BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Those people dont understand football. They want workers who look like they give 110% for the cause. Fair enough in many positions of the team, but workers dont get you goals. Benni has done it 23 times this season, and we are not even a top 4 side, and people say if we get a good offer for him then we should sell him cause he is "lazy".

Check how many strikers have been tried since Shearer even in the two seasons we finished 6th and you will see its not easy finding someone who breaks the 20 goal barrier.

Well done, son...

Guest shoppybrfc

He's just moaning his head off like he always does, at least he can string a sentence together though.

is that sarcasm hasta or is nearly the highest scorer in england not good enough?

Over the course of this season he has been good enough. In the last 35 minutes that I saw tonight he was bloody awful. I've not really criticised him before and, believe me, there's no way I want to lose him. It's just for the second half everyone infront of defence was poor, Benni included

He's just moaning his head off like he always does, at least he can string a sentence together though.

Quality. Has a pop at two people in one sentance whilst at the same time crying to the mods on another thread. :rolleyes:

Well he got a hattrick of offside goals at Reading in the reverse fixture... Reading been none too convincing of late either so provided we don't get dumb flag happy linesmen, he might do it.

It would be just incredible if Benni gets the Golden Boot.

But I'd willingly give it to Ronaldo if he sends West Ham down.

I think we all suffer from Shearer syndrome.

Yes, Benni can be lazy, or inconsistent, but if at the beginning of the season someone had offered us a striker for less than £3m and told us he would be in the top 3 prem scorers by the end of the season, you would have been thicker than a dingle to turn it down.

That is what we got, people.

I have been guilty of being overcritical of the man, but the bottom line is that without his goals, we would probably have been in a relegation dog fight.

Unfortunately(?!), we were spoilt with Shearer and we have never since, nor probably never will see a player in the blue and white halves as good. In fact, neither will the premiership. We can't keep expecting players to live up to our past!

Edited by Wolverine

I have been critical of Benni's workrate in the past but i today I have just given up. He is in unstoppable scoring form, unbelievable. Also i though he really put the yards in at Spurs too.

If bentley had taken the sensible option of crossing instead of chipping he could have got a second as well.

The man is a genius finisher and has some of the best off the ball movement I have ever seen on a football pitch. Space seems to find him as much as he finds it.

We have to keep him.

Over the course of this season he has been good enough. In the last 35 minutes that I saw tonight he was bloody awful. I've not really criticised him before and, believe me, there's no way I want to lose him. It's just for the second half everyone infront of defence was poor, Benni included

Over the course of the season he has been fantastic it's that simple. We didn't hold the ball up well at all 2nd half Robertd was particularly bad for this. Benni plays even better when Roberts does his dirty work and holds the ball up, tonight he didn't. However he did score yet again and anyone who complains is either clueless or simply setting ridiculously high standards.

so sorry mr perfection didnt realise you needed exam results to post...mind you at least I dont get all happy and jovial because a rover has been sent off...prat!

Top Top Striker, his record says it all but the only thing he's letting me down is on him not assisting goals, i think thats why Berbatov gets more recognised than him.

Indee Roar, this was something mentioned on the radio last night and what I have been on about as I am sure if he had applied himself just a little bit more there would be no question of him winning the golden boot.

As Wolverine posted above 'Yes, Benni can be lazy, or inconsistent, but if at the beginning of the season someone had offered us a striker for less than £3m and told us he would be in the top 3 prem scorers by the end of the season, you would have been thicker than a dingle to turn it down ' this is probably puts a lid on it especially to myself who has also been critical of him.

Maybe as MB states some of us may just be setting ridiculously high standards - but as I said before and in agreement with HASTA he can't be above criticism for disappearing in games, much the same as anybody else regardless of who they are or what they have done.

Fair play to Benni for his goals and I for one hope he does bag the necessary to finsh top scorer on Sunday.

Totally agree krislu. Benni is one of our players this season who can simply say that he has done his job and done it well. If you want to look for scapegoats and reasons for why we aren't higher up the league then look elsewhere.

He's scored two fewer league goals than Dogbrush, and cost about a tenth of the price. Bargain.

Who scored only 16 goals in his first season in England in all competitions. 23 goals in all competitions in his first season is a fantastic achievement. Well done Benni!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.