BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Where was all this outcry over Benni when we signed him? We knew full well of his antics, in fact we benefited from them! If he was the model pro, someone would have bought him before we did and paid a lot more.

Benni is clearly a headstrong very proud man who doesn't 'knuckle down' if he feels he is being unfairly treated. Personally I'm not sure that, if I had a Champions League winners medal, I would have stayed silent when constantly being rubbished in the press by a manager who has won f-all in his entire life.

Obviously he will go but I don't see how Allardyce's mouthing off in the press about his fitness, work-rate and so on has helped the process one iota, psychology of the individual and all that.

• Like 3

Benni is clearly a ... very proud man

So proud in fact that he's drawing a mammoth wage whilst allowing himself to get out of shape, and now he's gone on strike so he can get his own way and move clubs.

Yeah, sounds like pride to me.

More like a selfish spanked ar5e.

• Like 1

More to the point, the psychology of the entire dressing room ... the players who can't escape Allardyce in the next 7 days will certainly see this from Benni's side of the fence and will no doubt spend the next 3 months planning their own exits in the summer.

Doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

If Benni were obviously fit and enthusiastic, then there would be no need for Allardyce to talk about it in the press.

On the flip side, if your manager were criticising you so publically, the very least that you would do is get into tip top shape and show a good work ethic on the pitch and while, without necessarily have a beaming smile whilst on the bench, not look as though you don't give a solitary ###### about the club.

Edited by tcj_jones
  • Like 1

So proud in fact that he's drawing a mammoth wage whilst allowing himself to get out of shape, and now he's gone on strike so he can get his own way and move clubs.

Yeah, sounds like pride to me.

More like a selfish spanked ar5e.

Perhaps I should have said, 'Benni probably considers himself to be a very proud man..'

But as I said, where was your outrage when he got his own way and moved to us for a steal?

If Benni were obviously fit and enthusiastic, then there would be no need for Allardyce to talk about it in the press.

On the flip side, if your manager were criticising you so publically, the very least that you would do is get into tip top shape and show a good work ethic on the pitch and while, without necessarily have a beaming smile whilst on the bench, not look as though you don't give a solitary ###### about the club.

But when your manager comes up to you in the summer, and says hes going to sell you.

This for me would not endear me to play or try harder in the least, in fact i'd just be waiting for the first opportunity to get out which Benni has done. There should be some empathy shown towards Benni MaCarthy here rather than just slagging him off.

Edited by JAL

I understand more about football than every member of this silly little forum (bar myself) put together. This is mainly down to my excellent contacts within the game (past and present) sharing their knowlege with me, as well as my excessively high IQ.

To say nothing of your excessively big head!!

On the flip side, if your manager were criticising you so publically, the very least that you would do is get into tip top shape and show a good work ethic on the pitch.

He has done none of these things and even though I would like to hold onto him, his inconsistent form, lack of fitness and being out of shape, has made it very hard for him to play regularly. In saying that, he can't say that he hasn't been getting much football lately, because he has. Yeah there have been some games when he has been on the bench, but I'd say that he has started a lot of our last 10 to 12 games. As others people have stated, ever since he had his big move to Chelsea blocked, he hasn't performed to nearly the same level. It's crucial that if he is sold, that he is replaced, because a strike force of Di Santo, Kalinic and Roberts isn't enough for the remainder of the season.

Benni is clearly a headstrong very proud man who doesn't 'knuckle down' if he feels he is being unfairly treated. Personally I'm not sure that, if I had a Champions League winners medal, I would have stayed silent when constantly being rubbished in the press by a manager who has won f-all in his entire life.

Obviously he will go but I don't see how Allardyce's mouthing off in the press about his fitness, work-rate and so on has helped the process one iota, psychology of the individual and all that.

Alternatively,

Benni is clearly a headstrong very obstinate man who doesn't 'knuckle down' even when he is being unprofessional. Personally I'm sure that, if I had a Champions League winners medal, I would looked at myself when being gently chided in the press by a manager who has always given 100 per cent his entire life.

Obviously he will go and I don't see why Allardyce's criticism in the press about his fitness, work-rate affected the player one iota iota, psychology of the individual and all that.

I understand more about football than every member of this silly little forum (bar myself) put together. This is mainly down to my excellent contacts within the game (past and present) sharing their knowlege with me, as well as my excessively high IQ.

Reel him in chaps :D

Go swimming up river Ranulf and you'll get caught, high IQ or not. :tu:

Thank you for making my day ! :lol:

In Hughes' last season in charge he was picking Roberts ahead of McCarthy nearly every week, and McCarthy looks more out of shape now than he did back then.

