BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Brother

I caught Dermot o'Leary making an appearance on Soccer AM, and I thought 'Oh poo its that time of year again'. So does anyone know when Channel 4 negates all responsibility to putting out interesting TV like Unreported World or Monarchy in favour of inflicting retards, freaks and self obsessed nobwits on an infantile public?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded episode 1 a couple of weeks ago just to see what all the fuss was about. The guys at work have been banging on about it for ages, now after a "heroes fest" I'm up to date with episode 22 and I'm itching to download next monday's - I still can't see which way it's going - the storyline is twistier than a twisty thing.

I downloaded episode 1 a couple of weeks ago just to see what all the fuss was about. The guys at work have been banging on about it for ages, now after a "heroes fest" I'm up to date with episode 22 and I'm itching to download next monday's - I still can't see which way it's going - the storyline is twistier than a twisty thing.

Its a top show alright. I'm addicted to that and "lost" at the moment.

I f**ing hate big brother, Im a celebrity get me out of here, Love island ...... PLEASE NO MORE!!!

The quality of female bodies in bikinis make shipwrecked just about bearable however. :P

I agree roversyoyo lost is quality. What are your theories on why they are they there? Episodes 19-20 really throw some new ideas in the air.

Its meant to start on 30th April, but i've not seen any advertising for it - usually they plug it for weeks before it starts.

Maybe its been scrapped. It is boring, but I do sometimes get hooked on it.

I f**ing hate big brother, Im a celebrity get me out of here, Love island ...... PLEASE NO MORE!!!

The quality of female bodies in bikinis make shipwrecked just about bearable however. :P

Shipwrecked is as bad as BB. A bunch of thicko Jemimas and Jeremys who happen to be eye candy settling into the whole kindergarten 'that island smells of poo' routine. If these no marks had any wit, they'd be sly and say to the producers "we're not playing your game" by extensively co-operating with the other island, rather than being petty tools. The only amusment is that particular thicko who said slavery should be reintroduced, to which I may have replied "yes indeed. Now I own you, give me some oral loving". Well white people were sometimes slaves as well. Whenever I have watched that show, for the eye candy like Benbhen, I couldn't tell any of them apart as they all had cardboard personalities and had less character than an interview with Fall Out Boy.

I did the same, i knew i would get hooked once i started so i waited for a bit then after i watched the first episode that was it and i watched the first 10 in a day. Then got up to date with 2 or 3 a day until the series restarted and 1 a week just is to slow! I love the show. Even more than lost, but to give lost credit the last 2 or 3 have been amazingly good again. Last 2 of scrubs series 6 tonight as well.

Big Brother starts on a wednesday from what i have been told, so i assume the 30th is correct. There will also be another series next year as they are building a brand new house for it. This will be the final series from this house.

I always watch the first episode of every big brother to see just how much of a weirdo bunch Endemol can find. They seem to get less believable as real people every year. Only the series where Kate Lawler won and Jade rose her ugly head for the first time has actually got me watching fairly regularly.

I reckon the contestants will be:

1. A half Dutch Lapdancer

2. A Media Studies Uni student from Bromley who claims that she'll do everyone (and doesn't)

3. A truculent Goth

4. A really loud annoying gay from Scotland

5. That German cannibal who ate that mans willy

6. A really self-absorbed posh bint from the midlands.

7. A wannabe gangster who once met football 'legend' Darren Peacock.

8. A transexual bi-polar darts player from Samoa

9. A fat bloke who says nothing

10. A Geordie prat who had just come out of prison for bumming a dog.

11. A former smackhead and rentboy

12. A really homophobic, angry black gangster wannabe from Kensington

13. Count Duckula

14. Some bloke who really fancies himself and claims to have had 3,000 women.

Obviously when the ratings sag, they'll lob in some other dribbling freaks who seek the G-List gravy train all the way to the Love Island who are even more obnoxious and irritating than the waste of blood and organs who are already there. All the while, Dermot O'Leary will be acting like some woman from Friends and chatting crap to some so-called behavioural expert. And Davina will be shouting at the camera and squeezing out another kid. the Darleks had a good idea............................

Its perfect tv fodder, when nothing else is on

however its going in a direction i cant be bothered with lately. Im sick of the whole campness of it all now

There will no doubt be like 3 gay men, at least 5 bi sexuals and a lesbian

I mean, cant they put more than one lesbian in the house, oh and make them attractive. No beth Ditto types, a thank you :)

I bet there will be a man in a thong as well. Would be funny if someone made their entrance dressed as either the Pope, or an SS uniform. That'll cause some bother.

How's about someone in a Pope mask dressed in a SS Uniform bumming a gay dog? Surely that would be ground breaking television? Then again, maybe not.

I'll be avoiding it like The Plague but will no doubt end up watching the first episode and wonder well the hell they drag these freaks in from.

Speaking of which i won't be around from the 30th for about 90days :P

Just because I called you a fanny magnet once................ :lol:

Knocking one out whilst looking at your myspace friends list doesn't count Christian!

If I ever entered, I'd just leave after a week. I'd like to meet all the new people, and ask how they are etc. But then once their arrogant and vacuous natures become exposed, I'd walk. I can't be doing with all the bitchyness and stupidity. I recently worked with someone who had entered to be a contestant, and managed to get to the last 1000. I think he wasn't gay enough to get onto the show. Nor has he had a sex change.

And surely she knew that any BB crew are maipulative sh_ts who would probably not tell her.

I know your bitter about not being selected for this years show but still give them some credit.

Her dad said that he did not want her to be informed until she left the house. Her brother then released a statement confirming that she was aware of her dad's illness and knew that he could very well die during the show. It's the familys decision and not BB's as no TV executive could ever defend that decision.

As fashionable as bashing reality TV has become (and the fact the BB is now a mere shadow of it's former self), I'll still be watching it.

It's always amazed me that it provokes such strong feeling in people. If you don't like it, don't watch it, simple as.

As fashionable as bashing reality TV has become (and the fact the BB is now a mere shadow of it's former self), I'll still be watching it.

It's always amazed me that it provokes such strong feeling in people. If you don't like it, don't watch it, simple as.

There are those of us out there who would prefer to watch quality programmes.

The western world is infested with such dross as BB.

It's time the programmers got their arse into gear.

There are those of us out there who would prefer to watch quality programmes.

The western world is infested with such dross as BB.

It's time the programmers got their arse into gear.

This is true, I agree entirely, but it seems to be BB that takes the brunt of the complaints and I've never worked out why. I only have about 6 shows set to record on Sky+ and only one of those is British (Dr.Who), other than the odd cracking sitcom and quiz show most UK output is cack.

Archived