BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

If we had a wide range of other potential goalscoring options available to us then I could understand Allardyce forcing the issue here, but when we have nobody else capable of putting the ball in the net and no option to buy anyone who just might be able to then it does strike me as ridiculous to get rid of the one man we have who can definitely score, given the chances.

McCarthy hasn't exactly shown himself capable of scoring goals since his first season.

Quite simply, he's fat and past it.

But if I was the manager I wouldn't be happy if after 12 months a player still hadn't reached his target weight.

I find that unbelievable and can only occur if the player doesn't give a ######.

Seconded. If he has already been fined twice, what the hell the manager is supposed to do? Keep on fining him? Or arrange personal sessions with the fitness coach? And if the player goes to the press instead of the manager about his unhappiness, get rid.

Right Sam is trying to force Benni out the door but by saying he is overweight and lazy is hardly the way to go about it. All this is doing to dropping people's interest and thus the price.

None of this is good for Rovers.

No, Sam is telling the truth, Benni IS overweight and Benni IS lazy. He's being paid a reported £35,000 a week and he can't even get himself fit. It's just poor professionalism.

What would you have done? *look at the scales* "oh bloody hell Benni you're still a little over weight and it's been almost a year now. But never mind, we still love you...you have a biscuit and get yourself home"

Sam didn't give the interview, Benni did. Sam's not pushing him out, Benni's doing it all by himself.

No, Sam is telling the truth, Benni IS overweight and Benni IS lazy. He's being paid a reported £35,000 a week and he can't even get himself fit. It's just poor professionalism.

What would you have done? *look at the scales* "oh bloody hell Benni you're still a little over weight and it's been almost a year now. But never mind, we still love you...you have a biscuit and get yourself home"

Sam didn't give the interview, Benni did. Sam's not pushing him out, Benni's doing it all by himself.

Sam has been trying to sell Benni since last season. Benni has not been professional since the end of the first season at the club. Benni has been unfit since the beginning of last season, why wait until the week before the Transfer Window to attempt to get him fit?

Whoever is saying what just means that it becomes a very public rift which means any interested party either loses interest or is not prepared to gamble on an unfit sulk meaning that they'll only take him on loan or at a much reduced fee.

This means Rovers cannot get a replacement for him meaning we then are stuck with the unfit sulking player until summer.

It would have been better for ALL parties if this had been dealt with better.

Sam has been trying to sell Benni since last season. Benni has not been professional since the end of the first season at the club. Benni has been unfit since the beginning of last season, why wait until the week before the Transfer Window to attempt to get him fit?

Whoever is saying what just means that it becomes a very public rift which means any interested party either loses interest or is not prepared to gamble on an unfit sulk meaning that they'll only take him on loan or at a much reduced fee.

This means Rovers cannot get a replacement for him meaning we then are stuck with the unfit sulking player until summer.

It would have been better for ALL parties if this had been dealt with better.

I'm guessing Sam has been trying to get him fit for a while now, hense not starting him and publicly stating last year that Benni was not up to the job because of his fitness.

I admit I've had issues with hitting the weight targets the manager has set and that's my fault, but I put 100 per cent in on the pitch and always try my hardest. It seems I'm being punished more than others.'

McCarthy has been fined twice this season for failing to hit weight targets and he acknowledges Allardyce wants him to get fitter

- taken from the Mail article Edited by super_arran

I'm not saying Sam is wrong in his assessment on Benni's fitness.

Benni's professional is at best questionable.

All I'm saying is that Sam has had over twelve months to get him fit but waits until we've just played two games in three days and one week before the Transfer Deadline to give individual training. Why not do this say two months ago or is it an attempt to get a saleable asset to hand in a Transfer Request?

Anyway does Benni's interview translate into a Transfer Request?

Whichever your view it is now time to move on and gives him what he wants.......so long as he takes that dead weight who played alongside him on monday with him.

I'm not saying Sam is wrong in his assessment on Benni's fitness.

Benni's professional is at best questionable.

All I'm saying is that Sam has had over twelve months to get him fit but waits until we've just played two games in three days and one week before the Transfer Deadline to give individual training. Why not do this say two months ago or is it an attempt to get a saleable asset to hand in a Transfer Request?

Anyway does Benni's interview translate into a Transfer Request?

Whichever your view it is now time to move on and gives him what he wants.......so long as he takes that dead weight who played alongside him on monday with him.

He might have, you never know.

The case might be that Benni has had enough of this happening and feels like he's being picked on, so has thrown his toys out of the pram.

Just a possibility.

Edited by super_arran

Yet again we see what a self-centred prat Benni can be. Under Hughes and Ince he was dropped for attitude issues and weight problems. At Porto he was frozen out. This guy has a history of hissy fits and laziness.

For a professional footballer to be continually, year after year, short of the required fitness is a disgrace. In the article Benni shoots himself in the foot by admitting he has kept missing targets. So he complains when he is brought in for extra training to get up to the fitness level he himself should have made sure he is at?

Then after a return of ONE whole league goal...he goes crying to the papers, trying to make his manager look bad in an attempt to engineer a move? Completely unprofessional and shows a huge lack of respect to Blackburn Rovers and the fans who cheer him on. Benni loves the fans so much that he wants out and will go to the press to engineer it.

There is only person forcing a move for Benni. That is Benni.

From the article it is obvious that Sam has been trying to get Benni into a fitter condition for a long time which has resulted in fines. Yet we are supposed to have sympathy with Benni when he continually, year after year, sells the club short over his fitness?

Not good enough from Benni.

