BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Hear hear, Eddie.

There are some players who get an unfair amount of stick (remember, it doesn't help to get on a players back when he's off form), while others can do no wrong. It would be interesting to see what Roberts could do in this side, given a 10 match run. Or even a whole season. I'm willing to bet that he wouldn't score every other game. Sell the troublemaker, let the (arguably) biggest star at the club rediscover his form along with a few others, and we'll be back on track soon enough. Clearly that's why Hughes persists in starting Benni - so he can find his feet again.

I'm not in support of selling off the clubs most gifted players when it is so hard to find replacements.

It is worth remembering Benni has scored 8 so far this season- hardly abysmal.

That disallowed "goal" at the start of the Villa game is causing all kinds of pain now. Ditto the wrong call of Benni offside when clean through at the start of extra time on Tuesday.

He will come good, of that I am certain.

I Agree Philipl, we KNOW he can do it, he is very frustrating for all the reasons already stated in this thread, but something will click shortly and he'll be off and running again, he IS a CLASS player, anyone who says otherwise is completely bonkers, his pedigree and last season prove it!

Anyway, hope he stays, plays and starts to score again, I must admit, there are not that many better sites at a rovers match than Benni on the edge of the box at the Blackburn end with defenders in his wake.

Come on Benni, take a gamble!

A comment left on Sky's Paper Gossip section...

Matt Lopez (Blackburn Rovers fan) says...

There is a strong rumour going round Blackburn that Benni McCarthy is off to Chelsea in january with Andriy Shevchenko coming 2 Rovers on loan until the end of the season

Posted 23:40 19th December 2007

Bl00dy well hope not!!!

Yeah and Hughes should go too. In fact Reid has been nothing but rubbish in every start he's had in the last 16 months - he can go too.

Form is temporary, class is permament.

Unfortunately in MGP's case his form is pemanently crap.

I think that the possibility of quiting from PL or even close the club should be considered after our recent run of bad results. :rolleyes:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...rs_strikers.php

Even Kevin Gallacher believes that Benni's body language and attitude isn't right at Rovers, and he too points to the penalty miss as a man who is "at ill with the world". It's even blatantly obvious from Hughes' comments that he's losing patience with the man - remember it was only a month or so ago that Hughes had to have stern words about his form and professionalism and now it looks like he needs to do this all over again. Of course he's a proven striker, but if there's any possible chance that Hughes has a ready made replacement lined up then get rid of him like a shot.

Finally, for all those saying that Roberts has a poor attitude and that he shouldn't have handed a transfer request in, how would you have felt if you put in two excellent performances against Fulham and Newcastle only to find yourself being kept out by a guy in McCarthy, who was not only having one shocker after the other but also seemed to have poor attitude (I know he came off against Fulham). Fair enough he would have been out of order if he'd been benched because a guy was playing out of his skin, but when somebody's not putting an honest shift in it's time to give players like Roberts a chance.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

• 2 weeks later...

why did he duck out the way on the six yard line when the goalie booted it up the pitch today ,if he stood his ground and let it him it would have gone in the goal,probly dissallowed but hell take a chance its no difference than him never being onside .

The number of times McCarthy is caught offside is ludicrous. Why doesn't he look across the back line before he makes his runs ?

Watching him at Derby today he's also evidently a supremely selfish player. As a sharp hardworking forward myself in my pomp I would have hated playing with him.

Hello Homeboys who knows me,Ice Ice baby is back. 

Every striker goes through bad patches through their career.Ronaldo,Totti,Vieri,Raul,Del Peiro…all of them have gone through bad times in front of goal.

The problem with Rovers fans is that sometimes the expectations are way too high.We certainly punch above our weight,but there is no doubt that we have a very good team.We as a team have been hitting a brick wall in recent games,and to be quite honest its not just Benni that’s been struggling.

Our defence have gone from being solid to being somewhat of a joke.Our midfield apart from Bents is shocking.Dunn,Mokoena and Gamst should be shot.Surely there must be somebody that Hughes could look at in January in terms of our midfield.Lance Davids,for God sake..he is @#/?.If you want a midfielder from South Africa,there is a player who plays for Ajax Cape Town called Clifford Ngobeni..he is superbly talented..can be either an attacking midfielder or defensive midfielder..he is comfortable with either one.

Cannot remember where I saw it but that's not the first time I've heard mention of Ngobeni- the beni bit stuck in my mind for some reason....

Suprememly talented player is Clifford Ngobeni.But please lets stay away from Lance Davids,i think he is not that good a player for us here in South Africa.How he is ahead of Clifford Ngobeni is beyond me. :angry2:

Benni will come right,he just needs to get a goal and get his confidence up again.I think Roque's superb form,will only be good for benni..He will think that he needs to start performing or he will be warming the bench again,so he will put much more hard work in.

The number of times McCarthy is caught offside is ludicrous. Why doesn't he look across the back line before he makes his runs ?

Watching him at Derby today he's also evidently a supremely selfish player. As a sharp hardworking forward myself in my pomp I would have hated playing with him.

completely agree mate. i end up screaming at the tv, whenever benni gets flagged for offside, because most of the time, it is not by a couple of inches etc etc but more so a few yards, which from any player that is looking straight down the line, is unforgivable. and i also wish taht he would just quit with all the drag backs that he tries and flicks and genreally the fancy @#/?, because he aint inform and we would rather he work harder to get his form back than trying all that crap.

Jim, He's also very quick to criticise his team mates. I play up top with a guy who's like that in our sunday league team. He's the best player on this pitch (24 goals in 6 games) but he's horrible to play alongside. We can have players unmarked clean through and he'll still try to take on 5 players and score himself, very annoying. He also has a go at team mates if they dont pass to him all the time, very similar to the sort of strops I've seen from Benni, He did it to Gamst a few times on Sunday, Gamst is obviously very very low on confidence at the moment and I'm guessing Benni having a go at him wont help.

Benni is also very quick to praise. If he thinks you did the right thing he'll acknowledge it, even if the execution was poor. He's having a go at the rest of the team because he's frustrated, probably with both his own play and that of the team as a whole.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.