BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

wish he'd get a bit more hungry

That seems to be the problem! :lol:

I do agree though. He has gone backwards since his first season with us. Many players suffer in their second season and find it hard to rediscover their form. He should at least be fit, trim and ready to work hard at getting back to where he was. Imagine what a good strike force we would have with him and Roque both in top form.

If he's not match-fit and overweight I suppose it's too much to hope that we're not paying him?

Why did his problems start when Ince walked in? He didn't do anything much last season when Hughes was here either. Did Ince tell him to sort himself out and he didn't like it?

The problem we have with Benni - aside from his attitude, is that if he doesn't start the match then he's useless as a sub. He's got to be the worst impact sub I have ever seen. Only once did he come on like a man possessed, and that was the Cup match against Arsenal. Even then he ran off like a spoilt child. If he's not starting, then there's no point in having him in the squad.

If he really does not get on with Ince, and Ince clearly does not see him as a big part of his plans, then why weren't we snapping off Sunderland and Gala's hands to anything over £6 million?

Edited by Somerset Rover!

We the fans have not taken the sales of Bentley and Brad too well. I guess they feel that selling Benni would just add further to fans frustration. I hope its not down to Ince thinking that he can get the best out of him? A firing front two of BM and RSC would be something else for us.

We haven't seen him play like we know he can for over a year, any bid that equeals profit after his fee and pay-off should be accepted even in January.

Curiously in work contracts an employee has responsibilities, that he must fufill, why do they not do this in football?

I don't mind players that seem really relaxed and unfussed on the pitch if that's their style, but I don't like players who just don't bother and seem happy to pick up the cheque. Benni has gone from the former to the latter.

Agree. The thing is IF (and it's a a big if) we get him back to the level he can be, then we have a stunning player on our hands - easily in the 10m bracket. The chances of this happening though seem to be receeding fast. Hughes seemed to know how to handle tempermental stars like Bellamy and Benni, I'm not so sure Ince does. And as has been said Benni isn't an impact sub - even when in form - so he's pretty much redundant at Rovers. I don't care if he's arrogent and has an attitude if he does the business but as he isn't he should keep his mouth shut and work hard to regain his place. Can't see it happening though.

Mouthing Off, we should have sold when we had the chance!

"My problems at the club started when Paul Ince walked in."

Yes, that's right Benni.

Benni's problems actually began when Paul Ince kept ringing him in the summer of 2007. Ince does a mean Jose Mourinho impression and kept hinting of a possible move to Chelsea. This messed with poor Benni's head. So much that his form was erratic at best last season (and that's being kind). Benni was still fooled by Ince come the end of last season when he admitted that his head had been turned by "Joses" advances and it affected his form.

Then the kicker, pre-season training. Most of the squad did some running about and what have you in order to get fit. What does Ince do? Sit's Benni in a room with nothing for company bar pies and cakes. He forces Benni to eat them and gets Ray Mathias to egg him on by clapping his hands and shouting "Go on big lad!!" every 2 minutes.

Ince out.

"My problems at the club started when Paul Ince walked in."

Yes, that's right Benni.

Benni's problems actually began when Paul Ince kept ringing him in the summer of 2007. Ince does a mean Jose Mourinho impression and kept hinting of a possible move to Chelsea. This messed with poor Benni's head. So much that his form was erratic at best last season (and that's being kind). Benni was still fooled by Ince come the end of last season when he admitted that his head had been turned by "Joses" advances and it affected his form.

Then the kicker, pre-season training. Most of the squad did some running about and what have you in order to get fit. What does Ince do? Sit's Benni in a room with nothing for company bar pies and cakes. He forces Benni to eat them and gets Ray Mathias to egg him on by clapping his hands and shouting "Go on big lad!!" every 2 minutes.

Ince out.

Just brightened up my day :lol:

Given this is not the first time he's blamed the manger (sure he did something similiar under Hughes last year). What does everyone think the club should do???

O'neill was quick to slap Barry with a fine after his outburst, should BM get similiar?

He did the same at Celta Vigo blaming the coach, for his poor attitude.

Should we put him on the list/ tout him round?

Should we keep him?

We haven't seen him play like we know he can for over a year, any bid that equeals profit after his fee and pay-off should be accepted even in January.

Curiously in work contracts an employee has responsibilities, that he must fufill, why do they not do this in football?

My thoughts exactly. If Benni is refusing to get himself fit by losing excess weight and training to get match fitness back, then surely he must be in breach of contract. Rovers should be able to warn him that unless he conforms immediately he can be sacked without any compensation, and probably sued for breach of contract by Rovers.

Edited by Fife Rover

Given this is not the first time he's blamed the manger (sure he did something similiar under Hughes last year). What does everyone think the club should do???

O'neill was quick to slap Barry with a fine after his outburst, should BM get similiar?

He did the same at Celta Vigo blaming the coach, for his poor attitude.

Should we put him on the list/ tout him round?

Should we keep him?

IMO he has always been a bit of a one season wonder where ever he has been. He must like travelling!

If he has actually said that in an interview and mis-translated then yes he needs disciplining.

I said before we should give him until January, but I am beginning to wish we had got shut during the Summer

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.