BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

Baz

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers have confirmed Savage broke his leg tonight in a horrendous tackle with a Watford player

I dunno Baz, it didn't look like too bad of a tackle when I saw it. Looked like a combination of clipping his leg and the landing that did it.

Big blow for us either way

I dunno Baz, it didn't look like too bad of a tackle when I saw it. Looked like a combination of clipping his leg and the landing that did it.

Big blow for us either way

I thought it was a cowards tackle - over the top of the ball - Dermot Gallacher didnt even give us a free-kick!

Need to start looking for some cover till end of the season at least. Mokoena again proved he's not up to the job.

Could everyone please go to the reserves tomorrow, and if anyone looks like they might LIKE to tackle Dunny, go on and hit them with an umbrella. In fact if we could hire a couple of fit bodyguards so that he can get fit and stay away from injuries, so much the better.

Jesus. This is literally the worst thing that could have happend. I'm not sure even an injury to McCarthy could screw us over as much...

We absolutely have to buy a midfielder now of the tackling variety. I suppose the small silver lining is that we are still in the transfer window.

I believe Warnock started in central midfield at Liverpool. Might just have a new career there.

I'm pretty sure he played that position when he was on loan at Bradford City a few seasons ago, but he's never played there at a higher level as far as I know. Still, needs must.

What an awful night its been.

It was the sort of injury a player like Savage is going to pick up - you can't really attach any blame to the Watford player.

Sav's first touch was poor and the ball ran away from him, but as is his style he went after it 100% as Bangura was coming in the other way at 100%. One of those.

It's a massive blow when added to losing Ooijer and Neill. Three of the most influential figures in the dressing room gone in three days.

This sort of crap only happens to Rovers fans.

Unluckiest team in the league without question.

Five long term injuries in one season to first team players. If this was Chelski, L'Arse, Man Utd or Liverpool the press would be all over it. As it's little old Blackburn they couldn't give two hoots. We're in trouble now, central midfield was already our weakest position, now it's threadbare.

Unluckiest team in the league without question.

erm, look at newcastle. Given is out yet again.

This has just destroyed my night, a 2-1 defeat i could have taken but this is a hammer blow that will not only see us fail to progress much further in both cup competitions but the league as well. We now need to sign 2 midfielders, i don't really care who but the Axe is blunt and we can only hope dunn stays fit for the rest of the season. Otherwise we are looking to peter, gally and youths to provide the soul and spirit of the team which is not going to be easy to do.

Gutted for Sav as well, i just hope he's the same after the injury.

S p o t o n !

Friedel, McCarthy, Bentley, Gamst Pedersen - they're all replaceable. Robbie Savage is not.

I guess you are being sarcastic.

My point is that we have half decent cover for all those players - Peter, Dunn, Derbyshire, Gallagher all have thier failings but I think they could do a job. For Robbie we have Mokoena who is absolutely dire. And Savage is the heartbeat of the side, he gets everybody going. WIthout him we could well lose our focus.

If we had someone of the standard of, say, Derbyshire (not brilliant by any stretch but offers a lot) standing by then maybe I would of been less dramatic.

As it is we are in real trouble. Our side cannot function without a ball winner in the middle.

The tackle that caused the broken leg was just accidental. However, Watford played like a bunch of thugs tonight overall. Their tackles were awful and the referee gave EVERY decision their way. The free kick that led to their goal was given against Pedersen for absolutely sod all.

I'm disgusted, the game was disgraceful, mainy due to the amount of hoofing of the ball both sides had to do because the pitch looked like the Somme. No wonder the Axe played over Tugay, but the fact that he was worse than he usually is made things even more depressing.

We're in real trouble without Savage, there's no adequate replacement for him in our squad. Reserves or otherwise.

I think some of you are being far too dismissive of the tackle. i thought it was awful and the Watford player made no attempt at all to go for the ball. Would have been interesting to see the reaction if it had been the other way round.

Get fit again soon Sav.

It was the sort of injury a player like Savage is going to pick up - you can't really attach any blame to the Watford player.

Sav's first touch was poor and the ball ran away from him, but as is his style he went after it 100% as Bangura was coming in the other way at 100%. One of those.

Absolute rubbish, watch it again, it was a horrific studs up over the top tackle tackle, it was only because Savage didn't make any meal of it whatsoever the Watford player escaped censure.

Was it entirely coincidental that another of our "star" players, McCarthy got kicked off the pitch as well, it was like a between the legs foul blow in the WWE!.

Could be a season ending moment for us depending on how we replace or compensate for the loss of Savage.

I don't think the tackle was all that bad, but he did raise his foot a bit too much, and he was clearly second best.

Watford played on their strenghts, we of all people should aknowledge that. They will still be relegated though, what a bunch of no-talent-hardworkers.

I've regained some of my sense now, admittedly I absolutely lost it for a second when Savage and McCarthy got injured and they scored right after.

Archived