BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Like Tris you are just using this issue as a stick to beat the manager with. pretty much what you do with every post. Benni's conduct is indefensible as is your own.

The issue is, I dont think there was ever any intention to utilise and keep Benni Macarthy so for me we should'nt hammer Beeni for going. When I hear names such as James Beattie I shudder in disbelief at the direction in which the club that I support is heading.

Just trying to put the other side across, as Benni cant put his side across.

This for me is all one way, which is totally unfair and stacked completly against Benni MaCarthy.

JAL - perhaps if Benni could turn up fit and not over weight for training then I might have a bit of sympathy. Admittedly I'm unsure what pittance we're paying him but I'll guess it's over one and a half million pounds a year for not turning up in peak condition to do his job properly.

People talk about unrest in the camp. Good grief - one of the highest paid players at the club (presumably) can't even get himself match fit or turn up for training. What sort of message does that send out? It's a miracle we're going to get any money for him at all if you ask me.

• Like 1

Benni's gone on strike, you've got to love the modern day footballer???

For once I'm lost for words and if I'm being honest its making me laugh. So what do we do? Get rid there's no going back from this.

But it doesn't mean we can't use the situation to our advantage.

Bye Bye Benni, enjoy the bright lights and take-aways with floors of gold, Benni in London, all that temptation.

So we're going to have to do something because realistically we'll only get one player out of this and we desperately need creativity.

So two birds one stone, use the Benni cash to get in a creative midfielder, be it Ibricic or someone else but get one.

We'll still need another front-man and we also need to get Hoillet to sign a deal, 2 + 2 and all that.

PS its still making me laugh, its almost as funny as feigning injury to skip international duty last year. What must go on in that lads head???

JAL - perhaps if Benni could turn up fit and not over weight for training then I might have a bit of sympathy. Admittedly I'm unsure what pittance we're paying him but I'll guess it's over one and a half million pounds a year for not turning up in peak condition to do his job properly.

People talk about unrest in the camp. Good grief - one of the highest paid players at the club (presumably) can't even get himself match fit or turn up for training. What sort of message does that send out? It's a miracle we're going to get any money for him at all if you ask me.

Who says he's not match fit though? He's looked better than the rest of the forwards in the last few games.

Perhaps they need to get fitter and should have been called in with Benni at 7am??

Or - more likely - perhaps they need to play their football with some freedom, and ignore the instructions from the idiot manager.

Which it appears is the crux of the matter here. Benni has had the nerve to be imaginative with the occasional corner or free kick in the attacking third, and use his footballing brain. Such inventiveness has forced him out of the club.

The seeds were probabaly sown in the summer when the manager told him he would sell him with a week to go of the summer transfer window left. Hes probably been waiting all this time until now to leave.

Edited by JAL

The seeds were probabaly sown in the summer when the manager told him he would sell him with a week to go of the summer transfer window left. Hes probably been waiting all this time until now to leave.

Benni had a choice. If he had gotten fit then I dont think Sam would have had any excuses not to play Benni, as it is, we can clearly see that Benni is nowhere near the fitness that he was at when he first arrived.

The fact that neither Hughes/Ince or Allardyce have managed to get Benni into decent shape clearly shows that the guy just doesnt have a great deal of motivation off the pitch.

Regardless of how you view Allardyce, you cannot defend Benni for the way he has behaved over the past week. Its not good enough by anyone's standards. Its petty, childish and selfish, especially when you consider how much we, as supporters have lauded him over the psat 3/4 years. We knew he wanted to leave but to have left in this way is pathetic.

Who is more at fault? Allardyce for demanding Benni to get fit and then not playing him or Benni for not getting fit enough in the first place, and then refusing to train in order to engineer a move away. Im not saying that Allardyce hasnt done anything wrong but Benni is by no means an innocent party here. He is no victim.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 1

Flamin' heck, its just an opinion.

Drama queen.

Tris' little echo.

I've already done the opposite of condoning his current behaviour a few posts up. Please learn to read and understand.

Whatever state he came back in, he's managed to stay in our top 3 goalscorers list this season, despite being last in the managers pecking order of 4 crap strikers + a fat injury prone free running midfielder (who also wants to escape the Allardyce regime).

That speaks volumes for Benni Mac's ability, despite his fitness levels. More worryingly, it speaks volumes about where Allardyce is taking this club. Away from its traditions and values, and away from what supporters want. Benni Mac -> Beattie (or similar) = 19,000 ST holders -> 15,000 ST holders. At any price.

I'm sure you'll be the first to complain when the only forward option off the bench this time next month is some talentless lump with a worse scoring record than Di Santo. We can't afford new talent like McCarthy, so we had to keep the McCarthy we already owned.

Stay in our top 3 goal scorers list this season? He's after Dunn and Nelsen then. What a star!

I've already done the opposite of condoning his current behaviour a few posts up. Please learn to read and understand.

Whatever state he came back in, he's managed to stay in our top 3 goalscorers list this season, despite being last in the managers pecking order of 4 crap strikers + a fat injury prone free running midfielder (who also wants to escape the Allardyce regime).

That speaks volumes for Benni Mac's ability, despite his fitness levels. More worryingly, it speaks volumes about where Allardyce is taking this club. Away from its traditions and values, and away from what supporters want. Benni Mac -> Beattie (or similar) = 19,000 ST holders -> 15,000 ST holders. At any price.

