SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton V Blackburn

Eddie

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good enough very poor performance i honestly think we should get ready for a relegation scrap, if we dont beat newcastle we will defanatly be spending big in january.

friedel

emerton zurab nelsen warnock

bentley dunn savage reid

mccarhty ( a half decent striker)

Worst bloody £80 I've ever won.

Had £2 at 10/1 and then another £2 at 30/1 just after Henchoz brought them down for the free kick.

Was Friedel at fault for goal??

Edited by Hasta

Well that's just crowned a bloody awful day. Thanks Rovers for cheering a man up when he's down.

I'm off to bed and probably won't sleep. Had the nightmare already.

What a day.

Englands demise and Rovers lose bloody typical

And for all those Carolina Panther fans (....just me then :P ). Almost team I support has laid down and died within 24 hours (The Oakland Athletics are on their offseason, otherwise I'm sure they'd have followed suit).

It's days like this where I hate sport.

As for the game, well by the sounds of it they fully deserved it. Once again we failed to turn up and the front two were non-existant.

Sounds like we defended badly, made park football amateurish mistakes at the back and had a non existent strike force. Not a good recipe and so similar to Boro this time last year. I wonder what that result will mean come May?

Just how does a manager motivate this lot from such a limited squad?

Edited by thenodrog

Positive post alert !!!

If anyone really does think we are really in the mire I suggest you take the double figure odds on us being relegated that are available on Betfair as 'financial compensation'.

However, in order to try and put a stop to the total doom and gloom the fact we've lost to the bottom of the league only confirms that away from home we're poor.

Fortunately I strongly believe that we've shown enough at home to get points from most teams. I'd be amazed if we didn't pick up enough points from our remaining home games to ease the pressure of the away form. Having watched most games on Sky closely recently I still think theres a lot of bad sides in the Prem that can throw shocking performances like the one we did tonight.

I also believe that, regardless of who we sign in the transfer window, the return of Roberts, Nelson and Reid around late January time will add freshness and a return to the strong spine of the team we are so badly lacking at present. This will hopefully mean to decent away form once again, more points and everyting being rosy in the garden of Ewood.

This isnt working is it?

Bugger. Where's my whisky.

Edited by Hasta

[quote name='AggyBlue' date='Dec 5 2006, 23:14 '

At one point Nonda gave up on a pass that both commentators insisted he could have got.

No player ever gives up on a pass at the Fraser Eagle Stadium- come on down and see 110% tryers. I know how you are all hurting tonight - break free like I did years ago!

It's quite clear over several months that things are not right on the training ground.

Week after week we hear the following problems that the team have:-

1)Cannot defend corners.

2)Cannot defend free kicks

3)Cannot defend throw-ins

4)Lose concentration (Which, incidentally, I don't believe)

5)Don't pick up loose opponents when defending

6)Keep giving the ball away

7)Can't take good enough corners

8)Don't take scoring chances

And watching them at Ewood is frustrating because they are so slow at turning defence into attack.

Crystal Palace with Wright and Bright some years ago springs to mind as an example of how it should be done.

They haven't played well all season IMO.

Much as I like Hughes as manager, I think it's about time he realised that something's wrong in the tactics part of the training. Get it sorted, Sparky. If your backroom staff can't do it then change some personnel.

Todays performance shows that we need a pacey striker or atleast a pacey player in the team, there is no one in the team with pace. The amount of pressure Charlton put on was too much to cope for our defenders, we just had to counter attack, but we have Shabani Nonda who cant really run to be honest, he has'nt replaced Bellamy. Last season in the same game we were 1-0 up, they came out in the 2nd half with the same amount of pressure, but we had Bellamy, he ran down the field, passed it to a winger, i think it was Pedersen and then ran back into the box and bang, game over!

Absoloutely gutted. Bad day for me too...fly home from scorching Tenerife to freezing England and when you need a pick up Rovers again do their utmost to bring you crashing back down to earth. God we need January to come..Lacklustre and lack of concentration just about sum up our Premiership season so far.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.