• Like 3

This is what Sam has said to the press about Benni-

Q: Players such as Benni McCarthy will need a good season at the World Cut is looming in his home country, isn't it?

A: He is a very talented link player for us. He needs to feature for South Africa in the World Cup because, one, it is his last chance, and, two, it's in his own country. It would be ludicrous to think he didn't want to play for them but I'm not interested in that. He might be but I'm not.

I'm more interested in him playing for us like he did yesterday and scoring more goals because he is our highly-talented player who has not scored as many as we would like. Many others on the front line are guilty of the same.

Most of our players on the front line are way down on the goalscoring chart in terms of what we expected them to get this year. That is why we are drawing too many games and not winning them. I just think it is not bouncing for us or going the right way for us.

Q: So are you looking for more from him in the second half of the season?

A: Do the job we know he can do, score goals for Blackburn Rovers, he’ll go to the World Cup in his own country, which will be a great experience, then he can come back next season and do it all over again.

The ball’s in his court. When he gets an opportunity to play, he must play like Benni McCarthy can, not how Benni McCarthy sometimes plays. At times he’s not quite shown the ability he has in every game he plays. You have to play your best every time you get picked in this league.

This club has not had a player of his ability for a long time. What we want to see is that ability used on a regular basis. That’s all that’s keeping him out of the side. He’s too long in the tooth for me to change him, he has to change himself.

I can give him the tools to be better in every department, but it’s whether he wants to make himself better. If we get there, we can all go forward together.

Look at that...he wants a response from Benni and for him to fulfill his potential. So how does Benni respond? By being a cry-baby...boo hoo...the manager is picking on me all the time just because I am too fat and can't be bothered training more as I'm only on about 50 grand a week.

Who else in the squad has weight problems? Dunn in the past but look at his response this season!

Why can't Benni do that instead of running to the press and taking the p1ss out of our supportere by continuingly being outside his physical best?

"This club has not had a player of his ability for a long time"...yeah Benni...the manager really doesn't rate you.

Shut up whining and do your talking on the pitch eh? Oh and get fit too lazybones...

Edited by FourLaneBlue
  • Like 5

All I'm saying is that Sam has had over twelve months to get him fit but waits until we've just played two games in three days and one week before the Transfer Deadline to give individual training.

Sam can't get anyone fit. Only Benni can get Benni fit. Rovers provide the facilities to allow the players to do that.

Whatever you think of Allardyce, a players fitness is down to the player, not him.

It's not an appealing prospect is it?

Even if you think Beattie might be able to provide a short term fix.

:(

Now your talking Rev :)

Reading between the lines what you said to o2g, about John Williams fans forum comments regarding selling players to bridge the wage bill.

I ask, is Benni being sold just to bridge the wage bill gap?

Edited by JAL

What a cry baby, "boo hoo I have to do some extra fitness training cos I'm overweight". Its hardly disgraceful behaviour from Rovers is it.

The only disgrace is one Benni McCarthy who thinks its okay to put in half assed effort for his 2million a year in wages, then whinge when his employers ask him to get fit so he can play 90mins to shoot us up the league. A re-occuring theme over the last few seasons under Hughes, Ince and now Sam.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out lad

McCarthy is just emphasising how far detached from relaity some footballers actually are.

You fat lazy truck, get the pounds off like you have been asked, get fit and everything else will fall into place.

Dont want to rock the boat yet you moan to the press.

Your not good enough right now to even be a sub for SA at the World Cup so the ONUS is most definately on you to perform to the best of your ability. You take your wage fromt he club without whingeing now take the flak and get on with it. And whilst your at it, kick the shyte out of Andrews will you.

• Like 1

You only have to watch Benni in a pre-match warm up to see what a lazy arse he is.

All of the other players go through the drills with dedication and professionalism, but Benni thinks it's clever and funny to just swan about and try to watch whatever game is being shown on the big screen. It's no wonder he hasn't hit his weight targets and this kind of attitude is dangerous for the rest of the squad because other players get sucked into his antics. On Saturday, I saw Chimbonda dicking about as well.

I think he's one of the growing number of players we have that are more interested in picking up their overly-inflated pay cheques, rather than putting in a decent shift.

I think Benni's time is now up.

• Like 1

Ludicrous and I am not one bit angry with Benni.

He is being treated unfairly if he's asked to report to training on his own.

Thats the nail in the coffin. He's gone.

Quite right. Why would you be one bit angry with Benni? Apart from continually turning up, year after year, overweight. Were you similarly "not one bit angry with Benni" when he was speaking to the press about his desire to move to Chelsea before having a good half-year long sulk when it didn't happen?

This year he has failed to make the weight targetting agreements made with Sam. Those are his words in the article and not those of anybody else. Then he goes to the press to complain about unfair treatment when the treatment, as we can see from HIS words, is utterly fair.

Good that you are "not one bit angry with Benni" however I think all fair minded fans will think that, as this has happened year after year, then it is HE who has the problem and needs to sort himself out.

Edited by FourLaneBlue
  • Like 6

Perhaps Benni needs to go in order to get the critical acclaim from the fans that he richly deserves. A similar situation to his fellow countryman down on the south coast.

chrisF

#1 04 Dec 2009 23:34

Buckie Thistle in for Mokoena ...

Hall of Fame

...Am I joking though?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PompeyRback

#2 05 Dec 2009 09:46 Complain | Prev | Next |

Signed: May 2003 re: Buckie Thistle in for Mokoena ...

Hall of Fame

'chrisF' wrote at 23:34 on 04 Dec:

...Am I joking though?

It's true - they need a bus-driver!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.