BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Magic

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please don't tell me you actually believe the hot balls rubbish.

Correct! It's just plain bloody daft...... They always put some of them in the freezer. :rolleyes:

btw tgm

"Nah I'm not saying the semi final draw is a fix. All I'm saying is that we (BRFC) will not be drawn against Watford" Robbie Savage

Wonderful to see three non Premiership clubs in the semis.

The FA couldn't have known it would pan out like this, but the decision to hold the semis at Wembley as well has probably worked out well for the clubs in question this time.

Still shouldn't be playing the semis at Wembley though

Good luck to those remaining

Pompey v Barnsley

Cardiff v WBA

Pompey V WBA final

Correct! It's just plain bloody daft...... They always put some of them in the freezer. :rolleyes:

btw tgm

"Nah I'm not saying the semi final draw is a fix. All I'm saying is that we (BRFC) will not be drawn against Watford" Robbie Savage

Well there was only a 1 in 3 chance we would be drawn against them so it's hardly a big statement to make.

If only we had beaten Coventry and then would have had WBA's run to the semis.

And if my aunie had bolllocks?............. No doubt all the supporters of Prem clubs that got beaten by opposition from lower divs will prob be saying exactly the same thing

Barnsley v Cardiff

Pompey v WBA

IF Cardiff win the FA Cup, they cannot represent England in the UEFA Cup, therefore the UEFA Cup spot will go to either Pompey or WBA

Yeah, which means a Chelsea-Cardiff final would have given an extra UEFA spot to the league! Which is annoying considering I was supporting Barnsley thinking the chance of that had gone when United went out.

the only chance for the extra place going to the league is for west brom to beat pompey, to win the final and not get promoted.

for what its worth if west brom beat pompey then theres a good chance of the next two happening, but we shall see..theyve scored 10 goals away from home in their last two rounds.

the only chance for the extra place going to the league is for west brom to beat pompey, to win the final and not get promoted.

for what its worth if west brom beat pompey then theres a good chance of the next two happening, but we shall see..theyve scored 10 goals away from home in their last two rounds.

To be fair they didnt look that good against Coventry - Coventry looked that bad! They barely came out of first gear to stuff Coventry.

I watched the Boro - Cardiff tie yesterday and was very impressed with Cardiff`s youngsters, especially the 17 year old midfield player called Ramsey. Then i remembered that in the Times last week it was reported that Hughesy is hoping that this young man signs for us but he is very much a wanted man.

I thought that UEFA had changed the ruling because of Millwall getting in the UEFA Cup the other year and now no-one from a lower league could enter the UEFA Cup?

Nothing in UEFA's guidelines says you have to be in a country's top division to be entered.

• 4 weeks later...

As we get to the sharp end of the best FA Cup in years (with one notable exception), two fascinating semi-finals this week-end.

Fortunately for Rovers, the best final for us, Pompey v Cardiff is the likeliest outcome but given the way this season's competition has gone, nobody would be surprised by a West Brom v Barnsley final.

Barnsley deserve it for knocking out Chelsea and Liverpool whilst West Brom being the only club to have won the FA Cup and promotion in the same season are going for being doubly unique.

Archived