BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "impossible" Rovers- Question

A few months back a fellow Rovers-supporter in Norway asked me a question, that he had the answer to. I did't. I have asked around for a long time now, but I CANNOT find the answer anywhere! Maybe you could help me!?

* Who is the last Blackburn-player who was ENGLISH, played in the DEFENCE, in the Premier League and was COLORED? NOT Marlon Broomes, as he never was a regular in the PL. He told me it was AFTER 94/95, but I'm not so sure...

I find this impossible... Anyone?

Coleman is Welsh.

Which doesn't really matter. Anyway the question doesn't say 'regular', so Broomes. Or with some fact fiddling, Reid might be 'Irish', but he's obviously English (Born in greater london, only qualifies for Ireland through grandparents, even represented England at junior levels). And he has played at full back for us, right?

Edited by bluebruce

We've answered his question...... its RICHARD BROWN

Except a) Calm down and don't be so self righteous, and B) markatkinsbaldpatch reckons you're wrong, and I've an alternative slant on it which so far I don't see a fault with.

in the Premier League and was COLORED? NOT Marlon Broomes

Pretty sure it's Marlon Broomes, I remember talking to him in a pub in Southampton just after we had played them and i am 99% sure he played that day, i think we drew 3-3, but i could be wrong.

A few months back a fellow Rovers-supporter in Norway asked me a question, that he had the answer to. I did't. I have asked around for a long time now, but I CANNOT find the answer anywhere! Maybe you could help me!?

* Who is the last Blackburn-player who was ENGLISH, played in the DEFENCE, in the Premier League and was COLORED? NOT Marlon Broomes, as he never was a regular in the PL. He told me it was AFTER 94/95, but I'm not so sure...

I find this impossible... Anyone?

I think your friend meant 'coloured' literally. If so, it's michael GRAY, with the pun on his surname as it is phonetically identical with the colour 'GREY'. If however your friend meant 'coloured' as in coloured skin, then marlon broomes is probably your best bet.

I think SteB has already answered the question.

Oooooh! SteB said "Gray" which is not a colour (except in the US where it is a variant spelling.) "Grey" is.

I'd go for Richard Brown who was both black and had a name the same as a colour. He was rubbish, but he did once score an absolute screamer for 30 yards. Darned if I can remember the game.

Oooooh! SteB said "Gray" which is not a colour (except in the US where it is a variant spelling.) "Grey" is.

I'd go for Richard Brown who was both black and had a name the same as a colour. He was rubbish, but he did once score an absolute screamer for 30 yards. Darned if I can remember the game.

he missed with that screamer; it hit the crossbar I remember, he then fell to his knees in exasperation!

he missed with that screamer; it hit the crossbar I remember, he then fell to his knees in exasperation!

Mike Jackman has him scoring no goals with his time with us 1990 - 1995 so it's probably my imagination.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.