BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "global Warming"

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We contribute minimally to global warming and the goverment can't do anything to stop it. Take every car off the road and stop all other sources of carbon emissions and you will see virtually no difference in the rate of global warming. It will happen no matter what the goverment takes from us to try and slow it down.

Flopsy, I never said it was.

Edited by Jack

And your incontrovertible proof of that is ...

Think for yourself and do a little research. You'll find it all on the net just don't bother with the BBC (Blair Broadcasting Corporation) site. They have a habit of being biased as they admitted themselves a few weeks ago.

Childish.

How can I reach incontrovertible proof by "doing a little research".

If there's one single paper out there that offers incontrovertible proof that man makes a negligle impact on teh air temperature of the planet, let's have it.

However "doing a little research" indicates to me reading around a topic and gaining an appreciation of conflicting views. This can help in forming an opinion, but is not scientific prood in itself and so cannot form incontrovertible fact.

If you have a controversial view, expect to be challenged and you should be able to offer proof of what you say.

Edited by Bryan

Bryan, have you looked yet? There's plenty of info out there and plenty of people asking why the sun isn't being considered as a cause of global warming, especially as scientists are saying that the sun is more active now than it has been for years.

Bryan, if you can't be bothered just go along with the line that the goverment throws out for you. It really is sad that some people just can't be bothered to think for themselves and just seem to drift along toeing the line.

I've read every single post on this thread and no body has actually managed a written in stone fact. All we have seen is figures that can be intepreted in any way that you may wish to argue. The only FACT in this is that nobody knows and we are all guessing. Those who say there is geographical proof of climate change are correct though, as the climate is changing and has changed for warmer and colder for millions and millions of years before we had even evolved.

If David Cameron hadn't made a fuss would we even be having this debate?

Bryan, if you can't be bothered just go along with the line that the goverment throws out for you. It really is sad that some people just can't be bothered to think for themselves and just seem to drift along toeing the line.

"Do some research, think for yourself, can't you be bothered", as proof that man doesn't contribute to global warming, it's first-class, I must say.

You are an oaf, sir.

"Do some research, think for yourself, can't you be bothered", as proof that man doesn't contribute to global warming, it's first-class, I must say.

You are an oaf, sir.

That's about the limit of your intelligence is it? God help us all.

Not the government Jack, the royal society for one.

I don't remember you ever commenting on their research. Then again, it doesn't back up your half baked comments. So you ignore that and soldier on aimlessly.

I've just been reading a document from the royal society, it has IPCC stamped all over it. About as accurate as the Stern Report which isn't saying much..

The royal society

is the independent scientific academy of the UK and the Commonwealth dedicated to promoting excellence in science.

The Society plays an influential role in national and international science policy and supports developments in science engineering and technology in a wide range of ways.

Sir Nicholas Stern, is a British economist and academic. He was the Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President of the World Bank from 2000 to 2003

The source to back up your allegations that it's simply about taxes? - apart from the oil company link you provided earlier is?

Every single reply you have used have been identical to those used by crackpot conspiracy theorists from 9/11 etc, the patronising tone of it instantly makes you appear to be more interested in having a "I know more than you" feeling, rather than being on a quest for truth.

If you really do have concrete evidence to disprove the government's global warming theories then I can't for one second understand why you would want to keep it to yourself.

Edited by LeChuck

A tax on the number of miles an air passenger travels or the number of flights he/she does in a year . It's not rocket science . I think in the 21st century it could be feasible to do this - even by this cretinous government that you so admire . :rolleyes:

I'm stunned. I agree with you on this completely. Any environmental tax should be connected to individuals so ravek as not to unduely penalise the poorest, it is the only fair way.

I think that is the first time. :blink:

Keep it to myself, that would be hard as it's all over the internet and probably in hundreds of books.

A link? Your argument will stand and fall entirely on this. No one will believe you unless you provide evidence.

But why not share what you have found on here? Obvously the feeling of not being one of the sheep is more important to you than educating people on the 'facts' of global warming.

Like I said, at the moment you're no more credible than conspiracy theorists because you reply to everyone in the same manner as they do when asked to backup their alternative opinions.

I'm stunned. I agree with you on this completely. Any environmental tax should be connected to individuals so ravek as not to unduely penalise the poorest, it is the only fair way.

Thank you , Joey .....but that was only my reply to the government's idea of taxation which would hit the poorest hardest and not deter the rich at all .

Ideally I would have no such taxes for the simple reason that oil and coal based fuels are going to run out in thirty odd years (or so the scientists who we all know are never wrong keep on saying) . Therefore , taxation or no taxation will do absolutely nothing on the scale of things to help "save the planet" .

What difference does it make if we have to wait 30 years , 40 years or 50 years to conjure up alternative forms of energy ?

Those who honestly believe Blair's and Brown's proposed taxes will do anything other than fill the treasury cannot see the bigger picture . Useful idiots you might call them ...

When you were at school did you ask your teacher to do your homework for you? Educate yourself. When my son comes home from school I don't do his homework for him.

So that's a "NO" then - you haven't got anything to back up your claims. Ridicule scientists and Nicholas Stern, but have nothing to fall back on apart from stupid "it's all about taxes" claim.

What Jack, every government?

Taxation is another argument Phil. Jack says humans can do nothing about Global warming. [even though 95% of Global warming over the past 50 years is due to humans].

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.