BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

He needs match fitness - hence why he plays tonight. He didnt play at weekend for purely tactical reasons if you go off sams comments about his strengths didnt suit our style that day.

By the time it got to half time - it was game over, so no point risking him in that game. I think he may also be trying out the Carlos/ Benni link up too.

Unless I and others were wrong in thinking that Benni was kept back from the Liverpool game simply to keep him fit for this weekend.

Maybe there's more to it than that.

This seems more likely than Tris's bizarre theory.

All the exercise you do and you still put on weight.

How does he do it? Coming back from the summer break way out of condition is one thing. To get fat again during the season when he is training for a few hours every day and then playing at weekends must take the eating habits of a typical resident of half-ton hospital.

The 'Bio-metrics' of his body are what cause the problem - some add weight much easier than others. Dont worry it will get sorted.

Either he will get fit or get shipped out in summer - simple really. Dont forget he was scoring the key goals when Sam 1st came in and then got dropped. He is still also our top goalscorer.

Edited by Hughesy

• 4 weeks later...
The 'Bio-metrics' of his body are what cause the problem - some add weight much easier than others. Dont worry it will get sorted.

Either he will get fit or get shipped out in summer - simple really. Dont forget he was scoring the key goals when Sam 1st came in and then got dropped. He is still also our top goalscorer.

Just seen this.

Quality LOL.

Bio-metrics in biology refer to body shape, so its a scientific way of saying, yes benni's fat. :lol::lol:

I think Benni's being harshly treated by his own fans here. The biometrics comment by the manager was directed at Dunn was it not? I wasn't there (at the Q+A) so happy to be corrected.

Either way, Benni didn't look too porky when he was tearing around the pitch in the Wigan match. Or when we spoke to him from a distance of 3 feet at the BRDSC do.

His game has never been a Paul Dickov type of contribution. He conserves his energy and pops up to score important goals - lots of them. When he has to move fast, he does. When he has to deliver for the team - he does.

I do struggle to understand why people slag McCarthy. We'll never have another Shearer, so let's make the best of the best players we have??

I think Benni's being harshly treated by his own fans here.

Either way, Benni didn't look too porky when he was tearing around the pitch in the Wigan match. Or when we spoke to him from a distance of 3 feet at the BRDSC do.

When he has to deliver for the team - he does.

I do struggle to understand why people slag McCarthy. We'll never have another Shearer, so let's make the best of the best players we have??

Totally agree Tris can't see why a lot on this board want him out of the club as he contributes goals which not many of our other players do!

Instead of being destructive why not offer some constructive statements like telling us where the money is gonna come from for a striker of benni's calibre, critiscisers of Benni!

Edited by jny

Agree, he is one of the few players we have with genuine quality. Yes, he can be frustrating to watch, but conversely goalscorers can be hard to find, especially when you only have a few quid to spend.

His game has never been a Paul Dickov type of contribution. He conserves his energy and pops up to score important goals - lots of them. When he has to move fast, he does. When he has to deliver for the team - he does.

I do struggle to understand why people slag McCarthy.

He's scored a massive 9 goals this season , spent a lot of the time on the bench due to his fitness and attitude problems , and did nothing last season .

Common sense , as opposed to blind optimism , tells me that we're flogging a dead horse here . Like Pedersen his career is just going to peter out .........taking an unjustifiably large wage while living in the comfort zone .

Next term we'll need to step up a gear or two . We can't afford passengers .

• Backroom

Blue Phil say what you like but Benni has been head and shoulders above the rest of our forwards this season.

Nobody at the club is nearly as good a finisher as he is.

I could understand the criticism if he was tubby and not scoring but he still is getting the goals.

• Backroom

I think its a half decent return for the games he's played, if all our striker chipped in with the same ratio we'd be ok.

He's scored a massive 9 goals this season , spent a lot of the time on the bench due to his fitness and attitude problems , and did nothing last season .

Considering he plays for a side that doesn't create many chances and hasn't played for a lot of the season the number of goals he has scored has been pretty good. When he got a decent run at the start of Allardyce's reign he was in lethal form. If he plays in a 4-4-2 and with a good partner he'll be a 15+ goal a season man for us, no one else in our team offers that. He's never going to chase lost causes all day, but then I'd take Benni over Derbyshire any day.

Common sense , as opposed to blind optimism , tells me that we're flogging a dead horse here . Like Pedersen his career is just going to peter out .........taking an unjustifiably large wage while living in the comfort zone .

I wonder just who else do you expect to score those 9 goals? If we stay up, he's gonna be one of the main if not the main contributor.

24 in his 1st season

11 last season

12 this season

Compare that to who in our squad?? He's one of the few we dont need to replace just yet. Give Benni a chance and he will score.

If he conserves his energy, you would think he would be able to manage a full 90 mins then wouldn't you?

If we could combine jase and benni into 1 player what a player it would be, a player who is strong, works hard, runs with ball, tracks back, and most of all could finish with confidence, the pairing of these 2 should really work but doesnt to a degree , lets just get some chloroform, mess with genetics a bit and develop a 25 goal a year machine and play 4,5,1 job done top seven finish!! now why the hell cant i win a game in fm 2009

• Backroom

Knowing our luck if we combined the two it would be someone slow and overweight who can't finish :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.