SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vinjay's Latest Rant

Glenn

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty trendy to knock Vinjay on here and he might even be a closet dingle but regardless of his motives and despite his unique style he does have some good points trying to get out.

The one mistake he makes is that the Club and Trust Fund are run by the Walker Trustees who are completely separate from the Walker family. If for example Fred is now worth 600m that's his prerogative and good luck to him.

Aside from that there are some fundamental questions that need answering:

How do the Trustees see their long term relationship with the club?

Why has funding for the current manager dried up when the previous incumbent received excessively generous backing?

What is the progress or otherwise in finding additional sources of investment. After all that was one of John Wiliams main tasks on the formation of the new superstreamlined board. We can't be that bad a bet with little or no external debt and new TV deals in the offing.

To whom is John Williams accountable if things aren't going so well?

If push comes to shove are we prepared to do what is necessary to make sure we actually benefit from the new TV deals? :huh:

However Vinjay's best point is about the seeming obsession with completely irrelevant discussion about the drummers. Ho hum.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

It's pretty trendy to knock Vinjay on here and he might even be a closet dingle but regardless of his motives and despite his unique style he does have some good points trying to get out.

The one mistake he makes is that the Club and Trust Fund are run by the Walker Trustees who are completely separate from the Walker family. If for example Fred is now worth 600m that's his prerogative and good luck to him.

Why has funding for the current manager dried up when the previous incumbent received excessively generous backing?

What is the progress or otherwise in finding additional sources of investment. After all that was one of John Wiliams main tasks on the formation of the new superstreamlined board. We can't be that bad a bet with little or no external debt and new TV deals in the offing.

If push comes to shove are we prepared to do what is necessary to make sure we actually benefit from the new TV deals? :huh:

However Vinjay's best point is about the seeming obsession with completely irrelevant discussion about the drummers. Ho hum.

Well put Rev but you sort of hit the nail on the head with your defence, the Trust is not The Walker Family and Vinjay is always having a go at the Wlakers, bit wide of th emark if that's the case don't you think.

I'm sure when things aren't going well we'll find out who JW is accountable to. Bloody good questions though Rev and ones most Rovers fans would like to have answered.

I'm done on this Vinjay thing. Can this thread.

Edited by USABlue

Well rev, the answers are easily available-

The Trustees are there to administer the Trust according to the terms of the settlor- Jack Walker. By definition, they have to abide by the letter and spirit of the deed of settlement. The views made public by the Trust after Jack's death will not alter. They expressed then as much as they are ever likely to say publicly about the terms of the Trust and their role in administering it. Effectively two things could change- a member of the Walker family could be so passionate for the Rovers that they would express by letter of wishes that the Trust be even more supportive than Jack wanted them to be - or the Trust itself falls on very hard times and the Trustees have to ration largesse between the beneficiaries. At present neither would seem to be likely.

Perhaps someone could find the LET interview with the Trustees published late in 2000 and pin it in the site somewhere. That is about as definitive as we are going to get.

I think this is way wide of the mark Rev. Funding from the Walkers/Trust has been at a steady £5/6m per year since Jack became involved. Had they agreed to be at Ewood, Rovers would have had a Bellamy/Gudjonson forward line with Roberts and Jeffers, and Dunn would have been recruited into midfield. As both Hughes and Williams have said, Rovers' transfer activity is determined by who is available and who wants to play at Rovers.

This will be totally confidential. However, do you think the Icelanders moving in on the WHammers and the Jersy financiers pitching to Newcastle (the reality there is FF looking to leverage to get overall control) are doing so to pump £100m in without any prospect of return which is what Jack did or because they have seen an opportunity to make a more than tidy profit? Precisely, Rovers aren't a bad bet for someone to come in and make a profit out of the 60% rise in Sky income next year but is that what we want? It isn't what Jack wanted and you can be pretty sure the Trustees are debarred from bailing out in such circumstances.

Come on Rev, JW is accountable to the shareholders whether things are going well or badly. Everybody knows that.

You bet they are- push, shove or tickle it with a feather duster.

Edited by philipl

Come on Rev, JW is accountable to the shareholders whether things are going well or badly. Everybody knows that.

Like I said, he's accountable to the Jersey trustees, they own the shares. They are the ones who employ JW. They could sack JW, or anyone else.

Maybe Vinjay should spam them?

Vinjay. I don't know you, or your 'work'. However, you seem to keep getting embroiled in semantics in your latest rant. What's worse, erroneous semantics. You say that you don't like saying 'Rovers', and yet repeatedly say it. Moreso than the other terms you claim to prefer. Also, I don't see where you get off on attacking the terms 'us' and 'our', and replacing it with 'the club'. You seem to enjoy distancing yourself from BRFC in this way, whilst claiming to be thoroughly concerned about OUR plight. We use the terms 'we' and 'our' because we feel part of the club. Not because of some sheep mentality which simply doesn't exist.

