BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Gazza, Ian Wright, and Andy Payton. I have seen each kiss the claret shirt. They all came to my last birthday party as well.

oh sh*t, yeah!!! are you just naming the ones that were really successful at the club?

and mcCarthy your a joker...one of those stupid players that seems insistent on burning all bridges. another great example of a big ego small club player. we have just agreed a deal im hearing...anyone know how much????????????????

Edited by Stuart Ripley

SSN Daniel Craig says it's McCarthy's 'dream move', just like Lucash!

Since this is about the 8th time the pathetic coward has thrown his teddies out, I guess that makes Benni an Octopussy.

The fukwit said exactly the same sort of things in our favour when we signed him. I know it's been repeated time and time again but anyone who thinks virtually all footballers aren't a bunch of overpaid, brain dead, mercenaries needs their head examining. Goodbye and good riddance. For the comments I've just made you can perm any 99 out of 100 footballers.

If only they were all like Ronnie and Bryan!

The fukwit said exactly the same sort of things in our favour when we signed him. I know it's been repeated time and time again but anyone who thinks virtually all footballers aren't a bunch of overpaid, brain dead, mercenaries needs their head examining. Goodbye and good riddance. For the comments I've just made you can perm any 99 out of 100 footballers.

If only they were all like Ronnie and Bryan!

Ive said it many times, I just look to players and management to get a winning formula going on the pitch and to move the club forward while they are here. I've long since stopped looking for 'heroes', the club is all that matters to me.

What really annoyed me about the 1st leg against Villa was that when Pedersen was doing badly, people started booing him.

A player that was trying his hardest; and has done so throughout the majority of his career was being booed.....

Then when McCarthy came on to replace him, Pedersen got booed off and McCarthy got an all mighty cheer.

Am I the only one that saw this as daft?

People boo a player that has played badly (yet scored 2 important goals in 2 previous games) and gives his all every game.

Then the same people cheer a fat, uninterested, lazy gob @#/? like he's the second coming of christ.

Now the same set of fans say they're glad that McCarthy is off because he's showed no respect in the last week.

For me the seed was planted ages ago. He hasn't showed any respect in the last 2 years. He was unfit when we needed him most last season. Then still isn't fit for the new season.

some people need to open their eyes more....fickle @#/?s

Edited by super_arran
  • Like 4

Anyone who thinks virtually all footballers aren't a bunch of overpaid, brain dead, mercenaries needs their head examining ......... If only they were all like Ronnie and Bryan!

Would Ronnie and Bryan be Rovers players if they were around today ? Very doubtful.

Bryan also tried to get a move at one stage but was quickly slapped down by Jack Marshall (I think).

I know what you mean about loyalty though, and I would certainly put Pedersen in the same bracket as those two.

Characters such as McCarthy come and go, time to move on chaps.

What really annoyed me about the 1st leg against Villa was that when Pedersen was doing badly, people started booing him.

A player that was trying his hardest; and has done so throughout the majority of his career was being booed.....

Then when McCarthy came on to replace him, Pedersen got booed off and McCarthy got an all mighty cheer.

People boo a player that has played badly (yet scored 2 important goals in 2 previous games) and gives his all every game.

Then the same people cheer a fat, uninterested, lazy gob @#/? like he's the second coming of christ.

Now the same set of fans say they're glad that McCarthy is off because he's showed no respect in the last week.

For me the seed was planted ages ago. He hasn't showed any respect in the last 2 years. He was unfit when we needed him most last season. Then still isn't fit for the new season.

SPOT ON !

1 football Blackburn 2nd Nightlead

ALLARDYCE BIDS FURIOUS FAREWELL

By Martyn Ziegler, Chief Reporter, Press Association Sport

Sam Allardyce delivered a farewell blast to Benni McCarthy after Blackburn agreed a fee with West Ham to sign the South Africa striker.

McCarthy has gone AWOL this week in an attempt to force through a transfer but such action may have been unnecessary after the clubs agreed a fee believed to be £2.25million.

The 32-year-old stayed away from training for the last three days, with some reports saying he was in Spain, and his behaviour drew the ire of Rovers boss Allardyce.

Allardyce condemned McCarthy as ``unprofessional'' and said his conduct is symptomatic of selfishness and disloyalty shown by many players.

Allardyce told Press Association Sport: ``What he's done is unprofessional. It shows you that the only loyalty a player has got is to himself.

``This is what we deal with today in football, there's not such a thing as loyalty as there used to be in the older days when I was a player.

``It's a selfish attitude they have and that's not just about Benni, that's all players today. If they want something they do anything to try and get it.''

Allardyce said McCarthy may have been badly advised.

He added: ``If he is trying to manipulate a move by staying away it's not the right thing to do.

``Sometimes players will get advised wrongly and I think whoever is advising him to stay away is very wrong as he's done himself no favours.''

Blackburn have been linked with Turkey international Yildiray Basturk from Stuttgart, Stoke's James Beattie and Eidur Gudjohnsen, once a player with Allardyce at Bolton and now at Monaco.

Allardyce hinted at interest them, saying: ``If those players are available we may start negotiations but the first thing would be to contact the club.''

McCarthy is, of course, absent from the Blackburn squad for tomorrow's home match with Wigan and Chris Samba is suspended but David Dunn has recovered from a knock and is available.

Jason Roberts also comes back into the Rovers squad, although midfielder Vince Grella is still sidelined with a thigh strain.

Allardyce wants his players to build on the form that saw them lose 6-4 in the Carling Cup semi-final to Aston Villa despite being reduced to 10 men.

He added: ``If we win it's back to back victories in the Premier League and that is incredibly important.

``Wigan are a good side but we were not clinical enough when we played them before and drew 1-1, but we should have confidence to put in a good performance at home.

``It was very disappointing to go out of the Carling Cup at that stage but now we have only the Premier League to concentrate on.''

end

Ive said it many times, I just look to players and management to get a winning formula going on the pitch and to move the club forward while they are here. I've long since stopped looking for 'heroes', the club is all that matters to me.

Too true!!!

Have we got two Pedersens? Because the one I and most people have been watching has been plain not nearly good enough for most of the last two seasons, and for most of the games he's played this season hasn't even put much effort in either.

In the first leg of the Villa tie, he wimped out of every tackle and header, and it was without doubt one of the most uncommitted performances I've ever seen from a Rovers player. Whilst I didn't boo him off, I can totally understand why others did. The second leg was much the same, except he was in a position where he didn't need to tackle as much so it didn't negatively impact the team as much as usual. And I wouuldn't really call the goal he scored against City important when we got dicked 4-1!

I agree about Benni though - one excellent season, and since then he's largely let himself and Rovers down apart from the odd goal.

The Benni from his first season would be a big miss - the current one isn't and West Ham are welcome to him.

Although we all know he's bound to score against us right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.