BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Laughable comments from Fat Sam. Is there seriously anyone on this board who would doubt even for a moment just how fast he would leave us in a ditch at the first opportunity? I really would love to see how he feels about "loyalty" when West Ham or Sunderland open their doors to him.

Laughable comments from Fat Sam. Is there seriously anyone on this board who would doubt even for a moment just how fast he would leave us in a ditch at the first opportunity? I really would love to see how he feels about "loyalty" when West Ham or Sunderland open their doors to him.

I would say Sam's general comments about selfish players will be shared by 99% of football fans.

Did he not reject them to come to us? I may be wrong, but I thought that was the case.

And from that article, he implies we haven't even contacted the relevant clubs to begin negotiations for EITHER Basturk, Beattie or Gudjohnsen! However, we already know how bad he is at choosing his words in the media.....

Let's just hope he gets some experience in. I'd prefer experience atmo, as we have plenty of youth with potential at the club:

Kalinic

NZonzi

Olsson

Jones

Banton

Gunning

Haworth

Judge

Doran

DiSanto (loan)

Maybe Linganzi too.

• Backroom

At least if a fee is agreed things will get moving for us in this window, the down side is the thing moving this way will probably be Beattie for more than we sell Benni for

Not bothered about fitness levels and whether what's been said is true or not (most of it comes from the agent rememeber!). I've supported Benni in the past but his form has been patchy at best over the last 2 years+ and to get 2-2.5 mill for a past it 32 year old with our ageing squad is decent business.

Sam will still send us down if we play pro zone hoof ball for the rest of the season with or without McCarthy.

Get Kalinic in, get the ball on the deck and we'll be OK.

Have we got two Pedersens? Because the one I and most people have been watching has been plain not nearly good enough for most of the last two seasons, and for most of the games he's played this season hasn't even put much effort in either.

In the first leg of the Villa tie, he wimped out of every tackle and header, and it was without doubt one of the most uncommitted performances I've ever seen from a Rovers player. Whilst I didn't boo him off, I can totally understand why others did. The second leg was much the same, except he was in a position where he didn't need to tackle as much so it didn't negatively impact the team as much as usual. And I wouuldn't really call the goal he scored against City important when we got dicked 4-1!

I agree about Benni though - one excellent season, and since then he's largely let himself and Rovers down apart from the odd goal.

The Benni from his first season would be a big miss - the current one isn't and West Ham are welcome to him.

Although we all know he's bound to score against us right?

I don't think pedersen could do anything right in your eyes so I'm not gona try and convince you otherwise.

My post was about comparing players and the crowd reaction to them.

Pedersen: a player who gives his all, he might not be the best tackler or the strongest player but he seems committed to the cause and rarely looks like he can't be arsed. yet; he gets booed for not playing well.

McCarthy: a player who has been unfit for 2 - 3 seasons, rarely tries his hardest, shows no respect to his team mates or fans. Yet he gets cheered for it and people seem to gloss

over the fact that he's failed to play well and get fit with "he's earned respect for that one season when he played well"

hense; fickle @#/?s

Edited by super_arran
  • Like 4

At least if a fee is agreed things will get moving for us in this window, the down side is the thing moving this way will probably be Beattie for more than we sell Benni for

Finally he is on his way. However,he was the most prolific striker that we had on our books. Lazy yes the question is who can we get to replace him.

Beattie is an average footballer who has not set the world alight. Eider again not a goal scoring forward we need somebody who can come in and

score a few.

Some good news breaking on Sky Dunn has signed an extension until 2012.

Edited by ewoodpo

Finally he is on his way. However,he was the most prolific striker that we had on our books. Lazy yes the question is who can we get to replace him.

Beattie is an average footballer who has not set the world alight. Eider again not a goal scoring forward we need somebody who can come in and

score a few.

Some good news breaking on Sky Dunn has signed an extension until 2012.

Mc Carthy has scored 1 league goal all season ...........Lazy ,not interested should have gone 2 years ago ...Good riddance!!!!

