BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Nancy Boys Are Coming

An early offering but the Grauniad not only wrote about French football but profiled our December opponents.

The game against Nancy could be one of the most attractive footballing encounters of the season and may well be the decider for Group top spot. I certainly hope that qualification from the Group stage is wrapped up before we face them.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I love 1-0 wins"

that says it all about how they will approach the game at Ewood.

Rovers have to approach this game in the sensible fashion, and I dont see the French coming to Ewood to attack. They will probably adopt a 4-5-1 formation, sit back like the French do (and did in the wars) and hide as much as possible.

3-0 Rovers, and that is an early prediction :brfc:

I saw some of their 3-1 win over Schalke. Nancy looked very slick and won despite having a ref who was clearly biased towards the Germans as the 6-1 card count against Nancy showed.

IMO, these guys are the biggest threat in our Group and Rovers are fortunate not to be travelling away to them.

Completely contradicting views on the style of game we can expect from you two. Have either of you watched Nancy this season?

The stock answer is NO I havent seen them play. I simply relied on the experts view in the paper report and based my view of the game on that.

I have not got a lot of time for French football or indeed the French at all.

In fact I wouldnt care less if they closed France down and sold it to the lowest bidder, its that much of a shithole, is full of French and instead of the tricolour as its national flag they should simpy replace it with a single yellow piece of cloth. That would sum up my thoughts and views of the French ;)

The stock answer is NO I havent seen them play. I simply relied on the experts view in the paper report and based my view of the game on that.

In fact I wouldnt care less if they closed France down and sold it to the lowest bidder, its that much of a shithole, is full of French and instead of the tricolour as its national flag they should simpy replace it with a single yellow piece of cloth. That would sum up my thoughts and views of the French ;)

LOL my views too :lol:

Surely, a white piece of cloth?

I know the reason too you bitter git. Just 'cos you failed the oral.

• 1 month later...

will it be on in usa??

let me know asap..if i need to pay I will ring my cuz...uusablue I think im in downtown phoenix on saturday week .

7:00pm

UEFA Cup - Blackburn Rovers v AS Nancy

Blackburn welcome French side Nancy to a packed Ewood Park for this UEFA Cup clash. Rovers have looked good in Europe this season but will they be able to put Nancy to the sword?

Doesn't appear to be live Abs delayed same day coverage at 7pm. Need to find a pub showing Setanta sports.

FYI If you are in the states this weekend the Newcastle game is Live on Setanta PPV or delayed same day coverage at 2.30pm. I believe the Reading game is either live or delayed on Fox Sports Channel the following Sat.

Who are they kidding a packed Ewood Park are we closing 3 sides ??

Blackburn welcome French side Nancy to a packed Ewood Park for this UEFA Cup clash. Rovers have looked good in Europe this season but will they be able to put Nancy to the sword?

Doesn't appear to be live Abs delayed same day coverage at 7pm. Need to find a pub showing Setanta sports.

FYI If you are in the states this weekend the Newcastle game is Live on Setanta PPV or delayed same day coverage at 2.30pm. I believe the Reading game is either live or delayed on Fox Sports Channel the following Sat.

I know it's on British EuroSport if thats any help.

Maybe one of the English bars could be airing it.

Anyhow I'm over for the game. Give me a few cables, a lap top, webcam, GPRS job and Bob's your Uncle!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

will it be on in usa??

let me know asap..if i need to pay I will ring my cuz...uusablue I think im in downtown phoenix on saturday week .

Game v Nancy 4:45pm Arizona time on Setanta, don't know who carries it, I can check around. Reading game is on Saturday at 12:15pm Arizona time on Fox Soccer Channel, I have that. I'll PM you.

Straight to the point and no doubt this will upset some people.

I hope we finish second in the group and are then drawn away to Benfica and exit with our heads held high to concentrate fully on Premiership survival....our bread and butter.

Pride has been restored this campaign but enough is enough,its proving to be a massive drain on team resources.I'm sorry but thats how I feel now.

1-1

Att: 8,000.....not much interest anyway.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Not so sure about this SG, though I'd be happy about Benefica as I'm determined to make this round my first away European game and I don't have time to get to the Ukraine!

Reality is we are out of the fizzy pop cup, will probably go out of the FA cup at Goodison and are looking at a dog-fight in the PL. We need something to keep the season alive otherwise gates will plummet even further, die-hards like you and me will drag ourselves to Ewood with no real enthusiasm, and we will be looking at six months of uninspiring football. I'm not sure the club can afford that.

The team seem well-suited to the UEFA cup and I want to see us go as far as possible. On performances to date, and Wednesday will be a big indicator, we can progress beyond the next round. I agreed elsewhere that winning the UEFA and being releagted might be acceptable, I now think that was a stupid remark, but until yesterday I didn't really feel we had serious problems. Clearly staying in the PL has to be priority but we shouldn't give up on the UEFA, we might just make the final. :)

I'm really excited about Wednesday, I'm planning to get our tickets changed to the BBE as I think the FS will be empty, don't lets take away the last spark in this season.

Maybe it is proving to be a 'spark' on a terrible season to date Paul but its also proving to be a burden.With a paper thin squad we are struggling to play 2 competative games within the space of seven days.

I agreed elsewhere that winning the UEFA and being releagted might be acceptable, I now think that was a stupid remark

I'm so glad you've seen the light Paul, I really am.

"I love 1-0 wins"

that says it all about how they will approach the game at Ewood.

Rovers have to approach this game in the sensible fashion, and I dont see the French coming to Ewood to attack. They will probably adopt a 4-5-1 formation, sit back like the French do (and did in the wars) and hide as much as possible.

3-0 Rovers, and that is an early prediction :brfc:

3-0 prediction?whose gonna score for us then?90 mins offside macarthy?my grannys faster than nonda?cox in the box...ooops sorry fox in the box?or even bring roberts on with a broken toe(still quicker than nonda)...if we do score itll come from midfield or the back four cos the front line is as bad as ive seen if for some time now.

3-0 prediction?whose gonna score for us then?90 mins offside macarthy?my grannys faster than nonda?cox in the box...ooops sorry fox in the box?or even bring roberts on with a broken toe(still quicker than nonda)...if we do score itll come from midfield or the back four cos the front line is as bad as ive seen if for some time now.

the date of that prediction was 28th October 06, I have now had chance to reflect on the above prediction and my new prediction is not as confident, 2-0 Rovers :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.