One thing is that is obviously nonsence about vinjay's post is the comparison between our interest in burnley and man city's lack of interest in stockport and everton/liverpools's lack of interest in tranmere.

Both Manchester and liverpool teams have another local premiership team to be their main rivals. We never have had a big local team to dislike, we only have Burnley. I dont care about what any other team does as long as burnley get beat. If vinjay does not get why we are interested in burnley then he is definately not a rovers fan.

More responses.

Aggy Blue-Why not sit with the away fans?

Vinjay-Can still hear the home fans unfortunately. Maybe I'll just start

wearing earplugs.

gumboots-The guy claims he doesn't like Rovers fans anyway so let's forget

about him, if in fact he exists, and get on with discussing or club instead

of his rants.

Vinjay-It might be more constructive to look at the reasons why. Look at

falling atendances and then take a good look at yourselves as well as

Williams/the Walkers. I feel no affiliation with Rovers fans and feel like

I'm being driven out of the club. Is that supposed to be my fault? I've

already been forced off the messageboard for wanting the club to show

ambition. It's alright to put the club down in the Beckham thread though

isn't it?

92er-In a way, Vinjay appears to suffering an alienation that ,although more

extreme, might have been suffered by many Rovers' fans at any time, either

currently or in the past.

Vinjay-Quite right and I'm treated like the one who's to blame. I'm supposed

to chant "small town in Europe" and sing about clubs I don't care about.

You're only talking about atmosphere. Why don't you take a look at your

songs. I talk up the club's chances of signing Beckham...you put the club

down. I want the club to qualify for champions league and win

trophies...you're quite content to finish midtable. I hate Neill...you cheer

him and accept him as captain. I'm supposed to pay to watch scumbags like

Neill? I'm supposed to accept the disrepect he's showing to me and everyone

of you.

You wonder why I don't feel any close affiliation with Rovers fans. That's

only a few of the reasons.

wakefield rawks-Which shrink do you use? Are they good? What made you a

broken man? It helps to talk.

Vinjay-I'm past the stage where I threaten to turn up at BRISA meetings and

jump in the canal if they don't listen. Firstly I came to realise that's

what they would want...kind of people they are and 2 I'm feeling a lot

better psychlogically now. Still dosen't make me any happier with the club's

current situation.

Revidge Blue-It's pretty trendy to knock Vinjay on here and he might even be

a closet dingle but regardless of his motives and despite his unique style

he does have some good points trying to get out.

Vinjay-My only motive is trying to get you to listen. You had some good

points in your columns as well...until Williams forced the LET to remove

them. You don't realise that it's people like you who can be used to force

Williams out of this club. Yet you just accept what he's done.

bluebruce-You seem to enjoy distancing yourself from BRFC in this way,

whilst claiming to be thoroughly concerned about OUR plight. We use the

terms 'we' and 'our' because we feel part of the club. Not because of some

sheep mentality which simply doesn't exist.

Vinjay-I feel distant from the fans and the people running the club not the

club itself. I've already attempted to explain why. You think I enjoy

feeling distant from the fans? Quite wrong. I've mentioned Aston Villa and

Newcastle fans in the past. Fans who protest when things are going wrong

unlike Rovers fans. Who don't put their club down. That's what I want Rovers

fans to be like. Why don't I go and support Villa or Newcastle then? That's

the sort of thing you will say instead of taking a look at yourself. It's

not me who's to blame for the distance between us.

How do you think I feel? How do I feel when Rovers fans act in completely

the opposite manner to the way I believe PL fans should? It's no wonder I

don't feel close to Rovers fans. I don't enjoy it at all. I want to like

Rovers fans but your attitude won't allow me to.

ad0102-Both Manchester and liverpool teams have another local premiership

team to be their main rivals. We never have had a big local team to dislike,

we only have Burnley. I dont care about what any other team does as long as

burnley get beat. If vinjay does not get why we are interested in burnley

then he is definately not a rovers fan.

Vinjay-I don't care about local rivalry. I also don't care about some club

who don't compare to Rovers in size, position or quality. I don't care about

Burnley. Does being a Rovers fan mean you have to obsess constantly over

Burnley? Is it compulsory? Sing about them constantly...and then blame the

drummers for the poor atmpsphere. I don't care about Burnley. Does that mean

I'm not allowed to support Rovers. What next if you don't chant about

Burnley you're banned? I'm just not interested in them. I don't dislike

them. I don't like them. There isn't even an inbetween...they are

irrelevant. Yet Rovers fans are still stuck in a 80's mindset obsessing over

clubs like Burnley and Preston.

