BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vinjay's Latest Rant

Glenn

Some interesting comments re BRISA.

What is actually happening with this?

I haven't heard anything for ages plus I thought there was supposed to have been a vote re election to the committee.Surely it's over a year a year since its formation? :huh:

Btw allow him back...people can use the ignore function vs him if they wish.

Edited by SouthAussieRover

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting comments re BRISA.

What is actually happening with this?

I haven't heard anything for ages plus I thought there was supposed to have been a vote re election to the committee.Surely it's over a year a year since its formation? :huh:

Btw allow him back...people can use the ignore function vs him if they wish.

Its not been great recently, but there are steps afoot to reenergise things and turn it away from being a talking shop. IMHO theres been too many discussions behind the scenes and not enough involving the membership. Communication between BRISA, its members and the club has to be, and is being improved. as many members wont know that there is another meeting on the 20th November at the Fernhurst.

<_< How do you know they weren't there? Do you expect them to sit with labels on so that you know they are there? Actually Jack's daughter and some others usually attend matches and rarely miss. And don't forget, the Trust owns the club, not the Walkers.

(I've been dying to use this sign, here's my chance :wstu::P )

A bit harsh to use that sign against yourself Roversmum :P I, unlike Vinjay, am fully aware that the Walkers don't own the club, so where's the relevance in Jack's daughter attending? Would that be the daughter who is married to Mr Matthewman? I would bloody well hope that a director and his missus turned up.

My point was that the Trust had ownership imposed on them rather than them being positive, proactive owners. Most businesses that have distant, unwilling owners usually end up drifting.

I’d be interested in knowing how the search for new investment was going. Have we made any inroads? Anyone interested? How are we going about this? Has anyone actually rang Bill Gates? Of course I appreciate that we probably shouldn’t be privy to this information but all we hear at regular intervals is that the club is looking for new investment and that's where it ends.

Apparently the Gates' were interested in putting some money in but they have decided to spend it on eradicating polio from the world. Have they really got their priorities right? ;)

I have to say that piece is much more well argued than that which graced the board during his visit here. And he does have a couple of points about ambition.

The real bone of contention is that Vinjay clearly sees us as a club that has a right to be in the top four, only held back from such a lofty position by the inadequacy of our staff and fanbase.

He does not accept that we suffer disadvantages in terms of resources compared to other clubs which makes it very difficult to compete with them.

When you consider that we do in actuality suffer a massive resource deficit compared to the top four and even our neighbors, Vinjay does appear suffering from some sort of mania. He is completely unwilling to recognise actual facts.

When was the last time a club who attract a gate of sub 30k reached the top four? That would be us then. When we won it and were backed in the range of tens of millions by Jack. Next best? Ipswich came fifth in 2001. They were relegated a year later. Next best after that? Us again in 2003 and 2006 when we finished sixth.

While I am a big fan of optimisim - you should always be optimistic in order to target the highest achievement possible - in order to be effective you also need to make sure that optimism is within the realms of realism.

Vinjay rejects realism in favor of a vague belief of the intrisic ability for Rovers to be in the top four.

Since any new owner would most likely want to put their own man in to run things, I'm sure JW is working night and day to find one...

So you are saying that us not finding a Billionare is down to JW and his Job preservation, nonsense. My take, if I was a Billionare buying Rovers I would likely think the man has something to offer. I think the fella has done an excellent job really. I do beleive that the fact we had Jack has made the appreciation for JW's efforts somewhat tempered.

The guy's entitled to his opinion. It's just wrong on most counts. However, he clearly thinks he is well enough qualified to comment quite vitriolically on the business acumen of various individuals. So much so that I look forward to when he becomes a multi-millionaire and invests his money in the club. (I won't hold my breath...)

an improvement in European games Vinjay ! Yes a draw away and a win versus Salzburg, were you there ?

An away win in Poland, were you there ?

A home win versus Basle ? were you there ?

3000 away Rovers fans invading Holland when we play Feyenoord, will you be there ?

An initiative at home to the winkers laid on by the Club and JW, were you there ?

The introduction of the card for loyal supporters, cheap tickets for season ticket holders in the Euro games and a cheap ticket for Chelsea in The Cup, were you there ?

You see my little uneducated half wit, Rovers are making lots of effort to win back the wavering fans. We are succeeding slowly but surely, we have a slight increase in ST Holders and our home crowds are steady at the moment. We are financially afloat and the club is steady in the league.

Just what more can be done at this present time ?

Answers on a post card please to JW @ BRFC :brfc:

Yes , but that's enough about yourself , Matt ........let's keep to the subject of a premier league quality rant from Vinjay .

The decision to ban Vinjay MUST be overturned :tu:

I would say trawling through this thread there is a majoirity who are in favour of the return of the much maligned one. so its up to the powerful ones to return vinjay and his "mupput of the month" avatar

Apparently the Gates' were interested in putting some money in but they have decided to spend it on eradicating polio from the world. Have they really got their priorities right? ;)

Be better spent expanding the Gene pool down the unfriendly end of the Motorway

I'd rather have to read Vinjay posts then Roverthemoons, at least Vinjays are thought out and well constructed.

I beg to differvinjay same old rhetoric an dwhile RTM's points may not be thought out and he lied about attending the game he does vary his theme some, and I think he actually means well. I found everthing vinjay said to be criticism levelled at the Family that rescued this club without any constructive substance whatsoever. In short I found his rantings to be quite offensive in nature, at least to a fan who was there during some of the clubs darker days.

He should be allowed to post on here again as long as he sticks to the guidelines. It's supposed to be a public messageboard .

It's actually not, a medium that requires registration and membership is not exactly public is it? You just want him back so you can pick on him with you intellectual superiority don't you jim.

I think a poll/vote should be created so members can vote if they want him back instead, thats the fairest way. If Vinjay is so desperate to post why hasnt he just registered under a different name?

Fair do's. Then if he is re-instated someone please educate me on the ignore function or I will banish myself to the official board :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.