BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Night on Telly I Watched.....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anone catch Lost? (Charlie - Greatest Hits)

Had a couple of references to the region in it - Clitheroe and Butlins. In fact, his dad is Scottish and Desmond was shouted at the pool - there was/is a Butlins in Ayrshire isn't there?

I've been watching series 6 of The Shield. Anyone who hasn't watched this, check out the first episode of series one. If it doesn't blow you away, then don't watch more. Definitely a show that starts off on a high.

Bump

Thanks to a certain moderating asian taxi driver on here, I'm hooked on 'Heroes'. Up to episode 15 now, have I passed the sci fi channel yet ?

Every episode seems to have an "aww f*** off" moment in it (accompanied by a big smile) :rover: I mean, Hiro's Dad !

Brilliant television.

Anyone watched the final episode yet? I thought it was a big anti-climax with too many "eh?" moments. Still a great series and now on to the summer "mini-episodes".

Didn't his Life On Mars colleagues give the game away in one of their interviews as to who Mister Saxon really is?

It's neither been confirmed nor denied. A lot of red herrings will still be trawled I guess.

Quite possibly Saxon is who many suspect, but how we arrive there is clearly being mapped more closely than Bad Wolf (created by accident as a theme) or Torchwood (was too blatant whilst trying to be subtle). At least the Saxon theme is clearly in your face and out-to-get-the-Doctor but in a consistent time frame.

Incidentally, really looking forward to this Saturday's episode.

It's neither been confirmed nor denied. A lot of red herrings will still be trawled I guess.

Quite possibly Saxon is who many suspect, but how we arrive there is clearly being mapped more closely than Bad Wolf (created by accident as a theme) or Torchwood (was too blatant whilst trying to be subtle). At least the Saxon theme is clearly in your face and out-to-get-the-Doctor but in a consistent time frame.

Well I like the theorists who use the anagram of "Mister Saxon" to figure out who he is.

Can't even remember what this weeks episode is going to be!

Anyone watched the final episode yet? I thought it was a big anti-climax with too many "eh?" moments. Still a great series and now on to the summer "mini-episodes".

I have and I thought it was great, although you could sort of see how the climax would play out before it happened. It asked a few big new questions, like who this big bad guy that we haven't seen yet is...

OK, so spoilers.....don't read on if you haven't seen it yet.

Sucks that Sylar survived, cool character and all but he's had his arc already imo and should have died. Oh and since Niki came close to Peter in the fight we'll probably see Nathan again next season, as part of Peter's personality. The same as Niki/Jessica perhaps.

I have and I thought it was great, although you could sort of see how the climax would play out before it happened. It asked a few big new questions, like who this big bad guy that we haven't seen yet is...

OK, so spoilers.....don't read on if you haven't seen it yet.

The end to the season was pretty good but the Hiro bit for the build up to the summer shorts was a very strange addition to the end of a fairly dark episode.

SEMI SPOLIER ALERT: DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET.

On the main ending, and trying not to give too much away..... Why did Clare freeze when she knows Peter can't die?, Why didn't Peter fly himself? and why didn't Sylar stop Hiro when he had about half an hour to react?

MORE POSSIBLE SPOILERS, DON'T READ ON!

Well, considering Clair is supposed to be 16/17 and she clearly had a special connection with Peter, he saved her and he's her family. So that shooting him would be to much I can see. Of course, you could say why not just shoot him and dig the bullet out of his brain later, and he should heal up...but we don't know that for sure. It was established that hit at a particular point would effectively kill him (and also Claire...both had been dead during the season remember). As for the flying bit, it's not established that Peter has mastered his powers to a degree that he can use two or more at the same time. He did seem to be able to do this the alternate future episode so maybe he will learn in time. Also, it could be that he had to focus so much on not blowing up that he couldn't do anything else even if he wanted to. As for Hiro and Sylar, I really don't know. Maybe Sylar's ego made him think that Hiro wouldn't be able to touch him. He was a psychopath after all. As for Nathan, he will return next season apparently...the only question is how. Maybe he let Peter go and got away before he blew up? He seemed to be able to go supersonic after all, he could have got away from there.

No, for it to be Sylar he would have to kill the girl that could create illusions, which he didn't. He'd also have to kill Nathan to be able to fly. I don't think they'd do both of those killings off screen between seasons.

Can't even remember what this weeks episode is going to be!

Possibly my favourite episode since the programme's return. Thought it was simply awesome.

Last night I watched the F word. I have to say that the competition to win the chance to cook at Claridges for the day is probably the worst part of teh show.

What I do like is the way that the show does not pussy foot around sensitive issues, it does not pander to political correctness and calls a spade a spade. So far he has hunted deer, selected his own sheep to grow and kill then eat and last night Janet Street Porter did a good piece on Foie Gras.

I find it to be quite refreshing. There is no attempt to put up any distinctions between the animal in the field and the meal on the table. A real breath of fresh air.

last night on telly i watched the news!

and caught up with all my sky plussed stuff from the bank holiday weekend, lost, south park, hollyoaks, dream team, 'stenders etc

I thought the lost season finale was very good. This series has got better and better, as susual some questions answered, but a lot more posed. I'll not post any spoilers yet in case people have to catch up.

Cant wait for season 4. Its not out until February :(

agreed yoyo, season 3 finale was the best episode yet (of all 3 series')

wont discuss it further for a few more days incase people have still to watch it on sky+ or sky anytime!

i look forward to hearing what other peoples opinions are on whats next for them!

agreed yoyo, season 3 finale was the best episode yet (of all 3 series')

wont discuss it further for a few more days incase people have still to watch it on sky+ or sky anytime!

i look forward to hearing what other peoples opinions are on whats next for them!

CAn't say but saw it last night and it made my jaw drop. What an truly excellent TV show.

Saw the latest two Dr Who's back to back (was away last weekend and didnt get chance to watch it) boy they were rather good, especially when watched as a whole episode instead of two a week apart

Archived