BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I think his goals have covered up some average lacklustre performances. Only in flashes has he shown what he is capable of. However - his job is to score goals so can't criticize him too much :D

I think we will see far more from him as the season goes on - but at the moment nothing more than a promising start at the moment.

I was surprised to see him hit a ball quite so sweetly with his left foot on Saturday, this led to Bentleys goal. I would like to see him playing further frward, he seems to have a fair bit of pace and planty of tricks so should really be playing off the shoulder of the last defender. When I've watched him he seems to play quite deep and when we break quickly he isn't in the box to get on the end of things.

So far so good though, he's outscored Shevchenko, Rooney and bellamy in the premiership.

Personally I think hes a more talented and classy player then Bellamy, more skill, better finisher and a very likeable character unlike horrible little hunchback. Hes also not a sick note ( touch wood )

I think thats a bit harsh, Bellamy is a better player in my book- has more to threaten an opponents defence (mainly his extraordinary pace).

Nonetheless Benni is excellent and if he does remain fit formost of the season (as opposed to Bellamy's 60%) then he will ultimately prove a better signing.

Not entirely sure I agree on the pace bit, but his skill can often make up for that, but in light of that I think he does need to be on the last defender rather than trying to pick up deeper and outrun them.

He often drops to the "hole" position, I guess when he gets a bit tired, but he's very effective there and at that point the lone striker should really push on, or readjust the midfield/striker balance to make the best use of him.

Class act

He is our best striker, we should get the ball to him as soon as possible when going forward as he is very accurate with his shots, has the ability and tricks to beat even good defenders (witness Everton and Salzburg home goals) and is a natural born finisher (Salzburg away and City tap in goals).

Top striker, very happy he signed for us.

He is our best striker, we should get the ball to him as soon as possible when going forward as he is very accurate with his shots,

exactly right. supplying benni is the key. he's still adjusting to the prem and i think some of his team mates are still developing an understanding with him.

benni's quality cant be questioned, - technically superb, clever link man (similar, but vastly superior, to yorke) and good in the air.

he's got everything.

I think thats a bit harsh, Bellamy is a better player in my book- has more to threaten an opponents defence (mainly his extraordinary pace).

Nonetheless Benni is excellent and if he does remain fit formost of the season (as opposed to Bellamy's 60%) then he will ultimately prove a better signing.

Different strokes for different folks. They both have very different styles of playing, both are very effective (not that we've seen Bellamy do anything at Liverpool :D ). Personally I prefer Benni's ability to link up with the midfield, turn on the ball sharply and finish convincingly. Still, he doesn't have the terrifying pace that Bellamy has, which at times can give you a very effective strike force of one - whereas Benni needs the service.

All said and done, he's a quality player. So far he's lived up to the tremendous hype surrounding his name. :tu:

In my opinion, he's very similar in style and performance as Emile Heskey... Bare with me one second while i explain...

I think he is one of those players who likes to be a number 2 striker and have a world class striker to play alongside...

Im not kidding, i think (and i know allot of other people have said this) that if we had been able to keep hold of Craig Bellamy last summer and we had Bellamy and Benni up front, we'd be a force to be reconed with.

Im sorry to say that Benni and Roberts dont look even 75% convinsing, although Gally and Jeffers have shown some true promise..

My brother mentioned today that we were being linked with a young C.Republic striker on teletext. Has anyone else heard of this and who it could be?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.