaase tell us the Tugay song!