I'm sure you'll be the first to complain when the only forward option off the bench this time next month is some talentless lump with a worse scoring record than Di Santo. We can't afford new talent like McCarthy, so we had to keep the McCarthy we already owned.

Utter rubbish if he really cared about BRFC or South Africa then he would have done everything he could to get fit but didn't end of!! If as he says representing your country is the pinnacle in a world cup or words to that effect then why not put the effort in. I'm sure most of us in his position no matter who we played for and was failing to meet fitness targets would accept being told to come in early to get fit but realistically hes waiting for the go ahead to earn more money and who's to say that if they bring in this stellar signing on hundred grand a week and with Carlton Cole coming back from injury that he'll actually get a game. His head was turned with Chelski and turned yet again. As far as i'm concerned he can stay away for as long as he wants as hes not worthy of wearing the blue and white halves ever again. Fine him and hold out for the cash the longer this goes on the more he'll oanic as he'll have nowhere to turn and his so called world cup will be spent not on the pitch but propping up a bar somewhere telling everyone "that should have been me" Goodbye and good riddance Benni this time you really have made a fool of yourself!!

The seeds were sown long ago, he has never been fully committed to the Rovers, he wanted to leave a couple of seasons back when there was a rumour that Chelsea were sniffing round and has had itchy feet in every transfer window since.

If he does go to West Ham, and as far as I'm concerned they're welcome to him, he'll have to up his work rate and work a hell of a lot harder than he has done here. How long until he wants out of West Ham to go to the Scottish Sunday League???

SSN this morning report interest in Gudjohnsen, I think that would be a cracking signing for us.

Lets put this into perspective for once.

Benni has fallen out with his manager at Porto, Hughes at various points, Allardyce for trying to instill some discipline (which is laudable), his international coaches at least 3 times if not more and various ones of those. Is there a pattern? Of course there is. Tris saying it's because of Sam's tactics is like saying I refuse to go to work because my socks aren't black. It's not relevant. If he was a pro he would knuckle down, meet his targets and get fit. It's the only way he has of staying in the team and therefore playing in the world cup. He's that good that he can get away with it, or he was. Time is not on his side. Benni has displayed a disgusting attitude towards his employers and the fans let alone the manager who really only wants to get the best out of him.

• Like 6

Lets put this into perspective for once.

Benni has fallen out with his manager at Porto, Hughes at various points, Allardyce for trying to instill some discipline (which is laudable), his international coaches at least 3 times if not more and various ones of those. Is there a pattern? Of course there is. Tris saying it's because of Sam's tactics is like saying I refuse to go to work because my socks aren't black. It's not relevant. If he was a pro he would knuckle down, meet his targets and get fit. It's the only way he has of staying in the team and therefore playing in the world cup. He's that good that he can get away with it, or he was. Time is not on his side. Benni has displayed a disgusting attitude towards his employers and the fans let alone the manager who really only wants to get the best out of him.

Tris didn't blame the manager when Dunn fell out with Souness!

I`d personally block his move, fine him a weeks wage for each training session he makes and make him play in the reserves until he changes his attitude.

Make it our choice instead of his.

I agree with what you are saying but we as a club are in no position to let highly paid players rot in the reserves, we could do it in the mid '90's but sadly not these day's.

Can't help thinking this wouldn't happen with Hughes in charge.

As most people are aware Allardyce isn’t top of my Christmas card list but you can’t blame him for big macs antics.

Benni has always had this in his make-up, didn’t he do the same to get a move to Ewood in the first place? He’s done the same at international level also, and whilst I think he still has something to offer, he should be fined 2wks wages for not turning up to training, and shipped out if the price is right sooner rather than later.

Modern day footballers, don’t you just love em!

• Like 2

Who says he's not match fit though? He's looked better than the rest of the forwards in the last few games.

Perhaps they need to get fitter and should have been called in with Benni at 7am??

Or - more likely - perhaps they need to play their football with some freedom, and ignore the instructions from the idiot manager.

Which it appears is the crux of the matter here. Benni has had the nerve to be imaginative with the occasional corner or free kick in the attacking third, and use his footballing brain. Such inventiveness has forced him out of the club.

Tris - we agree on a lot but no on this

FACTS as I see it;

Since the Chelsea saga - he has been taking his money and not been 100% focused professional

Only him ( not the manager ) has returned unfit and over weight every season since

Yes he is our most talented player when 100%, but for 2 years we have just had the odd moment

He clearly knows that he can at 32 yrs get more money in the bright lights and sort out his retirement

Ideally would i like a fit motivated benni yes - reality he has nt indicated to this manager or the previous he has any intention to do that

Save his wage and get in someone else ie Eider from Monaco

It is the curse of the modern day footballer which is why I and many others think why should we pay hard earned money to support these egotistical, its all about me, no loyalty, brain dead guys anymore....Attendances will drop and hopefully the bubble will burst soon

Lets get back to rules of 8 englishmen per team and local lads playing for their local teams

I`d personally block his move, fine him a weeks wage for each training session he makes and make him play in the reserves until he changes his attitude.

Make it our choice instead of his.

Good idea. We could effectively end his career :)

Unfortunately thats not possible for a club like Blackburn.

Bye Benni.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.