SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jack Walker

laughatthedingles

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having not been a fan when Jack was alive, i feel a little like i missed out on a large part of is what is Rovers now. In a way i feel like a kid who hears about there great uncle Jack, never haveing met him but loving all the storys and great thing people say about him. Thats how i feel, not haveing been around when he was there but feeling like i knew him. Thank you Jack, for bringing Rovers as far as you did and bringing joy to Rovers fans all over the world.

Theres only one Jack Walker!! RIP

Having not been a fan when Jack was alive, i feel a little like i missed out on a large part of is what is Rovers now. In a way i feel like a kid who hears about there great uncle Jack, never haveing met him but loving all the storys and great thing people say about him. Thats how i feel, not haveing been around when he was there but feeling like i knew him. Thank you Jack, for bringing Rovers as far as you did and bringing joy to Rovers fans all over the world.

Theres only one Jack Walker!! RIP

What a brilliant tribute to Jack, there RoverFan

A lot of the younger generation will join in the chanting of "There is only one Jack Walker", however I dont think that the vast majority of them will appreciate to the full extent what Jack's contribution to the club was. Yes they will see the a modern stadium, know that the club won the Premiership and that the cream of british and european internationals graced the Ewood turf.

Prior to Jack 's full involvement with the club, Rovers were a team going nowhere and with no prospect of being anything but a yoyo club between the old second and third division. Any player developed was sold just to keep the club alive, in the days when the staff had to buy their own tea.

It makes me laugh now when I see some of the posts in the transfer topic on who Rovers should buy, when I think back to the days when the club couldnt even afford to pay the wages of existing staff on the payroll. Oh and how we were in raptures at the thought of signing a player from Grimsby or Bury.

When you complain these days about how the media knock the club, think yourself lucky that they even mention Rovers, as there was a time that the only source of news was the LET, heck the nationals had a hey day of ridicule when Rovers made a bid for Lineker. Everyone thought we were taking the p.

But it wasnt just Jacks money that brought the club success, he may have brought in top management ie Kenny, but Jacks drive and enthusiasm helped to gel the team and carry it through to success. I once had a long afternoons conversation with one of the championship team, who said that a lot of the success was down to Jack, they were at the time all part of a family and wanted to do it for him. He never said anything after a poor result,they only had to see his face after a defeat to realise they had let him down.

If the club is sold, however comes in will have a hard act to follow, but I very much doubt that they will have the club in their heart as much as the greatest Rovers supporter. Mr Jack Walker.

What a brilliant replay Alan75, I'll try my best to follow suit.

Alot of people outside our club don't really know the full impact of what Jack did they always say we bought the prem in 95. Anyone who wins the top league knows you can not buy the title at all and it really annoys me when folk say that about us. Yes the money is a huge factor but if that was the case why haven't Newcastle won the league by now.

This attitude seems to be the only response people give about our club. But lets face it we would never have been the club we are today if Jack had not got involved like Alan said we would be scrapping around in the lower leagues and slogging it out with Bury or Stockport on a weekley basis. Instead we have a great stadium great training complex and a secure future. People outside the club do not see that and to me it is the most important thing.

Anyway hope we have a great day on Sunday and Jack is remembered by all at the ground including Arsenal fans coz we were so lucky to have someone own our club who loved our club.

Jack Walker -

Thankyou for allowing us to share the same dream.

Thankyou for being one of the proudest Blackburnians that came out of our town.

Thankyou for giving me some of the best memories in my life.

God Bless you and we will always miss you but NEVER forget you.

I remember the Norwich game a fantastic tribute to a fantastic man, to see on the big screen various players paying tribute and accompanied by the song Time To Say Goodbye, it wasn't just the women who were crying on that day.

Everytime I hear that song the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Agree totally - that day my wife and I were in tears and so were most around us.

I hope the club arrange a minute's silence, or a minute's applause - perhaps Lee can tell us?

wow all those years ago it happened... but the tragedy only seems like yesterday, we could never forget rovers greatest fan...who we love and miss dearly.... we will never forget you and i hope your star is burning blue like your heart...

Forever in our heads and our hearts..... Thank you for the heart and soul we love and miss it so much... God bless you Sir Jack Walker.... R.I.P

FOREVER UNCLE JACKS BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Nafe_rovers

I cant believe its been 7 years. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I remember that my Grandma had died a couple of years before round the same date and she too dies of cancer and i just remember thinking that God only takes the best, and she will have elcomed Jack up there with open arms for what he did for her town.

I still get emotional now just thinking about it. This town, the club had never seen grief like it, and in all honesty i doubt we ever will again.

I still remember the Norwich game, the reading of the poem on the big screen, the tears, the silence. It was quite a surreal game. It was like the fans didnt want to sing during the game, but then we scored and cheered and it went quiet again.............then people stayed at the end of the game, chanting theres only 1 jack walker. Eventually Souness came out and walked to the blackburn end and pointed to jack walkers box. His family came back out and clapped us.

Its a shame that the players there today dont know Jack Walker or what he did for us. Was Freidal here when Jack was? They see around the ground, but dont really know. Thats why people like Bellamy annoy me, you came, you left. Jack would have done everything to keep him here.

Win it today boys for Jack. Ill be there singing his name loud and proud.

Theres only 1 Jack Walker.

Indeed StuWilky, it were very poor, sing a song about Burnley and the whole BBurn end will join in, sing Uncle Jack's name and only a few joined in. Half arsed is the only way to describe it.

Down at ewood today and went over to the statue to take a look at the lovely flowers that had been left. Thought a Rovers fan had perhaps placed them but to my shock, and surprise i suppose the flowers sat there where from Fred Walker. The card read To my brother on what is your 7th anniversary love Fred and family. Brings home really that he may have been part of this great club, but he was also someones brother, father and uncle. Found it strange, but nice that the flowers from a family member where there.

• 11 months later...