BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Be a pity if he does not start with or use Bennie tonight. As this could be his last game for Rovers and hopefully he'll want to play ablinder - he may also wish to make up WHU's minds up for them, and get them to cough up the money being asked.

eitherr that and a deal is already in place and does not wanna get him injured....<_<

I think he's on his way. He blatantly played like he was making sure he didn't get injured tonight. Given the performance of the team as a whole, I think we should get whatever we can for Mccarthy, Roberts and Pedersen and make the savings from the wage bill. We have young replacements who could benefit from the experience and make us stronger for next season.

Edited by Walls

I think he's on his way but I'd rather he wasn't.

Now he can go, Kalinic showed tonight if he is given a decent run in the side he will score goals. But who to partner him is the question. I still want to see if Di Santo and Kalinic can play together - before I write off Di santo.

Guest Kamy100

Lancashire Telegraph report that they believe that West Ham are interestedm with a bid of £1.2 million being made, however the Telgraph understands that Rovers want at least double that before we will even consider selling him.

unintesested tonight. Never challanged for the ball. Slow, fat. Kalinic and Di Santo up front please

I don't think Di Santo is the answer either. Luckily Kalinic is finding his form and settling in. We'd be in trouble if we had to depend on Benni.

Get West Ham up to at least the £2m mark then let him go providing we can bring in a replacement. We are not going to get a player with the same experience or potential creativity but we may get someone who's fit and willing to put in a shift.

Lancashire Telegraph report that they believe that West Ham are interestedm with a bid of £1.2 million being made, however the Telgraph understands that Rovers want at least double that before we will even consider selling him.

£3m is the price I believe.

As for striker partners - Id like to see Hoilett given a chance alongside Kalinic, his pace means it only requires one good ball to him and we are in with a great chance of scoring.

As for striker partners - Id like to see Hoilett given a chance alongside Kalinic, his pace means it only requires one good ball to him and we are in with a great chance of scoring.

Hmm, problem I have with Hoilett is that he does not seem to have much of a shot on him, or a cross. If I was Sam I would be looking to start Kalinic and McCarthy regularly together. THey compliment each other well.

Hoilett should be reserved as an impact sub on the wings I think.

Classic McCarthy last night.

Good ball from defence played up to him but because he never looks along the back line he was caught offside.

He's scored some good goals for Rovers but my main memory after he's left will always be him being offside time and time again.

He's also a lazy so-and-so. Rooney showed the previous night the sort of shift a top-class striker has to put in.

Well if he has, expect leeds to start a lawsuit, is he not allowed to sign until the end of aprilish?

He doesn't have the technique to be a premiership striker at present. Just watch him play he's fantastic with the ball at his feet, but his distribution is not the best and he doesn't strike a ball cleanly. Maybe he could move there as he matures but for now he's better where he is as he gets a bit more time and space than in the middle. He needs to develop more before we consider him there, its far from uncommon for this tactic to be taken, just ask Henry. Hoillet needs to be patient if he sees himself as a striker.

Hoillet needs to be patient if he sees himself as a striker.

Thats what he see's himself as! Hence the lack of signature on a new contract....

Benni bid now £2m from West Ham

SSN - Now they have cemented their interest with a bid of £2million, but Rovers are believed to be looking for more than £3million.

Edited by Hughesy

Now that Kalinic is finding his feet up top Benny is the perfect partner in the supporting role. Di santo isn't, Roberts isn't and Beattie isn't. They are all centre forwards with not a hint of creativity about them, in fact there's more support in a pair of tights than in that lot put together.

Lazy / frustrating / overweight yep but the other side of the coin is that Benny will always make chances for others and is lethal if he gets them for himself. With Dunne knackered there is no proven replacement for that role.

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 2

Now that Kalinic is finding his feet up top Benny is the perfect partner in the supporting role. Di santo isn't, Roberts isn't and Beattie isn't. They are all centre forwards with not a hint of creativity about them, in fact there's more support in a pair of tights than in that lot put together.

Lazy / frustrating / overweight yep but the other side of the coin is that Benny will always make chances for others and is lethal if he gets them for himself. With Dunne knackered there is no proven replacement for that role.

Why do you insist on spelling Dunn with an 'e'?

I think Beattie deserves a bit more credit than that. He's not Kaka or anything but he does get involved in games, puts himself about a bit and is great at set pieces - I mean he's the perfect signing with the system we play and i'm not being sarcastic. Besides which, it's always good to see a true Rover fighting for the cause.

As good a player as Benni has been in his career and as good a player he was for us initially, he's put on way too much weight over the last year and a half or so and the the number of times he's offside drives me crazy. Also, his hearts not in it so i'd sell him for however much it cost to get Beattie.

Edited by my_name_is_Earl

If we get a bid of £2.5m, then we should SELL. He's washed up, his best is long gone and his heart certainly isn't in it, not at Rovers anyway. Sam doesn't fancy him and he rarely starts.

Get rid and use the money to bring Di Santo in on a permanent basis. Or use it to bring in an attack minded / creative / passing midfielder. It really is a no brainer to me.

How can you call someone a true Rover with seven appearances for the club, OK he came through the academy and was probably sold against his will.

He's never been quoted or even suggested he would want to return to us as far as I know.

Edited by 67splitscreen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.