I prefer to chant about Man Utd instead. At least they are in the same

league. You wonder why I don't feel any close affiliation with Rovers fans?

BECKHAM THREAD-RECENT POSTS

Simon Graners 194-Lets be honest though....what the hell would he want to

come here for?

Preston Blue-why in a million years would Beckham come to Blackburn?

Vinjay-I say Beckham would be impressed by Blackburn. They mock the club.

Who gets all the abuse? Me. Jack Walker built this club and you want to

constantly put the club down. I'ts an insult to Jack as far as I'm

concerned. It's disrepecting his leacy. Just like his family have shown no

respect for him by letting his club wallow in mediocrity.

wakefieldrawks-I also posted this in the Vinjay thread but it bears

repeating:

Vinjay to be chairman of BRISA

Vinjay-I don't want any association with damaged goods. I'm not interested

in any association that puts in the half hearted effort they had. It seems

too much of a challenge for them to put out a newsletter at the moment. It's

these people putting in a half-A**** effort who are supposed to be our most

dedicated fans. What a sorry situation this club is in.

I'd much rather start my own organisation but I need likeminded fans who are

sick of the Walkers and Williams. Maybe when people realise I'm right about

Williams you will be protesting with me outside Ewood.

Alan75-I would tend to agree that fans have been brainwashed, however they

have been brainwashed, due to the success of the 90's, for higher

expectations.

Vinjay-Who gets to post articles on the main page. People like you who do

nothing more than put the club down. Why can't someone who wants to talk the

club up get your role. The brainwashing has been done by Williams. What

other fans in this country would accept hearing no statements of direction

from heir owners?

Go back to 75. You still have the same mindset that you had when Rovers got

promoted that season. I'm supposed to feel a close affiliation with the

likes of you?

You wanna take your head out of the clouds. We need to big up our club and not put it down all the time. Its because of people like you and all the negativiity that we believe we are a small club, we are only a small club if you perceive us to be small. Do you get to Ewood often?

One thing is that is obviously nonsence about vinjay's post is the comparison between our interest in burnley and man city's lack of interest in stockport and everton/liverpools's lack of interest in tranmere.

Both Manchester and liverpool teams have another local premiership team to be their main rivals. We never have had a big local team to dislike, we only have Burnley. I dont care about what any other team does as long as burnley get beat. If vinjay does not get why we are interested in burnley then he is definately not a rovers fan.

I suppose you could say our 'rivals' are Bolton & Wigan these days. Although not so much as them being the Big Local rivalry, just local and more or less the same level?

I'm starting to think that whoever said it was impossible to debate with this guy because he'll pervert everything nonsensically was right. Most of my points have been ignored and I'm simply having words put in my mouth. I never for one second suggested Vinjay go support Villa or Newcastle, nor would I ever suggest such a thing to anybody. What you're forgetting is that the fans ARE a massive portion of the club. No fans, no club. This, and the fact that you claim you're a fan yourself, make your arguments completely paradoxical when you attack the fans. Moreover, you can't just tar all the fan's with the same brush- or any of them with the brush you're using. For one thing, there are undoubtedly some who share your viewpoints. But more to the point, those who don't simply don't deserve your apparent hatred. They have their own views on the matter- they aren't protesting because they don't see a problem. Do you honestly think that if we all felt there was a serious problem, we wouldn't protest? Of course we would. However, as people have pointed out, we're simply aware of the facts. Hughes is a top manager. Might be Ferguson's successor. He's done a stand up job. We've done exceptionally well for ourselves for quite some time now. Recently, teams have continually spent much more than us and done much worse. We are operating within our budget. Williams isn't maliciously withholding funds we secretly have- we make an operating loss almost every year. However, one thing I'll say is it irritates me too when execs give themselves pay rises whilst the company loses money. What shouldn't be ignored though, is that the pay rise in question was also linked with a promotion, and an overall restructuring of the board. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading that, overall, the restructuring exercise had cut costs at the club.

Edit- If I can add, I for one do NOT see this club as a small club. We're not a massive club, but we are without a doubt a big club.

Edited by bluebruce

"Jose's self confident and people who have no confidence in themselves can't stand people like that. As for Rovers having £2.50 to spend I doubt it. The Walkers would not release that much."

Is that all? I was expecting a big scoop there. You don't work for Panorama by any chance, do you?

There are other people on here who are fond of Mourinho, it doesn't mean they support Chelsea. In fact, that post seems more designed to antagonise people on here rather than declare a love for Chelsea.

I've done my research.

Vinjay posted this, jumping to the Chelsea manager's defense, and deriding Rovers in comparison.

My response at the time.

