BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Hmm. I don't know what we can do about Benni. He appears to have given up the ghost. Unless someone desperate comes in it is hard to see how we can move Benni and get in enough for someone like Ollic or Pinto (both quoted at circa 5m). I think there is a real chance given his shape and his attitude that he will just mug it out on the bench until we sell him for a massively reduced fee to someone or other in January.

The only way I can see him recovering as a force for us up front is if Cruz is unavailable, and therfore McCarthy gets a shot with Roberts. Those two can work together imo.

That said he will get a crack against Grimsby.... I am sure Cruz will be rested so maybe Benni can show us he still has something.

he doesnt deserve "a crack" when a so called athelete can get so out of shape its a poor do.He wants away and thus desrves not to play ,plain and simple.It was booes and chorus of matty matty derbyshire all round where i sit on saturday.He doesnt give to ###### about blackburn rovers.If he doesnt get sold i wouldnt have him anywhere near the 1 st team until he loses 2-3 stone,its embarassing to see a pro football player who arse nearly touches the ground and cant jump.

Paul sorry for being a bit curt with your previous post.

I was utterly frustrated with the media

Not a problem I was a bit frustrated at only being able to buy a two day old international Guardian!!

Edited by Paul

:rover: with benni missing last night surely he is being sold before monday :unsure::brfc:

Certainly was interesting not even to see him on the bench, could well be a deal in the pipeline, especially as Villanueva played well and it looks like he will be playing as a forward for us rather than a midfielder. Derbyshire also scored a couple so McCarthy could be even further down the pecking order, rightfully so.

Certainly was interesting not even to see him on the bench, could well be a deal in the pipeline, especially as Villanueva played well and it looks like he will be playing as a forward for us rather than a midfielder. Derbyshire also scored a couple so McCarthy could be even further down the pecking order, rightfully so.

Plus we still have the South American on trial until the end of the week

Ince said in an interview before the game that Benni was struggling a bit with an injury, doesn't sound serious but still wasn't considered.

To be fair Ince was unlikely to come out and say "Benni's struggling for form, fitness and to lose the excess weight he's piled on so we're hoping Sunderland come in with a ridiculous bid to shift the lardarse out of here".

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see he is overweight and not match fit.

He's our player now for the forseeable future so hopefully he can pull his finger out and get his act together to try and get back to the player he once was and possibly still can be.

I see Derbs has had to pull out of the Under 21's with a groin strain, though they are hopeful that he will be fit in time for the Arsenal game.

You would assume Benni Mac may have to play against Arsenal if Roque and Derbs don't recover in time.

Or maybe Ince would go with Roberts with Carlos playing just off him?

Not exactly the best source, but if true i think it deserves mentioning:

South Africa's leading goal scorer is not happy with being sidelined as he told the Sowetan newspaper on Thursday.

"We have played three games and I featured in only two as a substitute. It does not look like I will play much this season," he is quoted by the South African daily.

and

It seems though his tribulations with coaches is beginning again.

"My problems at the club started when Paul Ince walked in," the former Ajax Amsterdam player said.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the English Premiership club said on Tuesday he was not match-fit and over-weight "and that is basically why he has not been in the Premiership line-ups this season".

McCarthy hit back at the report saying: "There is no such thing as being overweight, people must just come and watch me play against Nigeria on Saturday if I'm selected to play."

Source: http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&am...81751559C367927

Fed up with these self-important footballers. If I gave up football it would be a glorious thing to never be aware of these jumped up scrotes again. It's so infuriating.

If he's not whinging about South Africa picking players on reputation, he's whinging about not being selected for Rovers, or for not being allowed to leave.

All this whinging whilst he allows himself to get out of shape, flunks international duty, gets himself excluded from international squads, allows the interest from another club to destroy his game......aaaaaarrrghh!

I think it's best for my health not to think about McSulk and his £30k per week sulkathon.

Edited by rover6

Fed up with these self-important footballers. If I gave up football it would be a glorious thing to never be aware of these jumped up scrotes again. It's so infuriating.

If he's not whinging about South Africa picking players on reputation, he's whinging about not being selected for Rovers, or for not being allowed to leave.

All this whinging whilst he allows himself to get out of shape, flunks international duty, gets himself excluded from international squads, allows the interest from another club to destroy his game......aaaaaarrrghh!

I think it's best for my health not to think about McSulk and his £30k per week sulkathon.

the last 12 months all McCarthy seems to have done is sulk , pick his good wages up and get fat - wish he'd get a bit more hungry like his 1st season at Rovers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.