Sign in to follow this  
adam lodge

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I understand more about football than every member of this silly little forum (bar myself) put together. This is mainly down to my excellent contacts within the game (past and present) sharing their knowlege with me, as well as my excessively high IQ.

OOOOOOOOOooooooooooohhhhh!!!! Get you!?!

If West Ham get Benni, Rovers will go down and dissapear off into oblivion forever.

CONCENTRATE ON YOUR OWN POXY LITTLE CLUB....YOU HAVE NOT EARNED THE RIGHT TO SLAG US OFF.

As much as you would love to, you cant blame Zzzzzzzam for everything!

WHY? the buck stops with him.

I understand more about football than every member of this silly little forum (bar myself) put together. This is mainly down to my excellent contacts within the game (past and present) sharing their knowlege with me, as well as my excessively high IQ.

Randolph, if you understand so much about football, which from your comments I very much doubt and you have an excessively high IQ, please tell me this, why is it you spend so much time on here talking pure drivel when your superior knowledge could be put to better use at your own club, who, despite over acheiving with a championship squad for half a season, need as much help as they can in trying to get the wheels back on!!!

Edited by Kelbo

The Benni story on Sky isn't so dramatic

Have to say that den could be onto something with regards to payback time from the barrow boys over Savage.

That article is hilarious.

"Sky Sports understand" that Benni wants to move to West Ham.

To:

"He has informed us" that he wants to go to them.

Just seen SSN talking about it now, backs up what Rover the Moon said earlier. He told the reporter he didn't attend training on friday, hasn't gone in today and won't be playing for Rovers again. He wants to leave and West Ham is his prefered destination.

What a ######, get him out of here, all you praising him as some kind of messiah must be mad. He doesnt want to play for us!!!

The guy is acting like a complete tool, there are ways and means to get a move, this seems to be the modern day players favoured method.

how do you work this one out ? irrational? benni IS the best proven goal scorer at the club, he has trickery and a bloody good finish.ok hes not the most energetic ,so what,give him the ball he will do something with it....WEVE BEEN CRYING OUT FOR GOALS ALL SEASON AND HE HAS HARDLY PLAYED HIM....AND THEN THE EXPERT HAS PIMPED HIM OUT LIKE A SLAPPER IN A BROTHEL.

Benni is a shadow of the player he once was, he was never the same after Chelsea were showing an interest and the move never happened. He plays a decent game where he looks like he still has it then the following game looks ineffective and offers nothing.

Its time to get rid, he is a big wage earner that clearly doesn't want to be here. Like others have said Hughes dropped Benni often because his heart clearly wasn't in it so i don't see how you can blame Sam for all this. I stuck up for Benni when i heard the news about him having to do extra training (but that was because i thought there were other players who should be doing the same) on reflection i was wrong, he is completely unprofessional.

Keeping him at the club will do more harm than good, he has to go.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

That article is hilarious.

A player that would have "the utmost respect" towards Allardyce and the board wouldn't be calling to the SSN with half a Big Mac in his mouth bragging about not being in the training and refusing to play..

Benny is a prick - always was and always will be. He threw his pies out the pram when he was at Porto. Hes better out that in as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Dufflite

Hes been given time off to his wife. Whats the fuss?

I was going to say...I thought Nicko said he's been in Spain with his wife over the weekend (which we allowed him to do), so no wonder he's not been in training on friday and possibly not today either.

Either way we should get rid...he's not met targets set by Allardyce (fair or otherwise) and has consistently acted like a muppet when other clubs have shown the slightest interest in him.

He's under - performed for the past 2 seasons for one reason or another, and has shown no willing or enthusiasm to suggest to us that he wants to get back to playing like he did in his first season for us...so to be frank, why waste our time, money, and effort on him? He's 30+ so isn't going to suddenly become a superstar again...although undoubtedly he can finish and show 3 or 4 nice tricks surely that doesn't outweigh the fact that apart from that he actually brings nothing most other strikers in the league do?...especially if there's running more than 20 feet involved.

Find a replacement and get rid.

I was going to say...I thought Nicko said he's been in Spain with his wife over the weekend (which we allowed him to do), so no wonder he's not been in training on friday and possibly not today either.

Either way we should get rid...he's not met targets set by Allardyce (fair or otherwise) and has consistently acted like a muppet when other clubs have shown the slightest interest in him.

He's under - performed for the past 2 seasons for one reason or another, and has shown no willing or enthusiasm to suggest to us that he wants to get back to playing like he did in his first season for us...so to be frank, why waste our time, money, and effort on him? He's 30+ so isn't going to suddenly become a superstar again...although undoubtedly he can finish and show 3 or 4 nice tricks surely that doesn't outweigh the fact that apart from that he actually brings nothing most other strikers in the league do?...especially if there's running more than 20 feet involved.

