BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Nicko

After seeing that you again are the first to break a Rovers story -

HUGHES TO LAND RIGTERS

By Alan Nixon 02/07/2007

BLACKBURN Rovers boss Mark Hughes is signing young Dutch striker Maceo Rigters in a bargain £350,000 deal today - ahead of rival moves by Newcastle United and Celtic

I think its only right to award you with your own thread and to ease any searching out of your messageboard exclusives

Post away Nicko, we wont tell anyone .....

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, keep it quiet :lol:

Think there should be good news on Rigters today.

My Dutch contact tells me he will be in Blackburn on Monday and has already decided that Rovers are the best option.

Only snag I can see is that there are a few agents involved, so that means complications.

But cannot see any reason why this should not happen.

Price is cheap, seems a decent player and a good chance of making the side - or being on the bench.

OK, keep it quiet :lol:

Think there should be good news on Rigters today.

My Dutch contact tells me he will be in Blackburn on Monday and has already decided that Rovers are the best option.

Only snag I can see is that there are a few agents involved, so that means complications.

But cannot see any reason why this should not happen.

Price is cheap, seems a decent player and a good chance of making the side - or being on the bench.

Thanks for the info Nicko.

One of those "few agents" may be at work north of the border as it said on talksport this morning that Celtic were favourites to sign the lad as his agent was today heading for Glasgow to talk terms with Celtic.

Like I say though, that was talksport :rolleyes:

To be fair there were 2 stories in the press this morning - one in the Mirror (linking him with us) and one in the daily record (linking him with celtic). Sky/BBC et al seem to have (rightly or wrongly) just picked up the Daily Record one - its the same quotes being reused.

To be fair there were 2 stories in the press this morning - one in the Mirror (linking him with us) and one in the daily record (linking him with celtic). Sky/BBC et al seem to have (rightly or wrongly) just picked up the Daily Record one - its the same quotes being reused.

Fair enough, but there were no quotes in the mirror version, whereas there are quotes attributed to Rigters agent in the other which rule us out completely.

Sky/BBC et al seem to have (rightly or wrongly) just picked up the Daily Record one - its the same quotes being reused.

The story seems to indicate that he will be in scotland tomorrow but is in england today. So he could very well be at brockhall.

Fair enough, but there were no quotes in the mirror version, whereas there are quotes attributed to Rigters agent in the other which rule us out completely.

Ah! but then it IS the Daily Record saying it! For those of you that (luckily) don't have access to Scotlands 2nd worst apology for a newspaper (the Daily Sport holds the title) you won't understand the situation. The situation is that in the good old days of outdoor cludgies at the bottom of the yard, no self respecting household would even consider the Daily Record as being fit for tearing into neat little squares and hanging on a string behind the cludgie door.

To be fair to Nico, he did say that agents (plural) were involved and complicating matters.

I suppose it depends how confident and ambitious the lad is. If he feels a spell of nursery football with the thrill of CL thrown in, he will go north of the border. If he wants a chance of the top challenge week in week out, he will go to Rovers.

If Rovers really want him, Celtic will struggle to compete.

But there are quotes from the NAC Breda Director of Football saying, yesterday or on Saturday, saying that two English premiership clubs had made bids for him, and that Celtic or Rangers hadn't. Which would mean that the quote from the agent in the Record article ("There are no other clubs involved apart from Norwich") doesn't seem quite right. So either NAC or that agent are lying here, because I seriously doubt Rigters would say "No thanks" to Rovers or Newcastle yet still consider Norwich an option.

Haven't his current club (NAC Breda?) been quoted as saying that there has only been bids from two English clubs - no Scottish clubs.

Nicko

After seeing that you again are the first to break a Rovers story -

HUGHES TO LAND RIGTERS

By Alan Nixon 02/07/2007

I think its only right to award you with your own thread and to ease any searching out of your messageboard exclusives

Post away Nicko, we wont tell anyone .....

Cheers Nicko

You'll be a fan's favourite in no time

Keep your own thread on the front page by keeping us informed

Thanks again

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Welcome to the new MB award - The ORDER OF THE BROWNIE NOSE

:wub:

Haven't his current club (NAC Breda?) been quoted as saying that there has only been bids from two English clubs - no Scottish clubs.

They have but I thought that those comments were published before the weekend, which means the situation could have changed since then with Celtic registering a bid.

Although it is fair to say that the agent's comments and that of the club do contradict each other.

Wake me up on August 11th. <_<

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Welcome to the new MB award - The ORDER OF THE BROWNIE NOSE

:wub:

With the exception of Jim early Sun stories and Unleaded, the first genuine 'in-the-know' contributor this message board has known. In my opinion Tris, one of the few posters I'm genuinely interested in, and the thread saves delving through the general bilge of the transfer window thread which generally consists of players people have spotted scoring from outside the box on eurosports weekly goals round-up

Archived