BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Shop ?

I'm bringing a few threads together at once here now. BRISA have put it to the board, and we've been parping on about it for ages and now is the time to show who matters in this. The so called club shop is not only a disgrace to Rovers but an insult to the supporters. They say we're getting a "range of merchandise" in for the semi, we get wigs, we've been sold nothing but chav cr@p for years and if you want something for your kids first visit he walks away with a Lonsdale t-shirt. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!

I'm calling on all Rovers suporters to at least boycott the so called shop and show some real fan power. Hopefully our voice WILL be heard when Soccer Sports feel it in the pocket. I for one will be personally stood outside the "shop" on Saturday urging people NOT to go in !!!

We, as Rovers fans, a history like ours, and a club shop we could go in and get ROVERS STUFF, and all we get is cheap ass Lonsdale cr@p and the odd replica shirt, it's a disgrace. Time to stand up and be counted !!!!

Winston Chirchillesque speech over, Think about it. :angry:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with your stand. From a marketing perspective the shop on the Ewood site is a disaster and does nothing to enhance the brand values or brand equity of Blackburn Rovers. I would rather it was turned into a fast food outlet or coffee shop than continue to be a poor imitation of a club shop and just another place where trainer-trash is available.

I'm calling on all Rovers suporters to at least boycott the so called shop and show some real fan power. Hopefully our voice WILL be heard when Soccer Sports feel it in the pocket. I for one will be personally stood outside the "shop" on Saturday urging people NOT to go in !!!

Sijoco, I hear what you say, but if you act out your position on Saturday, then you will leave yourself up for arrest.

Howabout someone creating an on-line petition form and also a hard-copies out at Ewood on Match-days and then forward off to Mr Williams et all!

It's the only reasonable way about it and from Rovers' point of view, I don't think that the hierachy thought this was going to be the result of leasing the clubshop over to that shower. When does their SportsWorld's lease end? Might have to buy them out of it if it's a lenghty one!!

I went to the 'skanky world' shop at Ewood the other day, having read about the range of supporters merchandise now on sale.

WHAT A FOOKIN JOKE - :angry:

I saw:

blue and white wigs

Those horrible monotone horns (yup, blue and white)

blue and white tassle things

I know full well that the shop has pulled these out from their stores somewhere, regurgitating old stock - but guess what you clowns -

WE ARE PLAYING IN RED :angry:

The whole place is a disgrace, and I think anyone boycotting the shop gets my full support.

Bring back the little corner shop on Bolton road

Sijoco, I hear what you say, but if you act out your position on Saturday, then you will leave yourself up for arrest.

Howabout someone creating an on-line petition form and also a hard-copies out at Ewood on Match-days and then forward off to Mr Williams et all!

It's the only reasonable way about it and from Rovers' point of view, I don't think that the hierachy thought this was going to be the result of leasing the clubshop over to that shower. When does their SportsWorld's lease end? Might have to buy them out of it if it's a lenghty one!!

arrest? - for what, what would the charge be?

anyhow back to the issue. I agree with the online petition, what a fantastic idea, and we could run off copies for matchday. something needs to be done...the shop is the pits.

If though we are playing in red most people would still want to use Blue and White

I may have missed this and maybe this question should be in the cup thread (probably where the answer to it is) but why are we in our away kit when we were drawn out as the home team - I just dont get it

I may have missed this and maybe this question should be in the cup thread (probably where the answer to it is) but why are we in our away kit when we were drawn out as the home team - I just dont get it

the FA likes to complicate simple things. We were drawn as the home team and will have the home changing rooms, but we lost the coin toss for the right to wear blue colours.

I noticed the end terrace house next to the shop was up for sale last time I was there.

If only I had the cash, I would love to have bought it and set up a proper 'club' shop there. I dream of seeing a proper club shop again.

Well done Roversmum, this topic has been a bone of contention for me over the last couple of seasons. It is not just the store at Rovers which is rubbish, but also the Club shop online. Whilst I have never had the problem with purchasing anything for me, it has been a problem for many others that I know. As a supporter who lives in south wales I would love to be there week in week out but I cant and thus I purchase stuff online. My problem which i have encountered is that there is never anything for women. I tried to buy a football top for my girlfriend as she coming to watch the game next week in Manc, but they do not have anything in stock. Its bad when your team are in the S-finals and they are not doing enough for the fans.

Whilst its great the club have reduced ticket prices, why don't they put some money towards the promotion of the club and some decent merchandising. Why is it that Man Utd, Everton, Man City Newcastle etc are popular, because they promote their clubs better than Rovers.

Sort it out Rovers.

anyhow back to the issue. I agree with the online petition, what a fantastic idea, and we could run off copies for matchday. something needs to be done...the shop is the pits.

Restriction of trade. It is illegal.

Because Chelsea's away kit is white and still clashes.... :angry:

Our club shop used to be the envy of the Premier League with, I think, the largest area of floor space going and a huge array of top quality Rovers gear and momentos. I simply say, would Uncle Jack have sold it to Chavs Incorporated?

As I have said many times, e-bay is the only place to shop, these days, for your Rovers merchandise and that has got to be wrong.

Even Cowdenbeath would p!!s their sides at our pathetic excuse. :brfc:

If you think the shop is bad (yes I know it's crap) try ordering items from the online store :angry: Living in Spain with a fanatical 8 year old I am restricted on what to buy for him. When he does see something he wants, more than likely it's not in stock for his size. Luckily my mum is coming over for a few days after the semi final so she is bringing him some stuff over. At the end of the day the shop and online store is a joke and I would be more than happy to sign an online petition to get rid of them. How long do they have the lease for? As Roversmum said, I dream of having a proper club shop again. I think most people do :huh:

civil/summary offence only my friend, as long as you gave your name and address you couldnt get nicked ! That is of course unless you offered some sort of threat at which point you would get yrself arrested.

civil/summary offence only my friend, as long as you gave your name and address you couldnt get nicked ! That is of course unless you offered some sort of threat at which point you would get yrself arrested.

1864, I believe that if yer man wanted to urge supporters from going into the shop, then the activity in question will amount to a public/private nuisance and impeding the primary right of the public to pass by him to go willingly into the shop. Therefore it will be an arrestable offence. I would hate to see anything like this happen, as it could edge a very slight minority of fans away from the club over this debacle over the club shop

Something needs to be done and i'm sure the board are aware of this and more than possibly upset at the way Sports World operate their own shop. It might have been initially feasible to hire out the shop, but if it wasn't run accordingly to the home support, then it would cause an awful lot of hassle and disbelief from the fans.

Is there a possibility that we could open a shop down by the reception, 500 club or somewhere for the time being? I always remember the days that the shop was built into the Blackburn End (now Blue Bar) and I could get my Alan Shearer mug, player photos, autograph books etc etc. Those were the days we need to bring back.

A small temporary section could be opened somewhere in the ground, or even use the ticket office booth that is outside Sport World to the left hand side.

Archived