BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "impossible" Rovers- Question

Seem to remember a screamer going over the bar at Tranmere in the draw which ended our losing run.

:brfc:B)

the crossbar incident was at the BBE.

I remember the Tranmere game, we had the annual brick thru the coach window...never failed to miss on every visit to that hole of a ground.

Edited by preston blue

Got to be Marlon Broomes then

I'm a little confused- how is it not Reid? He's English- your nationality isn't decided by what country you play for, or most of the country wouldn't have a nationality. And he's played at RB for us. Can someone tell me how that's wrong?

He plays for Ireland which might rule him out.

Bit of a strange question.

I don't think you read what I just put. The question said 'is ENGLISH', it didn't say anything about who they play for. Reid plays for Ireland, but nonetheless, he IS English.

I *did* read what you just wrote.

I agree that he is English, but for the purposes of the question presumably he is Irish as otherwise it would be too easy.

But then again, I think it is a poorly-defined question. Why is Marlon Broomes ruled out for not being a "regular", when the question doesn't require someone to have played in defence regularly, just that they have played. If that wasn't the case, then it would've been made explicit. Perhaps they mean someone who was a defender who regularly played there? Which rules reid out on both counts.

Perhaps if the question made sense it would be relatively easy to answer.

Edited by Bryan

It’s either Mickey Gray or Andre Ooijer (Ooijer being Dutch for Orange of course). It’s a tough one and no mistake. I’ll say it’s Ooijer.

Hang on, he plays for Holland. Darn it. It must be Marlon Broomes. Or Chris Coleman.

Actually, I’ve no idea.

I *did* read what you just wrote.

I agree that he is English, but for the purposes of the question presumably he is Irish as otherwise it would be too easy.

But then again, I think it is a poorly-defined question. Why is Marlon Broomes ruled out for not being a "regular", when the question doesn't require someone to have played in defence regularly, just that they have played. If that wasn't the case, then it would've been made explicit. Perhaps they mean someone who was a defender who regularly played there? Which rules reid out on both counts.

Perhaps if the question made sense it would be relatively easy to answer.

I don't see how that'd make it too easy, since most people will just presume Reid is Irish, and think of him as a midfielder. Seems to me just as likely to be a set up for a trick question as the Gray thing.

However, I think it must be around the Broomes period on reflection. Because the most obvious answer, if it was quite a bit after Broomes, would just be to say 'later than that', rather than discount him for not being a regular.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.