BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucash Neill

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Lucas Neill could have been preparing this week for the biggest game in club football - a Champions League final between Liverpool and Milan. He claimed to be a Liverpool fan as a kid and said that as a youngster he had posters of Dalglish and Rush on his wall.

But instead of playing in Athens on Wednesday night in the biggest club game in Europe this year, Lucash instead chose 70 grand a week and a relegation battle with West Ham, which the Hammers fortuitously survived thanks in no small part to the disgraceful lack of balls from the tribunal which refused to deduct points from West Ham.

(It was also partly due to the divine intervention of Mr Devine, the ref's assistant with the x-ray vision, who flagged for a West Ham goal that never was against Rovers at Ewood in March. I really feel that justice hasn't been done this season and it was a black day for football when West Ham survived in the Premiership.)

Going back to Liverpool, Rafa Benitez says that he spoke to Neill about a transfer to Anfield, but Lucash denies this.

Link: Benitez: "Lucas didn't speak the truth."

"He knows that isn't true," says Benitez. So who do we believe - the manager of Liverpool or the greedy Aussie footballer looking to justify his exorbitant wages ?

His pockets bulging with money - no wonder the greedy bugger is smiling....

Lucas-Neill.jpg

"People have questioned why I signed for West Ham and not Liverpool but I don't understand that," said Neill. "West Ham have produced people like Martin Peters, Trevor Brooking and Billy Bonds over the years. If West Ham was good enough for those guys, then it's good enough for me," he said.

What happened to Lucas Neill's desire to play on the biggest stage? Is he not bothered about missing out on a Champions League final on Wednesday night ? Perhaps it's more important to him that he's playing for the same club as his idol Billy Bonds....

As Steve Birtwell, of the Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Association, told the press in March: "Had he gone to Liverpool to play in the Champions League we would have given him some stick but we would have accepted it. But to accept £70,000 a week from West Ham, who were obviously going to be in a relegation battle, makes him a mercenary.

As Mr Birtwell rightly said: "We pay our hard-earned money to watch our team and he does something like that - it's everything that's wrong in the game."

Mr Birtwell deserves a pint....

Maybe but he is nowhere near the same sized piece of ###### that is Bellamy, Hendry, Shearer et al .... and most of all Barry 'skunk head' Ferguson.

With the possible exception of Ferguson, do you care to explain TND?

Maybe but he is nowhere near the same sized piece of ###### that is Bellamy, Hendry, Shearer et al .... and most of all Barry 'skunk head' Ferguson.

:lol: I was just about to ask the same thing

I'm confused!

Isn't it obvious? They all broke their own promises to the club except Lucas Neill. I was brought up in a time when a handshake was your bond. What is confusing about expecting someone to keep their own word?

Isn't it obvious? They all broke their own promises to the club except Lucas Neill. I was brought up in a time when a handshake was your bond. What is confusing about expecting someone to keep their own word?

Yes but lucas neill is an easy target because he wanted to further his career, only to take a step backwards. Your point is dead on but shearer still recieved boo's around ewood.

Footballers are told what to say by their agents and respective clubs for legal and footballing reasons and it's pretty obvious that Rovers and the players agent instigated what Bellamy had to say at the time. Also, Shearer was allegedly advised by Rovers to keep it quiet about Newcastle for legal reasons. As for Hendry, he wanted to play for his boyhood team at the end of his career, which isnt exactly worthy of your comments on him.

Ferguson was different, he just couldn't hack being an ordinary player in a grown ups league.

Just face it, players cannot win either way. They keep their mouth shut, they get hammered. They speak openly and they get hammered!

what about sven? he had a gentlemans agreement!

contracts, handshakes, brown paper bags, agents, it's all about the money at the end of the day, no1 to look after.

Lucas Neill let the club that was paying his wages know of his inentions at all stages, the others didnt.

Also, Shearer was allegedly advised by Rovers to keep it quiet about Newcastle for legal reasons.

