BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/7941574/West-Ham-to-fine-Benni-McCarthy-if-striker-does-not-lose-weight.html

To me this just proves what a masterstroke it was getting rid at the time we did, I am just hoping WHU dont take us to court for Robbery

David Sullivan - "It's just don't eat ice cream, don't eat cakes." :lol:

That is funny, but Sullivan really is an interfering old ring-piece. Everything he thinks, he tells a journalist. Tomorrow's Sullivan exclusive - "I feel thirsty. Might have a glass of water."

• Backroom

A fat Benni is still better than Heskey or Beattie or Benjani. Just saying. Evidence: his match for us vs Chelsea in the Carling cup last season.

Or you could say Benjani is better. Evidence: his game against us last season.

Ideally we'd have none of the above but we need someone better

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked my Facebook earlier, and on the "People you might know" in the right column on my homepage guess who's face popped up today?! Benni Mac! :blink:

How did facebook find that reference that I might know him? Don't even have any friends in common (looked at his profile and friends and it looked genuine)

...anyway to keep on topic....his profile picture must be well old as he didn't look that fat -_-

• 3 weeks later...

We had the best of him during his first season with us. He faded very quickly, but very rarely do you see players leaving us and ever having any sort of success elsewhere (be it form or medals).

Yeah, I think Duff is the only one in the 2000s who has gone on to achieve. Maybe Bellamy to a degree at Man City but they have now jettisoned him.

After Tugay McCarthy was, imo, the most naturally talented player to turn out for Rovers in recent years. Breathtaking ball skills, excellent finishing and a good footballing brain. If he had tried he could have been one of the best players in the Premiership - but he never had his head on straight. Such a waste.

• Like 2

We had the best of him during his first season with us. He faded very quickly, but very rarely do you see players leaving us and ever having any sort of success elsewhere (be it form or medals).

Shearer, not medals or trophy wise, but scored loads of goals for Newcastle. Shay Given is another player who has done well.

How about David May & Henning Berg?

Also from that era I think Patrick Andersen did quite well after leaving us...

But your right mate - you do have to go back a few years

How about David May & Henning Berg?

Also from that era I think Patrick Anderson did quite well after leaving us...

But your right mate - you do have to go back a few years

Won a bronze medal in the World Cup, won the Champions League and played for Bayern München and Barcelona. It should however be added that he moved from central midfield to central defense shortly after leaving Rovers, and never played in midfield again. He's now a scout for Manchester United.

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst Shearer scored goals, he didnt bag them like he did with us & also never won another trophy.

Given is probably one of the few who has moved on and done better than he did with his time here.

Benni Fined £80k and has lost 2 stone

Shearers career after Blackburn is tragic, he deserved so much more then Newcastle.

Wish he went to Ac Milan or Real.

amazing player.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It's very sad to see. Such a wonderfully talented footballer when he can be bothered. He should have just come off representing South Africa in a World Cup on home soil and instead he will probably end his career sitting in the reserves and picking up his cheque each week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.