BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

It's probably been mentioned, but I'm not searching through 19 pages to find the relevant comments. ;)

Battlestar Galactica, what a great show. Everything is top notch - acting, directing, writing. I'm on the last episode of season 3 now, thanks to TV Links. It's compelling viewing and has me absolutely hooked.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I watched Heroes as well, it was really good.Two episodes,i think they were repeats.I think Monday night is the first showing.

It was a bit confusing at first , but i think i'm gripped now.With that and Primeval, that's two good shows ,i'm enjoying.

I just want Dr Who back now........I just love Dr Who.

I cant believe that there are only 2 posts on Heroes, which up to now has managed to displace (an admittably poor 24 s6) as the must watch program. Even featured a previous doctor for a few episodes.

Hopefully it wont suffer from second season blues.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ May 9 2007, 00:50 ) 511361[/snapback]
I cant believe that there are only 2 posts on Heroes, which up to now has managed to displace (an admittably poor 24 s6) as the must watch program. Even featured a previous doctor for a few episodes.

Just finished watching episode 21. Absolutely fabulous program, one that I actually can't wait for each week.

House is top drawer. It's been on 5, Hallmark and various other random sky channels so I've just about seen them all now. Series one is the best, with so many belly laughs that it is actually getting painful to watch. Hugh Lawrie is absolutely excellent in it.

I've been watching the latest episodes of The Sopranos. Best. Show. Ever.

Although i like the show, seen them all. I always think its slightly overated. Alot of episodes are pure filler, and if you notice not alot happens quite a few episodes in a row. Coupled with the fact there doesnt seem to ever be a central theme or plot.

Shows like Prison Break, Lost and 24 completely blow it out of the water if you ask me

The lack of 'action' is sort of the point. The strength is in the writing and the acting. It's intelligent, dramatic televison and is vastly superior to the likes of Prison Break, Lost and 24 (the latter two are particular favourites of mine). The same could be said of The Wire yet both it and The Sopranos are widely regarded as the best television shows around.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ May 9 2007, 00:50 ) 511361[/snapback]

Someone mentioned this in work yesterday, any good ? Do you download episodes that have already aired in the states ?

The lack of 'action' is sort of the point. The strength is in the writing and the acting. It's intelligent, dramatic televison and is vastly superior to the likes of Prison Break, Lost and 24 (the latter two are particular favourites of mine). The same could be said of The Wire yet both it and The Sopranos are widely regarded as the best television shows around.

I agree, its one of the only drama shows that I watch without fail. Maybe even the only one

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ May 9 2007, 00:50 ) 511361[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I cant believe that there are only 2 posts on Heroes, which up to now has managed to displace (an admittably poor 24 s6) as the must watch program. Even featured a previous doctor for a few episodes.

Someone mentioned this in work yesterday, any good ? Do you download episodes that have already aired in the states ?

I wouldnt ever do a thing like that ;) Episode 20 (5 Years later) however is one of the best bits of telly i've watched in ages, but dont really want to give any spoilers if I can help it.

Coming to BBC2 soon for those without Sky.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ May 9 2007, 12:44 ) 511429[/snapback]
I wouldnt ever do a thing like that ;) Episode 20 (5 Years later) however is one of the best bits of telly i've watched in ages, but dont really want to give any spoilers if I can help it.

You won't get any spoilers from me Ste :lol:

Any road up, a good mate of mine is downloading episodes one to five as we speak.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ May 9 2007, 12:44 ) 511429[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldnt ever do a thing like that ;) Episode 20 (5 Years later) however is one of the best bits of telly i've watched in ages, but dont really want to give any spoilers if I can help it.

I think the show is brilliant,it showed all the episodes again on Bank Holiday Monday, but like Prison Break, if you miss a few episodes it gets hard to keep pace with the plot.I haven't got Sky at moment,except for the sprts channels, so shows like Heroes, Supernatural, C.S.I, and Shark keep me entertained.I'll have to just do witthout Lost and 24 for now.I wish Sky one would buy Big Brother :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Thanks to a certain moderating asian taxi driver on here, I'm hooked on 'Heroes'. Up to episode 15 now, have I passed the sci fi channel yet ?

Every episode seems to have an "aww f*** off" moment in it (accompanied by a big smile) :rover: I mean, Hiro's Dad !

Brilliant television.

Archived