BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so they would invest money in order to lose money and wouldnt want to make money?

No

They's WANT to make money, they just wouldn't. Why do you think US investors walked away from us? We are a bad investment. We don't have the catchment area or merchandising opportunity to make us worth taking over. Anyone who does must be mad, or a Rovers fan.

Are some of these posts for real?

Worried about the race of a potential investor..even questioning a link to Bin Laden (im hoping that was just a sarcastic comment) because its mentioned a group of asian business men may be interested in a takeover. Millions of Asians arent even Muslim and 99.9% of muslims arent terrorists. If we do lose gates because of people not turning up for any of these reasons should a potential take over happen, then I for one would not be sorry to see them go. Im proud to be a rovers fan and I wouldnt like to think that a large percentage of rovers supporters (4-5k???) are that ignorant and racist.

It doesnt matter who buys Rovers so long as they have the clubs interests at heart. If the gates drops dramatically due to a buyers race then maybe we wont have to worry about any racism problems at the ground anymore which would be a very good thing.

On the subject of attendance figures if we had an Asian takeover, would they not rise? I mean, I'm a not saying I know the in's and out's of Blackburns demographics and population, but I'm aware that a large section of the population are of Asian desent. Plus we may also attract new fans from outside Blackburn, like Fulham and City appear to have done thanks to foreign players and investment?

Regardless of who they are and where they come from, the big question is why are they interested in the takeover. We know they're not going to get their money back from a football or commercial point of view. Unlike Dan Williams' mob do they think this is achievable? Are they just looking for an ego trip and the thrill of owning a club and are prepared to make a loss to bring success? Do they think they could make cash from asset stripping the players or with the land at Brockhall?

The main concern, as like last time, is what are their motives and intentions? Whether they smell of garlic, eat bacon sarnies or come from the red planet is irrelevant.

I think it would be a good move, what does it matter if it is an Asian Consortium planning on taking over?

If Rovers fans want to stop coming because our owners aren't white, then let them! God sake, to even suggest that they may be funding terrorism or bin laden or whatever is preposterous!

i think this asia consortium take over (if it does happen) will drastically improve our clubs name in asia and it will be much better in the long term just like what dr.thaksin is doing with citeh.

although it might not go well with some rovers fan, but it is probably in the best for the club and i am sure the walker trustee will only sell if they feel the new owner is in for good!

i for one would welcome this take-over for my beloved rovers!

bring back the glory days!!!

If i remember correctly they had maybe £80m to spend, that is surely not enough in the long run. I am very wary about any takeover, especially ones who dont have at least £300m. Otherwise i have a sneeky suspision they might be in it for a quick buck. The takeover in my opinion is the most important issue we have at the moment - with regards to getting the correct person(s) in. The Trust is in no major rush to sell, so we can at least take out time on is chosen.

I wonder if Uncle Jack was asian or black would he still be adored by us and held in high regard?

The answer is yes because it dont matter who you are or what colour you are its whats in your heart that counts and as long as Rovers belong in someones heart then id be happy for a takeover.

Rovers is important

Race/religion is not!

I think it would be great if an asian guy took over us as hes just the same as anyone else, i wonder if west ham had this discussion about Kia Joabercian when he was going to take over.

Actually they probably didnt because they arnt rasict like certain individuals on here.

Grow up this is a multicultural society.

If Rovers got took over, by no matter who it was, if they spent £50 million on players in one summer (like City) then crowds would be up! Simple as!

Looks like Abbey would then have to try and find a decent seat when he comes crawling back, after the Blackburn End is full up.

If the right amount of backing is behind any bidders and they meet the conditions of Jack Walker, then im happy with that!

Reasons its good for us:

Potentially a great deal on the cards for Blackburn Rovers if they have the right financial backing and the money men can provide money for signings. Aslong as it is good for my football club then im all for it!

Asian owners would surely help attract Asian fans as they should know what will help attract; a market that if we could touch, could be a gold mine for us. If we could get only 10% of all Asians in Blackburn and Darwen alone then we are talking an extra 5000 fans straight away at ewood – if you add that to our normal home crowd of approx 19,000 then we are talking 24,000 home fans + away = back to the days of SOLD OUT!! The 10% of Asians is possible as we get way over 10% of the local population at the moment, yet it doesn’t include many Asian fans. That’s excluding surrounding areas like Preston, Chorley, Bolton & Accrington where im sure we could attract far more from.

It could also open a new marketing option for us in Asian countries, as at the moment not many football clubs have attracted major companies and interest from places like Pakistan, India etc. Imagine if we could get a major company from one of those countries interested and get a lucrative Sponsorship deal with someone like an outsourcing company or maybe a major brand used in the UK.

Maybe play 2 friendlies each pre-season in 3 countries to promote our club – It could help boost our profile as well as help us tap into the market and maybe get extra merchandise sales (when we finally get our own merchandising back). We could play in countries such as India (1.12 billion), Pakistan (161,488,00) Saudia Arabia (24,735,000). (Estimated Populations of 2007 in brackets)

If we could tap into an Asian Market then we could take the next step and set up Rovers TV, where it is available in countries like those mentioned and also in the UK. It could show our friendlies in countries as mentioned earlier and also show highlights, re-runs of our games. (As most wouldn’t want live games anyway due to the time difference). Even if we could only get 50,000 subscribers total (which isn’t a lot if we can attract interest in Asian countries + in the UK) at a bargain price of say £5 a month then straight away we would have £3 million a year extra from that. Just an idea!? I mean they might not even support Blackburn, but just want to watch Premier league football?