Find a replacement and get rid.

Worrying thing for me is Dunny looks to have been piling on the pounds too!!!!

he was slim and fit early season, no wonder the injuries are back again, he's out of shape!!

Everything at Rovers is going pear shaped, not just Dunn.

And everything at the DingleDome is peachy is it? :D:wstu:

Where was all this outcry over Benni when we signed him? We knew full well of his antics, in fact we benefited from them! If he was the model pro, someone would have bought him before we did and paid a lot more.

Benni is clearly a headstrong very proud man who doesn't 'knuckle down' if he feels he is being unfairly treated. Personally I'm not sure that, if I had a Champions League winners medal, I would have stayed silent when constantly being rubbished in the press by a manager who has won f-all in his entire life.

Obviously he will go but I don't see how Allardyce's mouthing off in the press about his fitness, work-rate and so on has helped the process one iota, psychology of the individual and all that.

Benni is clearly a ... very proud man

So proud in fact that he's drawing a mammoth wage whilst allowing himself to get out of shape, and now he's gone on strike so he can get his own way and move clubs.

Yeah, sounds like pride to me.

More like a selfish spanked ar5e.

More to the point, the psychology of the entire dressing room ... the players who can't escape Allardyce in the next 7 days will certainly see this from Benni's side of the fence and will no doubt spend the next 3 months planning their own exits in the summer.

Doesn't bode well.

If Benni were obviously fit and enthusiastic, then there would be no need for Allardyce to talk about it in the press.

On the flip side, if your manager were criticising you so publically, the very least that you would do is get into tip top shape and show a good work ethic on the pitch and while, without necessarily have a beaming smile whilst on the bench, not look as though you don't give a solitary ###### about the club.

Edited by tcj_jones

So proud in fact that he's drawing a mammoth wage whilst allowing himself to get out of shape, and now he's gone on strike so he can get his own way and move clubs.

Yeah, sounds like pride to me.

More like a selfish spanked ar5e.

Perhaps I should have said, 'Benni probably considers himself to be a very proud man..'

But as I said, where was your outrage when he got his own way and moved to us for a steal?

It clearly cuts both ways, sometimes we benefit from it, sometimes we lose.

Regardless of whether we win or lose by it, it's out-of-order behaviour.

As it stands, it probably evens itself out. Doesn't mean I can't judge him.

If Benni were obviously fit and enthusiastic, then there would be no need for Allardyce to talk about it in the press.

On the flip side, if your manager were criticising you so publically, the very least that you would do is get into tip top shape and show a good work ethic on the pitch and while, without necessarily have a beaming smile whilst on the bench, not look as though you don't give a solitary ###### about the club.

But when your manager comes up to you in the summer, and says hes going to sell you.

This for me would not endear me to play or try harder in the least, in fact i'd just be waiting for the first opportunity to get out which Benni has done. There should be some empathy shown towards Benni MaCarthy here rather than just slagging him off.

Edited by JAL

To say nothing of your excessively big head!!

On the flip side, if your manager were criticising you so publically, the very least that you would do is get into tip top shape and show a good work ethic on the pitch.

He has done none of these things and even though I would like to hold onto him, his inconsistent form, lack of fitness and being out of shape, has made it very hard for him to play regularly. In saying that, he can't say that he hasn't been getting much football lately, because he has. Yeah there have been some games when he has been on the bench, but I'd say that he has started a lot of our last 10 to 12 games. As others people have stated, ever since he had his big move to Chelsea blocked, he hasn't performed to nearly the same level. It's crucial that if he is sold, that he is replaced, because a strike force of Di Santo, Kalinic and Roberts isn't enough for the remainder of the season.

Benni is clearly a headstrong very proud man who doesn't 'knuckle down' if he feels he is being unfairly treated. Personally I'm not sure that, if I had a Champions League winners medal, I would have stayed silent when constantly being rubbished in the press by a manager who has won f-all in his entire life.

Obviously he will go but I don't see how Allardyce's mouthing off in the press about his fitness, work-rate and so on has helped the process one iota, psychology of the individual and all that.

Alternatively,

Benni is clearly a headstrong very obstinate man who doesn't 'knuckle down' even when he is being unprofessional. Personally I'm sure that, if I had a Champions League winners medal, I would looked at myself when being gently chided in the press by a manager who has always given 100 per cent his entire life.

Obviously he will go and I don't see why Allardyce's criticism in the press about his fitness, work-rate affected the player one iota iota, psychology of the individual and all that.

Reel him in chaps :D

Go swimming up river Ranulf and you'll get caught, high IQ or not. :tu:

Thank you for making my day ! :lol:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.