Jack Walker was still trying to talk Shearer into staying the weekend before he signed for Newcastle. I'd like to think Shearer kept quiet because he was torn between stopping at Ewood or going to play for his boyhood idols. Unfortunately it may have been a case that he was deciding whether to join Newcastle or Man Utd.

Also, Shearer was allegedly advised by Rovers to keep it quiet about Newcastle for legal reasons. As for Hendry, he wanted to play for his boyhood team at the end of his career, which isnt exactly worthy of your comments on him.

Ferguson was different, he just couldn't hack being an ordinary player in a grown ups league.

Just face it, players cannot win either way. They keep their mouth shut, they get hammered. They speak openly and they get hammered!

Rumour has it that Shearer shook Jacks hand on staying at ewood the day before he announced that he was off to the mags.

Hendry had signed a new contract weeks before he announced that he was off to Rangers. btw never mind boyhood heroes, (I'm sick to death of that excuse) Hendry was paid a fortune by Rangers.

imo Ferguson, his agent and other parties arranged the 'lets legally defraud BRFC out of millions scam' from the start.

Boyhood heroes my arse!

Didn't Bill Fox put Don Mackay on a new rolling contract when he realised that Jack Walker wanted him out of there? So the immediate impression was that Blackburn had decided to keep him on, but the reality was that they were about to fire him and Fox was just making sure his mate pocketed some of the Walker cash.

Contracts mean nothing, and as for players disrespecting the fans by not making it clear that they have no emotional connection to the club, well, I don't think they owe us anything. A few bad games and people are on their backs anyway. Leave for their own reasons after playing consistently well for five years and they get treated like crap when they return.

Boyhood heroes my arse!

I couldnt disagree with you more. If Alan Shearer wanted the lime light and tropies then he would have simply joined Man U. Twice they came in for him and twice he turned them down.

Shearer did goto the Newcastle because he supports them 100% Fair play to him I say. Thats how things should be done.

I couldnt disagree with you more. If Alan Shearer wanted the lime light and tropies then he would have simply joined Man U. Twice they came in for him and twice he turned them down.

Shearer did goto the Newcastle because he supports them 100% Fair play to him I say. Thats how things should be done.

Yet another media myth about St Alan. Shearer was desperate to go to Man Utd but, (as is well known in these parts) when Jack realised that he couldn't hold him, he told AS that he could go........anywhere but United. Incidentally this was confirmed a couple of years later by Henning Berg, when he left for Old Trafford.

Incidentally this was confirmed a couple of years later by Henning Berg, when he left for Old Trafford.

I thought Shearer himself also confirmed it?

On the Hendry situation - I thought it was other events that determined his move to Rangers? <_<

Coin Hendry playing away (in a non-playing at Highfield Road on Saturday sense)? Some women have odd tastes. Fancy going for the missin member of Status Quo.

Still, one of the best stories of this kind was that Kevin davies didn't have tonsilitis during the 1st season here, but had an infection of a more personal nature. Of course this is just a story.

Yet another media myth about St Alan. Shearer was desperate to go to Man Utd but, (as is well known in these parts) when Jack realised that he couldn't hold him, he told AS that he could go........anywhere but United. Incidentally this was confirmed a couple of years later by Henning Berg, when he left for Old Trafford.

I think that according to RFW's autobiography he had met Shearer for talks a couple of days before Shearer signed for Newcastle. RFW stated that he thought he'd convinced Shearer to join them but, after speaking to Keegan again, Shearer chose his home town club. (Can anyone with the book confirm this?) Either way, grave doubts are cast as to whether Shearer only left Rovers and Jack in order to fulfill a boyhood dream. Why then talk to Man U?

Still, Shearer wasnt an Aussie with a silly goatie was he.

Nobody has bothered to mention what a fantastic signing Neill has turned out to be for West Ham.

He's still a plonker because nobody could have foreseen West Ham getting out of the trouble they were in. So it was money money money all the way. Unless he loves hanging out in the Redback in Acton. (Tris?)

Archived