Reasons its good for us:

Potentially a great deal on the cards for Blackburn Rovers if they have the right financial backing and the money men can provide money for signings. Aslong as it is good for my football club then im all for it!

Asian owners would surely help attract Asian fans as they should know what will help attract; a market that if we could touch, could be a gold mine for us. If we could get only 10% of all Asians in Blackburn and Darwen alone then we are talking an extra 5000 fans straight away at ewood – if you add that to our normal home crowd of approx 19,000 then we are talking 24,000 home fans + away = back to the days of SOLD OUT!! The 10% of Asians is possible as we get way over 10% of the local population at the moment, yet it doesn’t include many Asian fans. That’s excluding surrounding areas like Preston, Chorley, Bolton & Accrington where im sure we could attract far more from.

It could also open a new marketing option for us in Asian countries, as at the moment not many football clubs have attracted major companies and interest from places like Pakistan, India etc. Imagine if we could get a major company from one of those countries interested and get a lucrative Sponsorship deal with someone like an outsourcing company or maybe a major brand used in the UK.

Maybe play 2 friendlies each pre-season in 3 countries to promote our club – It could help boost our profile as well as help us tap into the market and maybe get extra merchandise sales (when we finally get our own merchandising back). We could play in countries such as India (1.12 billion), Pakistan (161,488,00) Saudia Arabia (24,735,000). (Estimated Populations of 2007 in brackets)

If we could tap into an Asian Market then we could take the next step and set up Rovers TV, where it is available in countries like those mentioned and also in the UK. It could show our friendlies in countries as mentioned earlier and also show highlights, re-runs of our games. (As most wouldn’t want live games anyway due to the time difference). Even if we could only get 50,000 subscribers total (which isn’t a lot if we can attract interest in Asian countries + in the UK) at a bargain price of say £5 a month then straight away we would have £3 million a year extra from that. Just an idea!? I mean they might not even support Blackburn, but just want to watch Premier league football?

Thank God for a positive response! My heart bleeds to see some of the responses on here

Sometimes this site is like an episode of Jerry Springer vs. The Klu Klux Klan.

Why people don't keep their views to themselves on racism is beyond me, you know you won't get away with such talk on here.

It just destroys decent threads, of which we find less and less on this site as time goes on.

For the record I'd welcome investment, as long as it’s not just to make a quick buck. In my opinion if Newcastle had come in for Hughes he'd have jumped ship, because without investment he can't take us any further I'm afraid. As for Bentley, if he went it would hardly be worth going down to Ewood as he's the only shining light on most match days.

We need investment, black, white, pink or green who gives a toss, as long as we match the ambition of the manager and his staff.

PS, anyone got any £10 tickets spare for tomoz, I ain’t paying £30.

It is very sad and worrying to see some extremely small minded people who judge not only potential investors into our club but also fans and who knows, even players, by the colour of their skin. I must admit to having witnessed some of these idiots whilst on euro trips last year and it is extremely embarrassing. We struggle as it is to gain any kind of recognition for what Mark Hughes and his team try to do for us without this kind of bad publicity. These people should take a long hard look at themselves and work out why they are making such comments on persons whom they know nothing about. Grow up and support your team with fans of whatever race and creed and be prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder for football only!

Guest Kamy100

Well if Waggy is right that there would be signifcant amount of fans opposed to the takeover simply because the buyers are Asian then more fool them. At present if a new owner is not found and at current levels of expenditure in the transfer market then it is only a matter of time before we start to struggle and eventually get relegated. If new owners help to safeguard the future but still don't want them because of their skin colour then we deserve what we'll get.

Just found out...

The Asian gentlemen are the same ones mentioned in the Sunday People story about three to four months ago.

Their interests are being looked after by an agent, who was not willing to speak about it at the time.

To recap on what I'd heard back then. They have been trying to buy a club, their background may be in property development and they have a few bob.

More than that I can't say.

But I do wonder what it says in Jack Walker's will about some of the 'issues' this will bring up...

Just found out...

The Asian gentlemen are the same ones mentioned in the Sunday People story about three to four months ago.

Their interests are being looked after by an agent, who was not willing to speak about it at the time.

To recap on what I'd heard back then. They have been trying to buy a club, their background may be in property development and they have a few bob.

More than that I can't say.

But I do wonder what it says in Jack Walker's will about some of the 'issues' this will bring up...

Nicko, do you think it could be LPC Living? I had heard a while ago that the owner was keen to buy into football, but the club he supports is already tied up with some Yanks?

Nicko, do you think it could be LPC Living? I had heard a while ago that the owner was keen to buy into football, but the club he supports is already tied up with some Yanks?

Good thought, but they made their money up here...I believe these people made theirs in London. However I will check it through, thanks.

Archived