Edited by Waggy76

Can't help thinking this wouldn't happen with Hughes in charge.

Don't bet on that. Even Hughes couldn't handle the player power at City could he? In fact it cost him his job.

Thankless task managing these prima donna's and their agents nowadays. I'd wager even the great managers of the past like Shankly and Clough would crash and burn in the job now. They put the team over any individual and that simply cannot work nowadays.

Mc Carthy has scored 1 league goal all season ...........Lazy ,not interested should have gone 2 years ago ...Good riddance!!!!

Lazy and not interested are two fair comments that you can label him with. Mc Carthy is a frustrating player if things are not going his way he does start to sulk.

However the quality is there and if he was playing under another manager than BS he would have been playing a lot more and scoring. The problem that Sam had with him which has been discussed on many occasions he does not fit into Sam's system.

No doubt he will do well at West Ham as they are known to play football which is something that we have forgotten to do since Hughes left.

The deal quoted in one of the papers this morning for Hammers to sign Benni is only at £1.2m.

It looks like the fanny hammers are in a win win situation here.

No doubt the pearly kings are playinmg a canny hand but manipulating the press as well as Benni in order to stiff us over his fee. :angry: Dog eat Dog I guess.

Do you not think he was fully committed during the last home game against Fulham ? For me he was our man of the match and the ONLY inspiration behind the two defenders scoring the goals.

I thought that and was pleasantly suprised ....... Before I decided that some ###### must be at Ewood watching him. :angry:

No doubt the pearly kings are playinmg a canny hand but manipulating the press as well as Benni in order to stiff us over his fee. :angry: Dog eat Dog I guess.

I thought that and was pleasantly suprised ....... Before I decided that some ###### must be at Ewood watching him. :angry:

Bang on I also thought that he was one of our better players against Fulham and he knew that he was being watched. I think most of the players under performed in that game and better finishing from Fulham that game would have been over in the first half.

• Backroom

I'm inclined to agree Jackson I hope Dunn can pick up his early season form but I fear he will never stay fit enough to justify us paying his wages

Gudjohnsen has signed for West Ham too!?

Robbing our players and targets!

West Ham United expect to complete the signing of Eidur Gudjohnsen within the next 24 hours.

The Hammers have agreed terms with the 31-year-old Iceland striker after Monaco cleared him to join Gianfranco Zola's side on a free transfer.

He will arrive along with Benni McCarthy, who is on the verge of finalising a £2.25million move from Blackburn Rovers.

glad he is going, good player yes, but unfit and does not want to play for us so, good bye

Surely, we can only feel good once Rovers bring in a better forward to replace Benni, surely, only then can we rejoice!

• Like 1

I dont see how anybody can blame Sam for Benni going (Believe me I would like to) it was only a matter of time before someone called his bluff.

I will miss his creativity and his confidence in front of goal but since Chelsea wanted him Benni's heart just wasnt there.

I just hope Beattie isnt going to be lined up to replace him as I dont quite see how that would work unless Sam plays 2 up front or are we going to see poor Kalinic warming the bench again. :(

At least there are 2 good things come from this, the FM 2010 fans have got to see a bit of activity in this damn window and I hope it fires Sam up and the players to get a long overdue win daan in the east end.

Edited by beerwins

Surely, we can only feel good once Rovers bring in a better forward to replace Benni, surely then can we rejoice!

Sam said that he will only allow Big Mac to leave if he found a suitable replacement, he found a cracker in Kalinic to replace Santa Cruz and I'm sure he'll have somebody lined up to replace the fat lad.

It's so frustrating to see someone not make the most of their talent.

When some people have to bust their balls just to get by, and this guy abuses his privileges, puts on weight when he's paid to be fit, plays well and puts in an effort when it suits him and for all of this he's paid a king's ransom (and that's before bonuses), then something is very very wrong.

He might have a fortune in the bank, but he's very poor in spirit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.