BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Well you have to now assume that the I want out statement from the stoke game is drivel of the highest order.

Benni just reads the game so well look at his goal against City great anticipation almost as if he knew roberts would get it wrong for himself but right for benni.

Benni has always said he loves playing with Roberts.

I'm well pleased to see Benni knocking them in again and playing with that cheeky smile.

I love Benni's interviews. He is one of the few footballers who is genuinely interesting because you never know what he might say. Most footballers have been programmed to say the right things and all the usual cliches, "it doesnt matter if I score or not as long as the team wins", " I am just thinking of the next match" an so on. Benni manages to come up with the unexpected on a regular basis.

Also delighted that he seems to have got his touch back for some reason. An inform Benni is one of the best strikers in the division and a joy to watch

I love Benni's interviews. He is one of the few footballers who is genuinely interesting because you never know what he might say. Most footballers have been programmed to say the right things and all the usual cliches, "it doesnt matter if I score or not as long as the team wins", " I am just thinking of the next match" an so on. Benni manages to come up with the unexpected on a regular basis.

Also delighted that he seems to have got his touch back for some reason. An inform Benni is one of the best strikers in the division and a joy to watch

There is actually a facebook group on Benni. It's called

Benni McCarthy is the best inteviwee in football!

:lol:

• Backroom

I noticed he seems to be playing with a smile on his face again. Long may it continue, he is genuinely one of the most exciting Rovers players to watch in a long time when on song.

One other thing was apparent agaisnt Man City, there is clearly no lack of team spirit, you could tell just how happy all the lads were for robers when he got his goal.

• 3 weeks later...

From SKYSPORTS.com

"I don't know why the last manager didn't pick me, but I would love to know why.

"Some managers just prefer certain players and if you don't fit in then you don't play, you just get the boot.

"It was difficult, of course. Especially when you get to my age and you are playing for a country that is hosting the World Cup.

"It was hard. Every time I kept going to the national team, [b]where I am a really important figure,[/b] I wasn't playing for my club.

"It was hard but I am glad I have got that out of the way."

Gotta love his choice of words, even though it's true modesty's gone strraight out the window

• 3 weeks later...
There is actually a facebook group on Benni. It's called

Benni McCarthy is the best interviewee in football!

:lol:

Yet another quote from Benni which keeps him as the king of interviews.

"My nerves were beginning to play up but then we got the winner. It was a good free-kick by Carlos and a fantastic looping header by me."

He made me laugh with his description of his celebration, basically he had no idea where to go so just carried on running.

Really nice pics of him on the official board gallery in the dugout and with allardyce. He looks like he's just loving being the King of the Castle again.

Edited by gumboots

Well I think a lot of us owe Benni a tip of the hat, if not apologies exactly, for writing him off - myself included. He has completely turned his form and commitment around and looks like a first rate goal scorer again. He seems properly comitted to the club as well which is a massive bonus.

I have said it once or twice before but in terms of raw talent we probably have the greatest strike force ever assembled in Rovers colours - McCarthy, Cruz, Roberts and Diouf (although it is somewhat negated by the fact by the quality of strikers across the Premiership as a whole is very little short of awesome). The range and style of the four is enormously varied, and three of them are prodigiously technically gifted. Sure we had Shearer and Sutton who were brilliant and of course would start if we had them in their prime today. But when have whe had four quality strikers to choose from??!

The issue is how do we use them all effectively (and get Cruz to find form) - especially considering how threadbare our midfield is, which will limit the supply.

I can see Benni adding seven or eight before the season is out.

Well I think a lot of us owe Benni a tip of the hat, if not apologies exactly, for writing him off - myself included. He has completely turned his form and commitment around and looks like a first rate goal scorer again. He seems properly comitted to the club as well which is a massive bonus.

Hence the old saying.......... Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I have said it once or twice before but in terms of raw talent we probably have the greatest strike force ever assembled in Rovers colours - McCarthy, Cruz, Roberts and Diouf (although it is somewhat negated by the fact by the quality of strikers across the Premiership as a whole is very little short of awesome). The range and style of the four is enormously varied, and three of them are prodigiously technically gifted. Sure we had Shearer and Sutton who were brilliant and of course would start if we had them in their prime today. But when have whe had four quality strikers to choose from??!

The issue is how do we use them all effectively (and get Cruz to find form) - especially considering how threadbare our midfield is, which will limit the supply.

I can see Benni adding seven or eight before the season is out.

That. Is quite true. The greatest strike force ever assembled. And to be fair to Our Sam he seems to have spotted that and spurned any 'benefits' from agents that may have been lurking. Straighter than has been scurrilously implied elsewhere. Had 'arry been 'ere Roque would have Rolled.

How to play them? Diouf will be ever present as will Benni, and Sam will mix the long ball/holding game (Cruz) with the short/up/through game with Benni deeper and then Roberts.

Seriously though. Anyone missing Hughes? Sam is already proving his superior. In sexual terms Hughes was a Dover Ferry. Roll on. Roll off. Yes it does the job but ultimately no excitement Our Sam, meanwhile represents a more integrated transport hub. A Heathrow offering train, tube and plane to your destination. Maybe an Edinburgh Waverley linking countries and cultures against a Victorian backdrop. Or a Cape Canaveral, shooting for the moon.

And unlike Hughes Ferry Services, Sam Canaveral is a whopping big ride with a shuddering climax. And the moon may be Wembley.

In sexual terms Hughes was a Dover Ferry. Roll on. Roll off. Yes it does the job but ultimately no excitement Our Sam, meanwhile represents a more integrated transport hub. A Heathrow offering train, tube and plane to your destination. Maybe an Edinburgh Waverley linking countries and cultures against a Victorian backdrop. Or a Cape Canaveral, shooting for the moon.

And unlike Hughes Ferry Services, Sam Canaveral is a whopping big ride with a shuddering climax. And the moon may be Wembley.

I'll have some of whatever you're on! :lol:

That. Is quite true. The greatest strike force ever assembled. And to be fair to Our Sam he seems to have spotted that and spurned any 'benefits' from agents that may have been lurking. Straighter than has been scurrilously implied elsewhere. Had 'arry been 'ere Roque would have Rolled.

How to play them? Diouf will be ever present as will Benni, and Sam will mix the long ball/holding game (Cruz) with the short/up/through game with Benni deeper and then Roberts.

Seriously though. Anyone missing Hughes? Sam is already proving his superior. In sexual terms Hughes was a Dover Ferry. Roll on. Roll off. Yes it does the job but ultimately no excitement Our Sam, meanwhile represents a more integrated transport hub. A Heathrow offering train, tube and plane to your destination. Maybe an Edinburgh Waverley linking countries and cultures against a Victorian backdrop. Or a Cape Canaveral, shooting for the moon.

Wasn't the greatest strike force ever assembled at Ewood Shearer, Sutton, Gallacher and Newell or is this a joke?

Wasn't the greatest strike force ever assembled at Ewood Shearer, Sutton, Gallacher and Newell or is this a joke?

That was the greatest since the early '60s which probably did have a greatest of all time claim even though individually Shearer undoubtedly takes the personal crown as Rovers greatest ever striker.

Not to diminish our current quartet, they are very high quality and on paper should be capable of matching any other Premier League club's forward line except Man U and Arsenal (assuming Eduardo comes back fully recovered).

I like you almost as much as I like Benni.

Funniest thing I have read all day! :lol::wub:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.