I just can't wait for him to go now, hopefully it's far enough away from the deadline to give us time to get someone else in. I hope we're looking at a loan deal for Gudjohnsen or something like that.

I actually don't think Benni has harmed us by doing this, quite the opposite in fact.

If he doesnt want to play for us then he can sit at home doing nothing until the Summer, missing out on the World Cup. In the meantime, we don't pay him, and fine him two weeks wages every time we can. Then we use the wages we aren't paying him to get a loan in. Easy.

The last thing we should do is allow him to go to a relegation rival.

• Like 1

There is only one way for Benni to of proved himself to Sam - that was to get fit, and start banging in the goals for us - he hasnt really done that though has he?!

I want players who play for our club to want to play, to bust a gut to win every ball & never shirk a challenge...not some half hearted attempt and pussying out of challenges! The player has to want to play for our club...Benni (since Chelsea) clearly couldnt give 2 sh!ts!

• Like 1

But when your manager comes up to you in the summer, and says hes going to sell you.

This for me would not endear me to play or try harder in the least, in fact i'd just be waiting for the first opportunity to get out which Benni has done. There should be some empathy shown towards Benni MaCarthy here rather than just slagging him off.

It all comes down to the individual. Some players in Benni's situation would want to get back into shape and prove the manager wrong, others will have done what Benni has done i.e. don't give a ######. Plenty of players have been written off by their manager only to get back into some form and prove them wrong. Hodgson for example wanted to sell Zamora at Fulham and it was made public. What did Zamora do? sulk? did he heck, he has been playing some of the best football of his career and proved to his manager it was wrong to try and sell him.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

More to the point, the psychology of the entire dressing room ... the players who can't escape Allardyce in the next 7 days will certainly see this from Benni's side of the fence and will no doubt spend the next 3 months planning their own exits in the summer.

Doesn't bode well.

Why?

That doesn´t make any sense at all. Benni jumps ship after bring unfit for months and other players "certainly see this from Benni´s side".

Sorry...but I think that is a load of rubbish.

If anything they will consider it good riddance to be rid of a talented player who alas thinks he is bigger than the club. There may be some with other issues but no self-respeting professional would "certainly see this from Benni´s side" and nor would any self-respecting Rovers fan.

The man has gone on strike!

Edited by FourLaneBlue

This really has brought out the people with the Anti-Sam agenda. Anyone with a modicum of sense would understand that Benni has not been the model professional since the Chelsea head turning. We can all see that. I'm sure Sam can with the information he has at his finger tips. One player, like Benni, is not going to be representative of the entire playing staff and his opinon of himself will be completely different from theirs. I'm sure the rest of the playing staff can also see what Benni is like on the pitch and in training which is something we all can not see. They'll have their own opinions and I'll bet they won't be far removed from your average fan.

Edited by CrazyIvan

There should be some empathy shown towards Benni MaCarthy here rather than just slagging him off.

Empathy for knuckling down and shoving it in your manager´s face...yes. Empathy for playing for the fans and proving the doubters wrong...yes.

You want empathy for a very, very well-paid professional footballer who is not in ideal shape and is forcing a move out by going on strike.

I think you can keep your empathy regarding that part JAL.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I haven't been Allardyce's biggest sympathiser recently, but he doesn't carry any blame here. Benni has displayed a complete lack of professionalism, not just for Rovers, but even his own WC hopes as well.

Edited by Topman
  • Like 2

Why?

That doesn´t make any sense at all. Benni jumps ship after bring unfit for months and other players "certainly see this from Benni´s side".

Sorry...but I think that is a load of rubbish.

Think what you want. It appears that a number of senior first team players want away, even if McCarthy has been the most vocal about it (he has more at stake with the World Cup situation). He hasn't been so unfit as to be left out of the squad has he??

A better man manager would have got the maximum out of this talented player, using the World Cup situation positively to the benefit of Blackburn Rovers, rather than allowing a situation to develop where he might join a rival for whatever pittance they now choose to offer - and no doubt bag a hatful of goals for them to prove a point to his ex-manager.

Tugay, then Warnock, now maybe McCarthy, good players who didn't need to be forced out or sold. Rumblings that Dunn, Pedersen and Hoilett don't like what's happening.

There's a real fear for me that Allardyce's legacy will be a squad stripped of entertaining, talented footballers and it will take years to rebuild a Blackburn Rovers team worth paying to watch.

• Like 2

Benni is extremely naive.

This 'no show' for training isn't going to exactly endear him to potential suitors so he could actually do himself out of a move away in the long run. After all, who's going to want to take on a player that is so unprofessional in every way?

No club worth its salt, in my opinion...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.