BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I'm on about this season,Eddie.

So,if Benni goes another 2 months without scoring,then it's ok,because he had a good season previous to this campaign.

How many goals this season ,Eddie.

No, but if you look at him overall it is still good. He hasn't been great this season, but he hasn't had many games. If in 5-10 games the poor form is still there then it is a problem. Every player, no matter how good, will have bad patches. So far he's had 5-10 badish games, some better in there and some quite poor, but it's unfair to then simply dismiss what he achieved last season.

No, but if you look at him overall it is still good. He hasn't been great this season, but he hasn't had many games. If in 5-10 games the poor form is still there then it is a problem. Every player, no matter how good, will have bad patches. So far he's had 5-10 badish games, some better in there and some quite poor, but it's unfair to then simply dismiss what he achieved last season.

I agree,Eddie.He's a player of proven ability.So,let's hope he shows us what he can do,and become the Benni of old.All I'm saying is it will take more than one match to convince me that he's dropped the attitude.I've seen to many players who in past who have used Rovers as a stepping stone to bigger things.Whatever the problem was,let's just hope it's been sorted,and at least for this season he can show us what he's made of.That goes for Pedersen as well,because in his case it's a lack of confidence problem.

If they want Champions League football,then now's the time to get it together.Sixth in league,and one of the best starts to a season in a long time.I'm sad we're out of U.E.F.A Cup,but it may be a blessing in disguise.

I agree,Eddie.He's a player of proven ability.So,let's hope he shows us what he can do,and become the Benni of old.All I'm saying is it will take more than one match to convince me that he's dropped the attitude.I've seen to many players who in past who have used Rovers as a stepping stone to bigger things.Whatever the problem was,let's just hope it's been sorted,and at least for this season he can show us what he's made of.That goes for Pedersen as well,because in his case it's a lack of confidence problem.

If they want Champions League football,then now's the time to get it together.Sixth in league,and one of the best starts to a season in a long time.I'm sad we're out of U.E.F.A Cup,but it may be a blessing in disguise.

I agree and hopefully we will see more goals from mr mcarthey as our quest for european football and domestic cups progresses. As we venture further into the season hopefully gamst will pick up and produce the kind of performances that we have all seen berfore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It struck me at the time that Hughes acted and dropped Benni after Mourinho had left Chelsea.

Whatever the causes or background, Benni is playing superbly at the top of his very considerable ability now and it is a priviledge for us Rovers fans to see such a strike master at work in the blue and white halves.

The most impressive aspect of McCarthy's game is his goals to shots ratio, he just doesn't miss the target! When I think back over his time with the Rovers, I genuinely struggle to picture him missing any chances.

This is worth remembering when he is going through one of his "lazy" periods when he doesn't look interested - he is worth having on the pitch just for that one opportunity that may fall his way.

Fair play to Benni at least he is being honest and not hiding behind any smokescreens. Benni thought he was off this summer for sure. It appears to me Jose wanted him but roman wouldn't splash the cash. At least Jose is gone for now and I hope he gets a International Mgr job then he can't be back for benni.

There is also an article in Star which is basically the same story. Glad he has knuckled down and realised the grass inst always greener.

I like how there seems to be belief that we can get 4th spot - Samba, McCarthy and Cruz have all mentioned it!

There is also an article in Star which is basically the same story. Glad he has knuckled down and realised the grass inst always greener.

I like how there seems to be belief that we can get 4th spot - Samba, McCarthy and Cruz have all mentioned it!

I've been really hacked off with McCarthy and his attitude this season. Glad he's knuckled down as there's no denying he's a class act.

I dont think this is the end of his moping antics though. Prepare for another bout in the new year.

I dont think this is the end of his moping antics though. Prepare for another bout in the new year.

OK so Benni's got a bit of a weakness for saying the first thing that comes into his head whenever a reporter's mic is in sight. Compared to hookers, booze, toot or ciggies it's hardly the end of the world is it?

OK so Benni's got a bit of a weakness for saying the first thing that comes into his head whenever a reporter's mic is in sight. Compared to hookers, booze, toot or ciggies it's hardly the end of the world is it?

Hey watch it, our all time leading scorer was partial to afew pints and a good smoke

Benni doesn't endear himself to fans by his saying the first thing that pops into his head. Usually what he says shows he considers Rovers as merely an employer. It is of course the truth but fans would rather ignore that and believe otherwise.

If he keeps playing like he has been however he can say whatever he likes.

Id like to think that too. Benni is somthing special and whats more I think there is somthing inside him now that believes that he can achieve big things with our reletively small club. As a fan I love the Rovers, looking at that squad now I dont believe there is one player in there that will not give 100% to the cause.

If thats ever the case Shilto who cares knowing Mark Hughes we would end up with a Younger better version.

saying that I would be kinda sad, As daft as it seems I kinda admire the guys honesty here.

I think anyone who saw the passion with which he celebrated MGP's goal the other night can tell that he doesn't see us just as an employer.

The guy had just scored...of course he was full of joy.

What exactly do you think he sees Rovers as then? A mission? Divine? What would you see your employers as?

If thats ever the case Shilto who cares knowing Mark Hughes we would end up with a Younger better version.

saying that I would be kinda sad, As daft as it seems I kinda admire the guys honesty here.

A younger better version?

Is that before or after he starts printing counterfeit £30m notes?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.