Inconclusive , Shaddy . I can't believe anyone would spend so much time on the subject of the Rov......sorry , Blackburn , if they weren't a supporter .

Good points he made about Burnley , though , in his latest piece .

What a fascinating read. Hope there's a next wave of replies from vinjay to make my day.

"I'm past the stage where I threaten to turn up at BRISA meetings and

jump in the canal if they don't listen. Firstly I came to realise that's

what they would want"

Please please please please please do it anyway. I'll sponsor you.

Mark "spin doctor" Hughes stated recently that the club couldn't "afford"

Mido. Apparently he had too many personal demands. I wonder if those

personal demands included a wish to meet BRFC's owners so they could outline

their ambitions. I expect he was surprised to know taht they never actually

attend matches or even comment prior to the start of the season. You know

before season tickets go on sale? Talking of season tickets going on sake

it's strange that Bellamy was sold after most fans had already renewed.

Williams is nothing but a lieing scumbag. Hughes couldn't give a damn about

Jack Walker. If Jack saw that pathetic display against Man Utd last week he

would be turning in his grave. Hughes is nothing less than Man Utd scum and

I never wanted him in the first place. Tottenham fans wouldn't accept George

Graham. Why should I acept Mark Hughes. Hughes calls hiomself "sparky."

Strange then that he wants to bring in video replays to take any sparks of

controversy out of the game. I've already seen my club lose everything. Why

not ruin the entire game as well?

More responses...

Shaddy-Vinjay likes Mourinho. Somehow this questions his support of

Blackburn Rovers.

Vinjay-I happen to like Mourinho. Don't have to justify why and the fact

that most peope took my side says it all about your pathetic attempt at an

"expose."

Scotty-I can assure you that none of us are trying to make ourselves look

important. As for the "do-gooders" comment, if that's how you want to refer

to us then that's up to you. Personally that doesn't worry me at all - I'd

rather be a "do-gooder" than a "do-badder". We are simply trying to do the

right thing for Rovers supporters.

I'm sure you and Vinjay are one and the same person. Anyway, I've attempted

to answer your points as best as I can. No negativity, no abuse.

Vinjay-You don't really make yourself look like anything as BRISA haven't

exactly had a high profile in the last few months. I was expecting to hear a

statement of ambition from the Walkers before you had your next meeting.

I'm not trying to do the right thing? All I want is this club to show

sufficent ambition and for the Walkers to put the club up for sale. I also

want Williams to resign for lieing to the fans. What's wrong with that?

You keep saying I wasn't banned for my opinions. Well someone comes on the

boards and shares an opinion similar to mine and the individual is

immediately accused of being me. See you just can't stand someone having a

different opinion to you. You preach freedom of speech. You have a public

messageboard and yet you drive people away or force them out. Nobody wants

to take my side because they know that you will just make these types of

accusations. That's why more people haven't registered to side with me.

Blakey-Sometimes i wonder if its just a publicity stunt so that members of

BRISA can prove that they are "true Blackburn fans"

Vinjay-It can't be a publicity stunt. Haven't heard anything from them

(until recently) for about 5 months.

Exiled In Toronto-Can't anyone post anything on this board that goes against

the received wisdom without being accused of being Vinjay, a clarrot or

both? This is getting worse than 1930's Russia.

Vinjay-Can't you see what it is Exiled? It's just a clever tactic

orchestrated by SteB, Glenn and Alan "stuck in" 75. How can you put people

off giving different opinions? Just accuse them of not being Rovers fans.

It's no wonder more people haven't taken my side. I can't believe I haven't

seen through this tactic until now. I usually see through such things

straight away like the "early bird" scheme. I said Williams was going to

sell Bellamy after most season tickets had been renewed. He probably had an

agreement with Liverpool about 3 months beforehand.

BRISA's next objective should be to call for the fans to engage in a mutiny

against Williams. A mutiny against the Walkers. West Ham now have extra

financial strength and an owner who gives a damn. That's what Blackburn

Rovers need.

"Williams is nothing but a lieing scumbag. Hughes couldn't give a damn about

Jack Walker. If Jack saw that pathetic display against Man Utd last week he

would be turning in his grave. Hughes is nothing less than Man Utd scum and

I never wanted him in the first place."

The tiniest bit of credibility you had left has just been shot to pieces with the above quote.

:angry:

You keep saying I wasn't banned for my opinions. Well someone comes on the

boards and shares an opinion similar to mine and the individual is

immediately accused of being me. See you just can't stand someone having a

different opinion to you.

He was never censored or banned for his opinions - only his constant dragging down of unrelated topics. If that WERE the case, his latest rants wouldn't have been posted on here.

Can anyone honestly see him changing? I can't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.