BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Corporation Park

Theno, I have a deal of respect for Paul and his thoughts, and do agree with them from time to time.

Where we disagree is in the moderation of certain parts of this board.

Moi, Let be what wants to be, you don't have to read what is on here.

I'm open, the football side, well that's cut and dried.

The ICBINF, well whatever, as long as it's not libellous or whatever, but, we all have our own .

Having said all that, I haven't got my house or whatever on the line for the sake of a football club fans site, so if Paul says, enough, then , that's good enough for me

edit: Theno, in his previous post made mention to me, ergo my comments above.

Edited by dave birch

Just read this .......

1. can we be informed of the members who want it closed?

I don't think he will mind me saying this ~ MCMC1875 who started the thread

2. If you are reluctant what about informing us of the number of them, furthermore what happens if admin receives MORE requests for it to be kept as it were than you have received to lock it Paul?

I think it fair to say the thread's author should have the casting vote. No doubt that will be used against me in the future. Best bookmark it now.

3. imo whilst the park is delightful during the day the dangers from a variety sources of taking a short cut across at night should not be underestimated. And if making people on here aware of this is a crime then I'm a criminal.

Fine and when you stop referring to homosexuals as queers I'll have a lot more time to listen. I find it downright offensive.

The difficulty with all of this is many people, and I include myself in this, may agree with some of the points you have to make on a wide range of issues. I certainly agree immigration, integration and segregation are massive issues. Equally many people are sick to the back teeth of having the same stuff posted day after day to the extent that it makes the posters seem racist. I don't know if the posters are racist or not, the problem is if people keep banging on in the same manner others will jump to a conclusion. It doesn't need to be discussed on a thread regarding Corporation Park, however you may wish to dress up the point.

My mate's dad had his collar bone broken when jumped on by thugs while walking home through the park (this was in 1974)....

The park is pretty impressive and us locals do appreciate it and its renewal....perhaps the new fences will reduce the level of antisocial behaviour there (although the plans to incorporate a youth 'hanging out' shelter off West Park Road might not help).

What Mid Pennine Arts (with the council's blessing) have done with the Canons though, as part of their 'Panoptican' project, is nothing short of sanctioned vandalism. It's a hideous visual atrocity compounded by the fact that no one could stump up a fraction of the cash a few years ago to save the highly-regarded metal water Tank a few hundred yards away, once Blackburn's highest viewpoint, now sadly demolished.

<Quentin Crisp actually mentioned Corporation Park in one of his many books > 1864roverite

Perhaps a memorial blue plaque could be put up to accompany the one on Lynwood Road for Kathleen Ferrier? ;)

....but then again Paul The Human Rights Act instilled by this inept government would see you up for a court appearance if anyone took offence at your Bolchevistik view at a fellow human beings views !

EVERY person is allowed to have a view about ANYTHING unless the said thing is a matter that will seriously undermine the threat of harm against our country etc etc etc etc

so beware THENO's legal eagles maybe watching :)

....but then again Paul The Human Rights Act instilled by this inept government would see you up for a court appearance if anyone took offence at your Bolchevistik view at a fellow human beings views !

EVERY person is allowed to have a view about ANYTHING unless the said thing is a matter that will seriously undermine the threat of harm against our country etc etc etc etc

so beware THENO's legal eagles maybe watching :)

I'm not sure Bolshevik is quite the word you meant but I get the drift. I'm not stopping anyone expressing views, I couldn't give two hoots about the views expressed because they've been stated so often as to become utterly predictable, for much the same reason I don't read the Express or Mail, I know what is going to be said. I'm just asking it's not done in a thread about Corporation Park.

My mate's dad had his collar bone broken when jumped on by thugs while walking home through the park (this was in 1974)....

The park is pretty impressive and us locals do appreciate it and its renewal....perhaps the new fences will reduce the level of antisocial behaviour there (although the plans to incorporate a youth 'hanging out' shelter off West Park Road might not help).

What Mid Pennine Arts (with the council's blessing) have done with the Canons though, as part of their 'Panoptican' project, is nothing short of sanctioned vandalism. It's a hideous visual atrocity compounded by the fact that no one could stump up a fraction of the cash a few years ago to save the highly-regarded metal water Tank a few hundred yards away, once Blackburn's highest viewpoint, now sadly demolished.

<Quentin Crisp actually mentioned Corporation Park in one of his many books > 1864roverite

Perhaps a memorial blue plaque could be put up to accompany the one on Lynwood Road for Kathleen Ferrier? ;)

The fences will only be for decorative purposes if the Brantfell Road boundary is left unfenced. Can't fathom that one out.

I have heavily edited this thread, apologies to anyone who is offended by this. I'd say we've reached an all time low when a thread concerning the rejuvenation of a Blackburn public park has to be edited by admin and we receive requests for it to be locked.

There is a thread in which admin allows discusion on more sensitive topics. How much longer that continues remains to be seen. Meanwhile anyone who takes this thread back in the previous direction, e.g Blackburn's population make-up, will find their posting severly restricted. I won't be getting into any discussions on freedom of speech, nor am I going to put up with a tirade aimed at admin/mods and the running of the MB, so don't even go there please. This is a football message board, other subjects are tolerated, nothing more or less.

Rip (mumble Linekar *@%%@&), Rent (hiss grrr EWOOD bloody Park now grrrr ), Rip (mumble gnashing of teeth), Tear (hiss BBC *@%*@) :angry: ,

Hello? Whats that sound on a bright and sunny monday morning somewhere in Lancashire? :huh: Could it be a badger foraging for a snack in the undergrowth? Or maybe a fox breaking into a hen cabin? Maybe even a grey squirrel rumaging through the attic?

