BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

like making him train alone extra early and blaming him for our poor form

The players have weight goals - he was way below his

He is fat, lazy and not willing to put the extra work in to prove just how good he is.....only 1 person to blame - Benni McCarthy! Dress it up how you want but thats the fact....

He is fat, lazy and not willing to put the extra work in to prove just how good he is.....only 1 person to blame - Benni McCarthy! Dress it up how you want but thats the fact....

I'm sure you're going to give us the details in your next post ... in kilograms and pounds + ounces if you would be so kind.

Then you will be able to describe it as a 'fact'

(BTW I think you meant 'above' not below) withstupid.gif

I'm sure you're going to give us the details in your next post ... in kilograms and pounds + ounces if you would be so kind.

Then you will be able to describe it as a 'fact'

(BTW I think you meant 'above' not below) withstupid.gif

Thanks for spotting that!

12.6 st (80 kg) Try this for Size Tris

As for the weight - If the club tells you he hasnt met his goals, then he hasnt....unless you know different?! Until you can show me that il believe the club........ ;)

Benni's been taking the p!ss out of our great club for far too long and has shown a complete lack of respect for its rich heritage and work ethic.

Going AWOL is the ultimate, selfish insult to his manager, team-mates and all of us fans.

Okay, he sporadically turned the style on when he could be bothered but that's not enough in my book. He could have done much better for us in a match day situation if he'd pulled his finger out in training and met his pre-agreed targets.

I don't blame Sam for clearing a path for his exit and I'm staggered that some people on here think Benni has been hard done by.

We will be a better team without his pour work ethic, we'll be £2m richer and we'll save a considerable amount on his wages.

Getting shut is a no brainer and I can't wait for the deal to be concluded.

Bye bye fat boy.

Philipl is deluded in thinking Sam is responable. McCarthy was told to pull his socks up and put the pies down but couldnt be arsed - he has a big head with nothing inside it other than a self inflated opinion of his own worth and pictures of pies. Basically a stupid, arrogant b'stard. Ive not doubt the London journos will be waxing lyrical over his performances in the coming weeks having a laugh at poor little Rovers' bigshot striker wanting to play at a higher level at West Ham but I'll bet we have the last laugh next season.

Oh and a senior player also told me he was an arrogant twit and that many down there were quite glad to see the back of him.

Edited by Dufflite

I don't blame Sam for clearing a path for his exit and I'm staggered that some people on here think Benni has been hard done by.

Philipl is deluded in thinking Sam is responable. McCarthy was told to pull his socks up and put the pies down but couldnt be arsed

Its just another stick to try and beat the manager with.....its that simple!

Sam waged a war on Benni over the last two months to make sure he left.

Possibly, but only because McCarthy refused to respond to Allardyce's instructions to act profesionally and look after his body properly.

What does any organisation do with an employee with a bad attitude and not pulling their weight (so to speak) ?

They get rid.

No there are two people to blame- Benni AND Sam.

Sam waged a war on Benni over the last two months to make sure he left.

Disingenuous and wrong. Sam continually said that Benni was the most talented player at Rovers and he wanted to keep him. He also said that he needed to meet his targets weight wise and gym wise and never has. Benni has done HIMSELF no favours at Rovers and has manufactured this situation himself, not Sam. Benni did this. Don't blame Sam for Benni's actions.

This may sound really odd but on Wednesday I got a strong feeling that the players themselves were happy that a disruptive influence had gone. They were more relaxed and it showed in the first half. How much of a disruptive influence Benni was remains to be revealed. I suspect a considerable amount.

I have been pretty clear Benni is far from blameless.

I fail to understand the logic. A manager tells a player to sort himself 'and you will be play'. He even puts mutually acceptable goals in place (by McCarthy's own admission) to help. However the manager is ignored as the player thinks he knows best. How the f is that the managers fault?? Astonishing!

We all saw the arrogant git wobbling about with crumbs round his mouth!

This may sound really odd but on Wednesday I got a strong feeling that the players themselves were happy that a disruptive influence had gone. They were more relaxed and it showed in the first half. How much of a disruptive influence Benni was remains to be revealed. I suspect a considerable amount.

I was told by one of them they were glad to see him go and dont want him back because 'hes a cocky twit' and a 'lazy (do not use that word again)er'

kinda gutted he is leaving, one of our best as far as raw talent is concerned albeit an aged talent now, completely let down by his attitude, surprised west ham havent been put off him by his recent behaviour, even so have a feeling he will do well for them

Edited by martmitch

He has been a d!ckhead and I am glad he has gone. Shame as if he settled down I think he could have worked really well with the younger lads like Kalinic, Olsson and Hoilett.

It is also annoying to have had, three years ago, three of the most technically talented players in the league - Benni, Bentley and Tugay. Now we have no real entertainers. I hope that Basturk goes someway to filling that gap.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Robbie Savage has said this on his column in the Mirror:

Benni is a great striker who would score plenty of goals and keep West Ham up. But - how shall I put this - he's a bit laid back sometimes.

In fact, on one famous occasion Mark Hughes showed us the Pro Zone stats after a match and our keeper Brad Friedel had run farther in the game than Benni!

• Like 9

Benni is a great striker who would score plenty of goals and keep West Ham up. But - how shall I put this - he's a bit laid back sometimes.

In fact, on one famous occasion Mark Hughes showed us the Pro Zone stats after a match and our keeper Brad Friedel had run farther in the game than Benni!

Brilliant!! Robbie Savage is a complete legend!

i think the majority agrees upon, that bfs is a really good manager, when it comes the resurrecting careers. So how come, it didnt work out this time..?

to me, the blame solely lies upon big mac. FFS guys, i´ll bet there are lots of guys on this board, who does or have done sports, where a certain weight limit was required, and they were able to do so, as F!cking AMATEUR!!! Here we have a pro, yes a goddamn pro, who cant be bothered.

In this case, i simply cant see,how anyone can throw any blame towards bfs.

Quality Sav....that is really bad though!

Basically saying hes got bags of ability, but he's a lazy ba$tard

Sam Confirms that Benni set to complete West Ham transfer

Interestingly, Sam suggests that the money may not be used to bring in a forward but to strengthen another area of the team!

I can understand why as he favours this lone striker formation with a 5 man midfield. Its risky though as Franco doesn't look like scoring, Roberts is a donkey and the only dangerous striker we have Kalinic. If Niko gets injured then we could be in trouble.

I can understand why as he favours this lone striker formation with a 5 man midfield. Its risky though as Franco doesn't look like scoring, Roberts is a donkey and the only dangerous striker we have Kalinic. If Niko gets injured then we could be in trouble.

It was a strange comment from Sam to say he may not bring in a direct replacement but he must have faith in Roberts or Di Santo to cover if Kalinic gets injured or he could possibly play them together in a 4-4-2 formation.

One line jumped out at me in his quote; "We are searching and doing a little bit of negotiating now." If we are negotiating, we must be close to signing somebody.

Sam Confirms that Benni set to complete West Ham transfer

Interestingly, Sam suggests that the money may not be used to bring in a forward but to strengthen another area of the team!

I do think that quality is more important than the position of the player at the moment. I'd much rather us bring in a quality winger (Ibricic?) than getting a Beattie-type striker just for the sake of numbers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.