BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United 2-1 Our beloved rovers

Just letting you know that I'm going to the game so we are certain not to win. My record of attending Rovers games is one draw followed by four losses... a record Jonah himself would be proud of.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with most posters about this match, yes we are going to lose. Last time I went to Wham before I moved to sunny climes I got really peed off with their fans. They are the ONLY team in London and they are better than anyone else. Yes they are the best team in London, they are soooo strong, they are proping the rest of the London teams up :lol::lol: It doesn't bode well, they are crap, we are on tv, if Pardew loses he is history, I just hope we can buck the trend and do the business. Will be watching in my local Spanish bar and hoping we can reverse the trend about playing Wham.

C'mon the Blues, we CAN stuff the claret and blue.

I am going to church tomorrow morning (the kids are doing their communion) :tu: so yes I will be praying for a win for the blues.

Cath

West Ham have not won in ages, the manager is under intense pressure, rumoured lack of unity in the ranks, the game is live on Sky, we have an awful recent record at Upton Park and to cap it all Alan Wiley is the ref who likes giving penalties to the opposition and sending our players off.

Should we bother turning up?

Yes!

West Ham 0 Rovers 2

:brfc:

I'll be watching on Sky today, given the circumstances any other team but West Ham away and I would be confident- our record there is awful. I'll know after 10 minutes if we are up for or not, we need to start at a high tempo and keep the tempo high, if we allow them an easy 20 minutes to settle and play themselves in we could be in for a tough game. On no account can we allow them an early goal, especially from a corner.

why does everyone feel the same about this?!!

i am normally reasonably accurate with my gut feelings,and i feel like a loss.

but if we can keep things tight 4 the 1st 20-25mins then w.h.u WILL get demoralised.

if we concede early then...well then i dont know what il do!

DOES ANONE KNOW WHICH UNDERGROUND STATION WE NEED FOR UPTON PARK??

IS IT WEST HAM OR UPTON PARK??!!

why does everyone feel the same about this?!!

i am normally reasonably accurate with my gut feelings,and i feel like a loss.

but if we can keep things tight 4 the 1st 20-25mins then w.h.u WILL get demoralised.

if we concede early then...well then i dont know what il do!

DOES ANONE KNOW WHICH UNDERGROUND STATION WE NEED FOR UPTON PARK??

IS IT WEST HAM OR UPTON PARK??!!

UPTON PARK ON THE DISTRICT LINE.

WEST HAM: Green, Gabbidon, Ferdinand, McCartney, Sheringham, Etherington, Benayoun, Mullins, Spector, Reo-Coker, Zamora. Subs: Carroll, Dailly, Harewood, Mascherano, Bowyer.

ROVERS: Friedel, Neill ©, Ooijer, Khizanishvili, Gray, Bentley, Mokoena, Tugay, Peter, Roberts, McCarthy. Subs: Brown (GK), Henchoz, Jeffers, Gallagher, McEveley.

emerton is a bad loss esp without savage in the team

True. I presumed from Dens original snippetof team news that Emo was playing.

Still, he'd have been on the right wing anyway and would probably have returned to being last years Emerton!

Not sure how much mobility there is in the middle with the Axe and Tugs. I'd be suprised if at some point early in the second half Tugs isnt knackerd (4 games in 9 days!) and replaced. If we're behind expect McArthy coming deeper and the fox in the box being unleashed.

This could go either way now.

Early text then, Den? No news on the official site yet.

Oh wait, there it is now :)

With Savage suspended, I think we'll need a lot of attacking runs from our fullbacks to help out offensively. I'm not too happy with our bench, but it will be a nice test for young Peter. Anyone think McEveley would've been preferred instead of Gray if the rest of the team was more the usual starting lineup?

True. I presumed from Dens original snippetof team news that Emo was playing.

How did you work that out Hasta? I said that Emerton was out.

P.S. hope Emertons' hamstring injury doesn't keep him out of Thursdays' game.

Was just about to post that it had been a scrappy first twenty minutes with West Ham having the better of it...then they went and scored.

Obviously had to be Sheringham...

We've been poor so far. A shot at goal would be nice.

Also the dude doing the commentating here is really, really, really annoying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.