.....or maybe it's one of our esteemed leaders ripping up 3 BRFC season tickets in fury and rage after the BBC and BRFC displayed superb timing by openly daring to recognise and discuss Blackburns racial issues on National TV no less! Also bringing racial issues and the state of community relations between muslims and non muslims in our town into the national spotlight via it's weekly flagship football show? Whatever next eh?

:lol:

Perfect timing. :rolleyes: Somehow a mental pic of that permanently angry bowler-hatted character with sussies on as invented by Kenny Everett just won't go away!

Edited by thenodrog

Doesn't suit your cretinous world for whites and Asians to be living happily alongside each other does it ?

People ask why there aren't many Asian supporters at Ewood and there is the club actively trying to encourage Asian youngsters.

I thought it was an excellent little featurette by Match of the Day spoilt only by the obligatory views of terraced houses.

Doesn't suit your cretinous world for whites and Asians to be living happily alongside each other does it ?

People ask why there aren't many Asian supporters at Ewood and there is the club actively trying to encourage Asian youngsters.

I thought it was an excellent little featurette by Match of the Day spoilt only by the obligatory views of terraced houses.

btw Have you just got up John? You appear to have missed the intentional irony and humour. Please try to keep up.

btw 2 Point of order there. The term cretinous is not nice. Look it up.

Rip (mumble Linekar *@%%@&), Rent (hiss grrr EWOOD bloody Park now grrrr ), Rip (mumble gnashing of teeth), Tear (hiss BBC *@%*@) :angry: ,

Hello? Whats that sound on a bright and sunny monday morning somewhere in Lancashire? :huh: Could it be a badger foraging for a snack in the undergrowth? Or maybe a fox breaking into a hen cabin? Maybe even a grey squirrel rumaging through the attic?

.....or maybe it's one of our esteemed leaders ripping up 3 BRFC season tickets in fury and rage after the BBC and BRFC displayed superb timing by openly daring to recognise and discuss Blackburns racial issues on National TV no less! Also bringing racial issues and the state of community relations between muslims and non muslims in our town into the national spotlight via it's weekly flagship football show? Whatever next eh?

:lol:

Perfect timing. :rolleyes: Somehow a mental pic of that permanently angry bowler-hatted character with sussies on as invented by Kenny Everett just won't go away!

If these ramblings are aimed at me, I haven't a clue what you are talking about. You'll have to explain.

BTW I have four STs

If these ramblings are aimed at me, I haven't a clue what you are talking about. You'll have to explain.

BTW I have four STs

Four sexually transmitteds ?? No wonder you like that bleedin' park so much. :)

Took the kids there today, get some fresh air into 'em. Christ - sub zero temperatures and a wind of biblical proportions, it's difficult pushing the kids on the swings as small shrubs and branches fly past your noggin.

Edited by adopted scouser

Went on Sunday. Give it a 2nd chance.

Cold, Very!

Fed the ducks and various wildfoul. ( untill a dog not on a lead scared them back into the water )

In 20 mins on what has to be said was a bitterly cold day with sqwally showers.

1, ignorant ahole dog owner.

1, asian in a hoody

1, old woman with a sctty dog ( on lead )

1, gay curiser

and us ( young couple out for a romatic stroll and to feed the ducks ).

Overall impression, yep , they and put effort in the maintenance of the park. I hope it is patrolled and adminsitered properly to make it safe.

Early 60s late july , 15 year old lad , just started workin at mill and first pay packet in pocket. Decides to take his new girlfriend up park for a romantic row on the lake , and a stroll around the after (Carolyn 18 gorgeous and too classy for me).

Everythin going better than I hoped.

As the sun was setting we ended up in the bushes and me thinkin it was xmas. All of a sudden the bushes part and a guy is stood there giving himself some attention .

After leaving in a hurry we get to the park gate and some young thug probably ex Audley secondary modern jump out cracks me with a lump of wood takes my wallet and Carolyns purse and legs it.

"And you telt young people today and they wouldnt believe you"

Now I know it was only Queens and not Corporation park but to my mind thats parks the world over.

• 1 year later...

Thompson Park in Burnley....

thompson_park.jpg

But what should be a place of tranquility has sadly been disfigured by violence. A lake has had to be drained by police after reports of a fight at the park, where 40 to 50 people were gathered on Tuesday lunchtime. The fight culminated in a man being stabbed to death.

It's bad enough when you get yobs throwing bottles on a Saturday night in the town centre, but when groups of yobs start causing trouble in broad daylight in a park, then you know things are going downhill.

Man stabbed to death in park fight

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

Is your life totally ruled by the tabloid press?

Even your posts start with headlines. You need to get out more ASEF, really, get a healthy hobby.

I remember a fight on Corporation Park of about 200 people, it was in 1994 (ish) does that count?

Mayor: Now Drebin, I don't want any trouble like you had on the South Side like last year, that's my policy.

Frank: Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in front of a full view of 100 people, I shoot the @#/?s, that's my policy.

Mayor: That was a Shakesphere In The Park Production of Julius Caesar, you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones!

Thompson Park in Burnley....

thompson_park.jpg

The fight culminated in a man being stabbed to death.

Man stabbed to death in park fight

What a sad state of affairs regarding the reporting of this and another local piece of news in todays Lancashire Telegraph. Tucked away on page two with a relatively small headline is the report on the above fatal stabbing. The paper somehow decides to give front page headlines to a halfwit from Blackburn, who, after a row with his wife, decides to sleep in a garden shed which culminates in him suffering from frostbite. Unbelievable.

Well they can't afford to incur the wrath of the natives , CLB , with negative publicity .........as well as the many idiots who might complain about "tabloid" or Daily Mail style headlines .

It's a fine line they have to tread these days ....... :closedeyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.