BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Random Rabbit Thread

Shavings are better than sawdust but I find that the rabbits tend to push it into the corners of the hutch anyway and prefer to sit on the wood floor. They do tend to use one corner as a toilet however and it is easier to keep clean if you can just scoop out the shavings from that corner and replace them with fresh.

Best of luck with the wires and cables though. They chew them all the time.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They do tend to use one corner as a toilet however and it is easier to keep clean if you can just scoop out the

Bentley has a potty in the corner of his cage to wee in so I can just change that. He is still learning to use that though.

I ran one over the other day. I tried to swerve around it but it ran into my path.

Bloody idiot.

I normally end up crying when I see squashed animals on the road! How pathetic am I?

Bentley has a potty in the corner of his cage to wee in so I can just change that. He is still learning to use that though.

I normally end up crying when I see squashed animals on the road! How pathetic am I?

I wouldn't recomend a vistit to outback Oz. Lots of disemboweled and decapitated marsupials that bounced in front of roadtrains.

On that cheery note......

• 4 months later...
You gave a rabbit a bath!!

You'll be taking him to greyhound racing next.

I researched it on the internet and they said it was ok to bath them as long as you dry them properly.

As for Greyhound racing Colin, I dont need to research that - I have been and watched greyhounds race and I know the role a rabbit plays in that - so no colin i wont be doing that!!! :angry:

Hannah,

I wish you and Bentley all the best and I hope you get along famously, but rabbits are meant to live outdoors; eat grass; eat their own poo to re-digest their food, spend the day in a damp & dark burrow; make lots of other little Bentleys; and run like f**k for their burrows if they see anything larger than a mouse.

Hey ho, that's me being all hoity-toity. Hopefully Bentley has had that bred out of him.

We once had a cat called Bez. He got covered in oil. We gave him a soapy bath and rinse. I've still got the scars & the furniture still bears the marks of retribution.

Me thinks she is having everyone on and its the mechanical kind she has invested in !!

Wife had an Anne Summers party the other night and wow what a fright, they had some really big rabbits which apparently did like water !!!

did you try ou the RUDE BOY wazz??

I just recently got a dog who is part greyhound... I'm sure my dog would LOVE to meet Bentley.... He's a sweetheart, I'm sure they'd get along well.

(just ignore the fact that when he sees one of the wild rabbits in the area during our morning walks, he takes off after it so fast that he practically dislocates my shoulder pulling on the leash)

I just recently got a dog who is part greyhound... I'm sure my dog would LOVE to meet Bentley.... He's a sweetheart, I'm sure they'd get along well.

(just ignore the fact that when he sees one of the wild rabbits in the area during our morning walks, he takes off after it so fast that he practically dislocates my shoulder pulling on the leash)

Bentley would like to thank you for the invitation but on this occasion he would like to decline meeting your dog!

The children love Bentely. They went outside into the courtyard with Bentely and he was hopping around the courtyard in amongst the children. He was weaving in and out of the children's legs and sat and let them stroke him. The funniest thing was that I was doing assembly in the main hall and Bentley hopped down the corridor and into the hall - bless him!

• 11 months later...
Bentley would like to thank you for the invitation but on this occasion he would like to decline meeting your dog!

The children love Bentely. They went outside into the courtyard with Bentely and he was hopping around the courtyard in amongst the children. He was weaving in and out of the children's legs and sat and let them stroke him. The funniest thing was that I was doing assembly in the main hall and Bentley hopped down the corridor and into the hall - bless him!

Have you changed his name yet? I got a lionhead called Oscar (after the Grouch) a few months ago, I had him out of the cage in the house the other day and out of nowhere he seems to have grown a penis the size of which I'm pretty sure a rabbit shouldnt have! I'd take a picture to prove it but I'm not sure on the rules of such things.....

Goodness me........I do hope you thought better of that.......

Sadly I didn't think better of it and he is still called that!

Even more sad news is that he was evicted from school due to the new early years playground in his courtyard. I brought him back to my flat but I he wasn't very happy just hopping around the flat and he had also started humping everything in sight.

A friend from work who used to look after him in the holidays asked if her grandchildren could have him and I sadly agreed as he would again have a large garden to live in! He is still called Bentley but now he lives in Solihull.

Archived