BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Allardyce Resigns

I am told by medical friends, that Sams resignation is all down to his health. Recently during training at the ROF Euxton he fell ill, and was admitted to a local private hospital, where he was later diagnosed with heart problems.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it is health problems, then i'd hope everyone associated with Rovers wishes Allardyce all the best, as it is over the last 7years under Allardyce and us under Souness, that the rivalry between our two clubs has been particularly renewed, and each of us has enjoyed much success, seemingly in the face of the generaly Big Club/Southern-adoring media. Remember the days when Big Sam and Souey both had their 'taches during the promotion run-in, Ricketts competing with Jansen, and when we beat them 4-1 at the Reebok. Wanderers are a club similar to Rovers and sometimes we have to acknowledge our shared issues.......so, best of luck Wanderers, and all the best to Big Sam.....unless he joins Newcasstle and then he's just thick..........

If we get into Europe I will Helicopter Rog of the rovers :tu:

Health problems? Lets see how soon he is back in a hot seat! Also for our sake Bolton have to finish in the top 7 otherwise we wont be making the Intertoto Cup, so we have to kind of be supporting them over the next couple of games.

HAHAHAH NEVER SUPPORT THE PIGGIES ...HEART PROBLEMS ?HE HAD SOME DODGY BLACK PUDDING FROM THE VAN OUTSIDE THE HOSSY.

if it is health problems, then i'd hope everyone associated with Rovers wishes Allardyce all the best, as it is over the last 7years under Allardyce and us under Souness, that the rivalry between our two clubs has been particularly renewed, and each of us has enjoyed much success, seemingly in the face of the generaly Big Club/Southern-adoring media. Remember the days when Big Sam and Souey both had their 'taches during the promotion run-in, Ricketts competing with Jansen, and when we beat them 4-1 at the Reebok. Wanderers are a club similar to Rovers and sometimes we have to acknowledge our shared issues.......so, best of luck Wanderers, and all the best to Big Sam.....unless he joins Newcasstle and then he's just thick..........

Sorry,but that's far too much Bolton lovin for me.

Feck em,I hope they sink.

We have a rivalry with Bolton?

Bloody hell, news to me.

This News is almost as good as my dream of Tesco buying Turf Moor and bulldozing it.

As for the Fat get hes far too good to manage City or Newcastle, wouldnt be too suprised to see him manage a team on the continent and proving the FA are a complete bunch of tools for overlooking him

Love him or hate him, you have to admit that Sam is one of the game's characters, and if his resignation is due to heart or other health problems I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery. The man has been Mr. Bolton Wanderers for the last 18 years and has worked a minor miracle in the way he has turned that club around. Good luck Sam!

Yep, i remember them days. Happy days aswell. Duffer, Dunny, Flitty Shorty, jansen

Souness`s Tache v Sam` tache, then they both shaved it off

Why are people so defensive over it? We were the ones who got automatic promomtion!

Anyone who can`t admit that big Sam has done a monstrous job at Bolton is either in denial ( that means can`t face the truth for the tinted spectatcle brigade ) or doesn`t know football.

Look out....Pearce, O`Neill, Roeder, McLaren

Providing these health reasons are real, and not really a need to spend more time with a solicitor, I recon Sam should try coaching abroad. He has a different way of looking at things, and may find that there are bigger opportunities than Man Citeh or Newcastle abroad in terms of hwat trophies can be won. Neither of the teams linked can offer much hope of consistent trophies, champions league football etc., whereas a team like, I don't know, Benfica or, AZ Alkmaar Feyenoord might do. The leagues are less glamourous than the Premiership, but the clubs have a higher standing, and can get further in European football.

Hadnt thought of him going abroad but now people have mentioned it I can definately see it.

Big sam has a wierd combination of appearing on the outside like he was pulled out of about 1976 yet in methods and approach being just as cutting edge as any manager out there at the moment.

Agree with everyone praising big sam, the man has worked absolute wonders with Bolton, and unfortunate as it may be, there are definite links between us and them...infact i think any fan south of Birmingham see's us as the same team.

Very interested to see what happens next, i think City is the obvious one in geographical terms etc, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was for health issues because its well known that he's not 100%, however if that is the reason then why didnt he just come out and say it?

The Independent this morning is suggesting that his resignation was more because he was fed up with Bolton never giving him any money to spend. They suggest that he is making himself available over the Summer for whatever might come up, having seen O'Neill and Curbishley much in demand after their breaks. They even suggest he could get the England job if McClaren fails against Estonia. A move to Man City is doubted because he would be associated with the Ranson bid, which the City directors seem to be dead against.

Meanwhile Bolton have a press conference this morning so I think we can assume that Sammy Lee has the job.

Meanwhile Bolton have a press conference this morning so I think we can assume that Sammy Lee has the job.

Don't want to diss either Gartside or Sammy Lee unecessarily but promotion to a position of incompetence possibly? :huh:

I sense a Brian Kidd scenario.

It always looked the case though theno. According to the morning papers the other choice was gary speed..... :huh:

He has never struck me as an assistant thats cut out for management but i guess they have been teaching and testing him to make sure he is up to it.

You have to respect what Big Sam has done on a tight budget at t'Reebok and his ability to mould @#/? footballers into an effective unit has to be praised. Having said that, the man is clearly a bit of a tit and his team is possibly the most ugly and cynical this league has seen since Wimbledon slipped into oblivion.

It has been revealed that part of Allardyce's contract stipulated that his successor also had to be called Sam. Sammy Chung, Sam Fox, Sam Bedingfield and Sam Haythornthwaite (of Blackburn Road, Darwen) were all in the running. Sammy the sea lion was offered the job, but turned it down due to lack of finance. So Bolton turned to Little Fat Sam, otherwise known as Sammy Lee. :brfc:

Big Sam for England.

McLaren for the bin round.

Actually I would be happy with that. I am certain Big Sam can do a good job as England manager. He would instil a style that most international sides would find difficult to handle (as most EPL sides have found agaist Bolton) and would also inject some spirit and energy into the team as well. I would guess that a few of the "ever presents" would find themselves either out altogether or else given a swift hard kick up their jacksies to help them get the message.

Archived