BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "global Warming"

:)

I think the problem with the airline industry is that it dumps its pollutants in the high atmosphere and not at ground level.

Still cant wait for the Methane Hydrate deposits to melt, then we're really in the big brown smelly pooh stuff

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methane Hydrate ........YAWN!

You have been taken in by the propaganda of the doom-merchants!

The more I hear of this debate the more I become convinced that there is no case to answer. The eventual outcome will be ........

- more nuclear power stations

- western nations less reliant on foreign nations for energy needs

- china and india will continue their development unabated

- the anti-capitalist lobby will move onto the next big thing (nuclear power haha!)

- everyone will conveniently forget about the scientific hype

Genuine question ............. have any Nobel prizes been awarded for climate change research??

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The world is warming up at the moment but don't worry as it will cool again. It's natural.

That's right. It's just a cycle that our planet goes through naturally over thousands of years. :rover: We're actually due to have an ice age before too long. :unsure:

• 10 months later...

Its been a "cool" spring so far then, bang-

today is by 2 degrees C the hottest April day since Maltese records began. 31.3C (that's 88F) in the village I am working in an hour ago.

Tomorrow is going to be a more normal 22C (that's 72F).

Global warming is a fact, the earth is warming up, sea levels are rising, ice caps are melting etc.

However my opinion differs from a lot of people when it comes to the cause of it. I've always been a believer that whilst man has contributed a small part towards it, the main factor is the Earth itself going through a climatic cycle. History has shown the Earth has gone through periods of extreme climatic changes, going from one extreme to another.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

I don't care either way.

We will just deal with it. The human race has survived far worse and will continue to do so.

In the middle ages there were vineyards in the North of England and people were still alive.

Everybody loves the end of the world scenario, but it ain't gonna happen!

Global warming is a fact, the earth is warming up, sea levels are rising, ice caps are melting etc.

Is it?

Global temperatures have actually fallen in the last 5 or 6 years.

In the seventies we were meant to be entering a new ice age. Not worried about that now, are we?

I used to believe in it, now I am incredibly sceptical about the whole thing.

It's alright saying "reduce your carbon footprint" but in teh end, all that carbon will get used up, all you are doing is retarding the rate at which it is getting released into the atmosphere. Well actually, you're not really, since whether or not you use energy-saving lightbulbs, or whether you offset your carbon emissions when you take a flight or whether you cycle to work, it makes sod all difference of 5 of stuff all on a planet with 9 bn people, where a new power station is opened in China every week. I mean, honestly, leaving my TV on standby? It has a 1 W power consumption! What is the point? There is none.

Global warming is pretty far from a "fact", it is a theory.

Best way to hold power, or to gain it, is to scare the living bejeebus out of people. It's a nice little money-spinning, this global warming ar$e.

Is it?

Global temperatures have actually fallen in the last 5 or 6 years.

Sea levels are rising, large ice sheets are melting at the poles.

Like i said in my post i don't believe in this crap about us being the main cause of this warming, i attribute it to the Earth going through a climatic cycle. Ice cores have shown that the Earth has experienced many large temperature changes during the last several thousand years. So to summarise i do believe that the Earth is seeing an increase in warming, in particular some areas have seen a big change. But i do not believe we are the main cause of it.

It's alright saying "reduce your carbon footprint" but in teh end, all that carbon will get used up, all you are doing is retarding the rate at which it is getting released into the atmosphere. Well actually, you're not really, since whether or not you use energy-saving lightbulbs, or whether you offset your carbon emissions when you take a flight or whether you cycle to work, it makes sod all difference of 5 of stuff all on a planet with 9 bn people, where a new power station is opened in China every week. I mean, honestly, leaving my TV on standby? It has a 1 W power consumption! What is the point? There is none.

I agree totally with your views on the cutting carbon emissions etc. It will make not one iota of a difference. It annoys the hell out of me that the government is introducing all these green taxes and saying it’s to help the environment. It’s a complete lie, Its just another way for the Government to shaft us with more Taxes.

Sea levels are rising, large ice sheets are melting at the poles.

Ice sheets might be melting at the south pole, but the ice level is at its deepest in recorded history....

Its just another way for the Government to shaft us with more Taxes.

Have you also considered all the major UK retailers who are also shafting you and millions around the world on this issue? It isn't just government you should be worried about.

Well actually, you're not really, since whether or not you use energy-saving lightbulbs, or whether you offset your carbon emissions when you take a flight or whether you cycle to work, it makes sod all difference of 5 of stuff all on a planet with 9 bn people, where a new power station is opened in China every week.

Best way to hold power, or to gain it, is to scare the living bejeebus out of people. It's a nice little money-spinning, this global warming ar$e.

If global warming is down to human activity then the most pertinent fact is that there are 9 billion people on the planet .....and counting . And all demanding (allegedly) scarce resources .

When the scientists and politicians start to talk about over-population and how to reverse it ..............then I'll start to take them seriously .

Until then they can all sod off . I simply don't believe a word they say .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.