BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you just love supporting a smaller club. As soon as you think you've got a good player, he's off.

To put that in perspective though, clubs lower down the rungs have to put up with this all the time, which makes it all the more admirable that their fans maintain their support.

Can I just get something clear - did Bellamy lie about not having a clause?

Well Rover6, last time I looked Spurs weren't in the champions League so that's them out of the question. Maybe arsenal will put in a cheeky bid, doubtful.

I think it's between us and them. Now we'll see how much respect he has for Mark Hughes'. If I was Hughes I would be showing him the interview he did in the let saying he wasn't just here for 1 season.

Ok, Bells gone. Rather than using the transfer rumour thread to debate who we want to replace him, why dont we use this one? I'll start the ball rolling with Dave Nugnet. Young, pacy, knows where the goal is. After all, weyre not going to be able to get somebody as good as Bellamy is right now but buy for the future.

I think the icing is on the cake to be honest. The only thing we can hope for is a Bowyer like collapse. Maybe Rafa won't like him.

Bellers spoke to Hughes' yesterday and still chose to go and speak to Liverpool. Makes me think he will go to be honest.

In a way you can't blame him. He's a boyhood liverpool fan after all. I'm sure we would all want to play for the club we support if given the choice.

In a way you can't blame him. He's a boyhood liverpool fan after all. I'm sure we would all want to play for the club we support if given the choice.

Maybe Bellers should consider the "success" of the players last to leave Rovers for their boyhood heros (i.e. Shearer and Hendry) ;)

Maybe Bellers should consider the "success" of the players last to leave Rovers for their boyhood heros (i.e. Shearer and Hendry) ;)

Good point.

Also think that at Rovers Bellamy is a big fish in a relativeley small sea, at Liverpool he will be a small fish in the big wide ocean - will his ego be able to take that. Pool are a bigger club than the Magpies and he couldn't handle it there.

I'm still hoping he speaks to them and says thanks but no thanks, but in the cold light of day I think we should prepare for life without Bellamy. Can't help but feel bitter towards him that should he go he's used our club as no more than a stepping stone, and he blatantly lied in the LET article, and I quote "i'm not just here for one season then I'm off". Not happy at all :angry:

Dear university exam marker:

Please note that whilst in this exam room I have been under the severe duress and stress that my English Premier League side are in the process of selling there most influencial player, causing the team to significantly weaken.

Any obscene, rude or offensive language contained in this exam is not, i repeat is not a personal attack on you, rather Rafa Benitez, and the Liverpool Football Club.

Regards

Student 300165183

Deakin University, Melbourne

Anyone else agree that should any deal go through that Pongolle should be coming the other way. I think that all though he's no Bellamy he's still young and again provides plenty of pace. Not a like for like replacement but a similar player in many ways.

If Bellamy goes we need to bring in two very good strikers. If we get 6m for Bellamy and say we have 6m available anyway I can't see us getting two top strikers for 12m. If we get 6m plus Pongolle for Bellamy that then potentially gives up to 12m for a new forward (before anyone starts - its just a guess that we have 6m to spend).

Health Warning

Don't allow the events of today affect your health, take deep breathes and try to regulate your blood pressure. Just remember that prima donnas may come and go, pontificate about how much they love the club, respect the manager and coaching staff, but then try to extort as much out the game as they possibly can!

We the Blackburn Rovers supporters will still be there long after they've moved on.

Anyone else agree that should any deal go through that Pongolle should be coming the other way. I think that all though he's no Bellamy he's still young and again provides plenty of pace. Not a like for like replacement but a similar player in many ways.

If Bellamy goes we need to bring in two very good strikers. If we get 6m for Bellamy and say we have 6m available anyway I can't see us getting two top strikers for 12m. If we get 6m plus Pongolle for Bellamy that then potentially gives up to 12m for a new forward (before anyone starts - its just a guess that we have 6m to spend).

I agree with BP. Best of a bad job and all that. Bellamy will have gone by the weekend so we should get used to the idea. Hughes must have half (or three quarters) expected this to happen and if he is a good manager (which is not in any doubt IMO) he must have a plan B. (That's not B for Bellamy, btw, that would be plan TFLT for two-faced little tw@t).

So it would seem that Bellamy is as good as gone. Ta muchly for last season, but don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Hope Hughes has some kind of Plan B up his sleeve, or a Plan C or D for that matter. If, as reported we get around £6m (plus maybe 7m we were going to have for transfers) I'm sure we can get a couple of decent strikers on the cheap somewhere.

Archived