BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

They didn't miss him last year, they are not gettign the goals from midfeild they did last year and with Ronaldo out for a few more it ain't going to be happening soon

They had Saha for a good part of last year and that's when I thought they were best. They played some great stuff last night, but looked quite toothless once they got within 18 yards. Ronaldo will never score as many goals as he did last season, so they are going to have to find them from somewhere. I still think they'll win the title, they are playing the best football, even if they aren't winning and I can't see it staying that way for long.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea for a thread USA. I enquired in the Arsenal one and got redirected. I think we should keep this up for the season as stuff happens every week.

I agree with Gerrard on Stiles. Too many Chelsea players having a go got to him. He's not the biggest bloke and having a posse of 6 footers surrounding him every decision must have messed with his psyche. After watching this game and ours yesterday I feel that English football is descending to the depths of some of our European counterparts; feigning injury and diving will become the norm, constantly conning the referee then berating him during after the game will become commonplace.

Man U bought too many players and they are all trying to fit in. They did buy very similar ones too, without a target man.

If the first week is to go by this will be a very interesting season. I think that it will be much closer than previous ones from top to bottom.

Elano is going to be the Premiership sensation. What a midfielder he is. If Man Citeh can keep this spirit going, they'll be a real contestant for Europe!

I think their bubble will burst fairly soon and they'll end up finishing around 10th. If you actually look at the performance yesterday it wasn't good (only exception being Dunne and Richards). They lost possession easily, didn't create a single chance and lacked any ideas.

I think their bubble will burst fairly soon and they'll end up finishing around 10th. If you actually look at the performance yesterday it wasn't good (only exception being Dunne and Richards). They lost possession easily, didn't create a single chance and lacked any ideas.

I tend to agree Eddie. I think they will be a bit like Pompey were last season.

On the basis of spending a shed load of money and getting a rag tag assemblage of new players in, SGE stands head and shoulders and several points ahead of Messrs Bruce, Keane, Jol, Curbishley, Sanchez with only the Wigan chap coming close (and spending a lot less).

This leads me to think about one of the greater Rovers what ifs- what if SGE had not given back word to Rob Coar. There is no doubt in my mind with all the money Jack lavished in the hands of Woy and Kidd, SGE could have taken us very close to a second title.

The guy certainly knows what he is doing at club level as I rather fear we will find out in our next home League game.

Found an interesting article on Spurs on Soccernet with an appropriate title about the club's selection problems nowadays: "Needlessly over-complicated".

It says what we pretty much all know: that Spurs have too many strikers, too many midfielders (but not enough outright wingers), etc. And then, when I log onto Sky Sports, I see this...

Spurs lodge £10 million bid for Riquelme

They'll never learn, it seems.

Riquelme is world class but will suffer the same fate as Veron in the PL, his sort doesn't suit the play, he needs to long on the ball and long passing along the ground to break defenses doesn't fly.

On SGE, as much as people bag him about his time with England (I don't think many would have done much better), the man does have quite a pedigree at club level and I can see City FINALLY starting to seriously challenge for some silverware.

Strange to be going into a week-end hoping for wins for Spurs and Man City but if these perennially under-achieving leasser brethren pull off wins at OT and Emirates it will bevery good for the game in England.

It would for instance already put Man U in need of a double over Chelsea making the head-to-heads between the top 4 a bit more interesting than usual.

Watched a reply of the first half of Porto v Sporting in a bar last night- happened to be on the Sports Channel. Very entertaining for 0-0. I can see why Nani is struggling since his move to Mancs. Queresma on the other hand looks brilliant and I am amazed that none of England's top 4 coughed up Porto's asking price.

Watched a reply of the first half of Porto v Sporting in a bar last night- happened to be on the Sports Channel. Very entertaining for 0-0. I can see why Nani is struggling since his move to Mancs. Queresma on the other hand looks brilliant and I am amazed that none of England's top 4 coughed up Porto's asking price.

I think it would make more sense to get Joao Moutinho, he is better than Nani.

FC Porto sold a lot of players so had no need to sell their star player. But he won't last one more year here.

It's gut check time for Arsenal at the Emirates. If the Gunners are serious about finishing in the top four this year (and I was one of the ones who picked them there), then they'll have a strong second half to beat Man City and come out of that match with some confidence.

Listening to the match on 5live... it is pretty much all arsenal... but they just can't score (or as the commentator would have it... they don't have anyone who wants to!)

I think that commentator would be right, they've just missed a penalty. :lol:

Listening to the match on 5live... it is pretty much all arsenal... but they just can't score (or as the commentator would have it... they don't have anyone who wants to!)

They really do lack the killer finishing touches. Should have a goal differential of about +6 or so by now.

Listening to it on the radio and there saying spus should've had a penelty or two.

Certainly think they should have had one. How often do you see it happen though where a decision goes against the lower level team and then the "big four" go to the other end and score!

I hate spurs - but I feel for them in todays game! Shocking referee!

Archived